> We have a legit shot at Oden
Michael Jordan
post Apr 6 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #1

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

Somebody posted this on the Knicks board:

It's VERY realistic knicks fans. At best your team will go 1-6... that is enough to give you the 5th worst record in the nba easily. And the Hawks have 28 wins already. So if they can go 4-3 in thier remainsing games, they can match the knicks if the knicks go 0-7. Then the easily move into the top 4, lottery ball wise.

Knicks schedule and prediction:

OPPONENT
at Milwaukee ...L
Detroit ...L
at Chicago ...L
at New Jersey ...L
at Toronto ...L
New Jersey ...L
at Charlotte...L

Discuss
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 6 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I find it very hard to believe we will be getting the number 1 pick, or even the number 2. If the balls went our way I'd probably wet myself and shot out and Oden chant. With that said, Im guessing we get like the 7th-8th pick in the draft which wouldn't be all that bad but I'd much rather have #1 or #2 obviously. (Assuming both Oden and Durant go pro).

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 6 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #3

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

They still have two highly winnable games there against a depleted Milwaukee team and Charlotte, which could make things more difficult. There are two games against New Jersey as well, who only have 35 wins despite their superior talent. 4 wins wouldn't be totally out of the question, and 2 is fairly reasonable.

It's a bit of a jumbled mess right now, there are 7 teams with between 30 and 32 wins, and these guys aren't exactly going to be breaking their backs trying to win. There's no chance that they catch Memphis, Boston, or Milwaukee, and Atlanta would have to win at least 3 games to tie them even if the Knicks go winless. So we're probably looking at the 5-slot at best, which translates to an 8.8% chance of winning the lottery according to ESPN's little game. There's a 6% chance at the 6-slot, and anything lower than that is under 2%.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Apr 7 2007, 12:24 AM
Post #4

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Toronto was in the 5 spot last year.

+Quote Post
ChWRoCk2
post Apr 7 2007, 10:56 AM
Post #5

6th Man

Member No.: 41

As much as I would love to have Oden, we need alot to happen.

Teams ahead of Knicks in draft order.

1st: Memphis Out of question
2nd: Boston Out of question
3rd: Milwaukee
4th: Atlanta
5th: Charlotte
6th: Seattle
7th: Philly
8th: Portland
9th: Sacramento
10th: New York

Crossed out teams are teams Knicks cant catch up to record wise.

Thats alot of spots to move up if were gonna get in the top 3 or so. Im hoping we can land in the 5th spot at least, reasonable with sac and portland winnin alot lately. Gonna need alot of help.

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post Apr 7 2007, 11:09 AM
Post #6

Bench

Member No.: 66

don't worry... Greg Oden is actually a verson of god, and he wants to come to the Bulls, so he has it all planned where the Bulls get no. 1 no matter what.

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post Apr 7 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #7

6th Man

Member No.: 214

Its nothing what I would count on but its definitely in the realm of possibilities. I mean, it is a lottery and anything can happen. Like the Raptors getting the 1 pick this year and even the year where Jordan and the Wiz got the first pick when we had the most lottery balls.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Apr 8 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #8

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

Let's pray for 1 or 2 but more importantly lets hope for no worse than 4th. If we can't get Oden/Durant/Wright we might as well settle for Horford.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Apr 8 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #9

Superstar

I believe, if I understand the lottery system, it's virtually impossible for the Bulls to wind up 4th or 5th.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 8 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #10

Superstar

There is no way in hell we get number 1 or 2 unless its a miracle from God that were destined to get Oden or Durant which at this point I'd probably rather have Durant.

+Quote Post
ChWRoCk2
post Apr 8 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #11

6th Man

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Apr 8 2007, 05:27 PM) *
I believe, if I understand the lottery system, it's virtually impossible for the Bulls to wind up 4th or 5th.

At the Knicks current spot yeah we could get 5th, if they fall in standings well obviously theres a small chance they can get 4th then and so on.

