Reply to this topicStart new topic
> LeBron/DWade, Possible?
puckthefistons
post Jul 12 2006, 11:27 AM
Post #1

NBDL

Group: Members
Member No.: 185

I am just throwing this out there because we are in a lull and I am tired of hearing about Wilcox and Butler.

Lebron and DWade just signed 3 year deals, which would allow them to become free agents. Big Ben's contract would have 1 year left on it at that point.
Both have obvious aspirations to be a Bull one day, to varying degrees (Lebron's want to be Michael, DWade from Chi).

Dare I say we could have both?
No, Prolly not... but what if? I'm expecting eventually that in some league a couple top notch players will decide it's not just about the $$$ (they can still get huge endorsements anyway, more than they would playing) and team up to create a unstoppable duo. Imagine Hinrich Wade Lebron Deng Wallace. Imagine.

It'll most likely never happen, but it's fun to dream... cheers.gif

bullssmilie1.jpg
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
taurus515th
post Jul 12 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 161

i think D-Wade is overrated. Lebron is the real thing tho. But i like who we have on our team now and when we get a decent post player we will not need them.

+Quote Post
cars
post Jul 12 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 210

That's some great Bulls Kool Aid there. I wouldn't mind it, but...

The one who has the outside shot of leaving is Lebron. Dwayne loves Miami and the opportunity they gave him. Shaqs contract will almost be up at that point, giving Miami cap flexibility again to go ahead and get him help. He also quickly jumped on his extension as he knows he could win 1 more championship before a rebuilding is necessary.

The more interesting decision will be Lebron. We all know that he desperately wants to bring a championship team to Cleveland. But at some point he's got to start wondering whether or not the staff in Cleveland can do that. They've got no draft picks next year, they've draft poorly outside of Lebron (Luke Jackson, etc.). They gave big money to Ilgauskus, Larry Hughes, and soon Gooden. Other signings like Donyell Marshall and Damon Jones haven't worked out.

Is this team any better than they were last year? No...I think they have a 3 year window to show them that they can build a winning team. That means they've got 3 years to add a wingman to Lebron...

The pressure on Lebron to stay in Cleveland is huge...he better wear teflon back there if he ever leaves.

+Quote Post
taurus515th
post Jul 12 2006, 11:43 AM
Post #4

Rookie

watch these- http://youtube.com/watch?v=uxV5BGIJkeQ&search=luol%20deng
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z9KbVzafw1A&search=ben%20gordon

just imagine if our guys get consistent this coming up season which i have faith they will

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o_--5Jupt6I&search=ben%20gordon

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 12 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #5

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (taurus515th @ Jul 12 2006, 11:30 AM)
i think D-Wade is overrated. Lebron is the real thing tho. But i like who we have on our team now and when we get a decent post player we will not need them.

You're kidding, right? Did you watch the playoffs at all? How many guys average 27 points, 6 boards, and 7 assists over the course of the year? The guy just won a ring and basically carried his team in the finals. He's easily one of the top 10 players in the league, and that's probably too conservative.

It's still at least 3 years before we have any kind of shot at these guys, so I wouldn't get too excited just yet. I can't imagine that we'd have enough cap space for both, especially if Hinrich, Deng and Wallace are still around.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jul 12 2006, 11:54 AM
Post #6

All-Star

Member No.: 21

No.

next question.

+Quote Post
taurus515th
post Jul 12 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #7

Rookie

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12 2006, 11:47 AM)
No.

next question.

Thank u somebody else besides me doesnt want them either.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jul 12 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #8

All-Star

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (taurus515th @ Jul 12 2006, 11:51 AM)
Thank u somebody else besides me doesnt want them either.

Its not that I don't want them, its just not going to happen. All of these star players are only signing 3 year deals because the collective bargaining agreement is up in 3 years, and the greedy bastards want to make sure if the max $ deal goes up, that they don't miss out on a dime of it. Its not because they want to leave their teams, or go to another team, its all about money.

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Jul 12 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #9

Bench

Member No.: 27

In 3 years...

PG- Kirk
SG- Wade
SF- LeBron
PF- KG
C- Ben Wallace

I like it.

+Quote Post
taurus515th
post Jul 12 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #10

Rookie

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12 2006, 11:53 AM)
Its not that I don't want them, its just not going to happen. All of these star players are only signing 3 year deals because the collective bargaining agreement is up in 3 years, and the greedy bastards want to make sure if the max $ deal goes up, that they don't miss out on a dime of it. Its not because they want to leave their teams, or go to another team, its all about money.

o lol.

+Quote Post
RememberThe90's
post Jul 12 2006, 12:04 PM
Post #11

Bench

Member No.: 83

QUOTE (taurus515th @ Jul 12 2006, 11:30 AM)
i think D-Wade is overrated.

wow...just wow.

rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
taurus515th
post Jul 12 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #12

Rookie

ok yall do not to believe me about how i think D-Wade is overrated. All D-Wade has to do is throw up any kind of shot and the refs call it a foul. We will all c how good D-Wade is going to be caring a team without Shaq.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 12 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #13

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (taurus515th @ Jul 12 2006, 12:00 PM)
ok yall do not to believe me about how i think D-Wade is overrated. All D-Wade has to do is throw up any kind of shot and the refs call it a foul. We will all c how good D-Wade is going to be caring a team without Shaq.

rolleyes.gif

Okay, so what about the other 18+ points (actually 19.6 in the playoffs) per game he gets? Even if you take out free throws entirely for him, he outscored every player on the Bulls.

And Kobe's peformance sure seems to be suffering without Shaq... That's even less of a factor in Wade's case. Although Shaq is still good, he's nowhere near the dominant force that he used to be, and he was a minor factor in the Finals, averaging under 14 a game and finishing in single digits twice.

+Quote Post
Kalapse
post Jul 12 2006, 12:26 PM
Post #14

12th Man

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 12 2006, 01:10 PM)
rolleyes.gif

Okay, so what about the other 18+ points (actually 19.6 in the playoffs) per game he gets? Even if you take out free throws entirely for him, he outscored every player on the Bulls.

And Kobe's peformance sure seems to be suffering with Shaq...

Please ignore the effortless penetration behind the curtain.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jul 12 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #15

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

It couldn't be more unrealistic to think we could even afford let alone attract both players, but it is very possible that at least one of their situations will lend itself to the possibility. With all the old guys on the heat besides wade, and maybe wanting to play at home, they could struggle a bit in a couple years and it could end up working out very well for us.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2024 - 02:05 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home