> Hamilton injures foot against Philly, MRI scheduled
Balta1701-B
post Dec 2 2012, 06:35 AM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Link
Rip Hamilton injured his left foot in the third quarter of the Chicago Bulls' win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night and is scheduled to have an MRI on Sunday.

The injury occurred with just under three minutes left in the third quarter. Hamilton had to be helped off the floor by teammates Kirk Hinrich and Luol Deng and was putting no weight on the foot.

He went straight back to the locker room to be evaluated by the Bulls' medical staff, but ended up coming back into the game with 20.8 seconds left to shoot free throws. The veteran shooter knocked down 3 of 4 free throws in the final second to ice the game.

"I felt something pop," Hamilton admitted after the game.

After icing his foot in the locker room, Hamilton limped around as he finished getting dressed. After sitting out of 38 games last season because of various injuries, Hamilton was understandably worried about the diagnosis.

"Just the simple fact that there was nobody around," he said of the play in which the injury occurred. "They always say the worst injuries are when nobody's around and you didn't fall down on nobody's foot or anything like that so it's just one of them things that when it happened it scared me. When I felt it I didn't want to put no pressure on it, but it wasn't a whole lot of pain. That's why it was so freaky to me."

The Bulls listed Hamilton as having a left foot sprain, but Hamilton acknowledged that he didn't know exactly what the injury was.

"I don't know what it is," he said. "We don't know what it is until I get an MRI (Sunday)."

Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau put Hamilton back in the game late so that he could shoot free throws.

"When Rip came back, (trainer) Fred Tedeschi said we could use him if needed," Thibodeau said. "We needed him. I have not talked to them about the injury, we wanted him out there for the free throw situation."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:56 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home