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Apr 8 2007, 07:39 PM) *
There is no way in hell we get number 1 or 2 unless its a miracle from God that were destined to get Oden or Durant which at this point I'd probably rather have Durant.

No thank you.

Oden is an easy pick and if he was taken I still wouldn't want Durant, mind as well trade down and get a real need like a center or forward, like horford.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 8 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #12

Superstar

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 8 2007, 08:17 PM) *
At the Knicks current spot yeah we could get 5th, if they fall in standings well obviously theres a small chance they can get 4th then and so on.
No thank you.

Oden is an easy pick and if he was taken I still wouldn't want Durant, mind as well trade down and get a real need like a center or forward, like horford.

Are you joking? Kevin Durant is about as sure thing as it gets. He dominated EVERY single team Texas played against last year against some of the better teams. He is a premature version of Kevin Garnet/Dirk Nowitzki. When he gets into the NBA he is going to be a starter right from the get go. Obviously the reason you can go Oden is because we need a Big but Durant can play the 2/3/4 spot in the NBA If need be, he is that special. I myself am not sold totally on Greg Oden just yet as far as being a better pick than Durant.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Apr 8 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #13

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

[quote name='Balta1701-B' post='25191' date='Apr 8 2007, 05:27 PM']
[/quote]

Actually, we'd have no chance unless the Knicks are the 4th or 5th worst team. We only have a chance of 1-3. After those picks the picks are determined by record. I thought the first 5 picks were determined by the lottery but I guess it's just 3. They should change it to 5 so teams stop intentionally sucking it up.

ChWRoCk2

No thank you.

Oden is an easy pick and if he was taken I still wouldn't want Durant, mind as well trade down and get a real
need like a center or forward, like horford.
[/quote]

I've been asked by management on talkbulls not to voice my harsh comments. So i'll just let you know that my response to this post would have been one of those comments.

If we got Durant their is no way we should ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, trade him. Unless of course we got like 6 number 1's in return. If we got Durant we could trade Gordon and Deng for whatever else we need. Pau Gasol, KG, whatever. It wouldn't matter b/c we'd finally have a star player. A franchise tag. We could afford to trade Deng and Gordon if we got Durant b/c we'd still have Sefolosha to play SG and Durant will play SF. Tyrus can play PF/SF and we could get a big time PF in a trade for Gordon/Deng.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 9 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #14

All-Star

Member No.: 43

Durant doesn't fit a need, but we gotta keep the guy if we get him, he's too good. We'd have to deal Deng though, you don't need two all-star caliber SF's. He's nowhere near strong enough to play PF, you don't want him to get beat up defending NBA bigs and having it hurt his offensive effectiveness. He MIGHT be able to play 2-guard, but again, I wouldn't want to wear him out chasing guys like Kobe and Wade, and I'm also not sure if his ball-handling is good enough for that (at least not yet).

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Apr 9 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #15

Superstar

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 9 2007, 10:32 AM) *
Durant doesn't fit a need, but we gotta keep the guy if we get him, he's too good. We'd have to deal Deng though, you don't need two all-star caliber SF's. He's nowhere near strong enough to play PF, you don't want him to get beat up defending NBA bigs and having it hurt his offensive effectiveness. He MIGHT be able to play 2-guard, but again, I wouldn't want to wear him out chasing guys like Kobe and Wade, and I'm also not sure if his ball-handling is good enough for that (at least not yet).

Would you trade the #2 pick in the draft for say a Pau Gasol if that could be made practical and the Grizz wind up at 3-4?

The one thing about grabbing a Durant and dropping a Deng is that it would seem to me too much like we're taking another step backwards in order to move forwards someday. We've developed Deng and Gordon, we're developing TT, all to try to get better and better each year. We drop Deng, yes we may get a better future player in Durant, but I seriously doubt he'd be better next year.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:20 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home