IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> THE OFFSEASON: Predictions? Analysis?, forget Jazz trade, lets look big picture
sport1016
post Apr 21 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #1

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

THe Bulls have two needs as i see it that the Jazz could solve perfectly. They have two needs that we could solve perfectly.

Our needs:
-Low Post Scoring
-Not be undersized at SG, getting kirk in foul trouble
-Low Post Scoring

Their Needs:
-A SG. A pure scorer. Someone more dynamic than giricek, harpring, etc
-Two move one of ak47, Okur, or Boozer

It is well known that the Jazz want to move AK47 back to PF so he can block shots again and stop missing 17ft Js. So one of Boozer or Okur needs to go. They also need to make room for Millsap at the Pf spot as well. The Jazz can easily substitute at the 3 spot starting Harpring and coming in with Brewer and Giricek. (guess what, Ronnie Brewer, who we all wanted over sefolosha on draft day i remember, had a terrible year and still cant shoot for spiff)

So We send them our Knicks Pick (which they use on a new big or corey brewer) Ben Gordon, and as many 2nd rounders as they want.

We get either Okur or Boozer.

A fringe all star for another fringe all star plus a top ten pick, what a good deal for a jazz team that NEEDS to deal one of these two this summer. (Seriously, millsap makes when less $ and is awesome and needs minutes.)

This is perfect because now we start the best defensive backcourt in the league with Thabo and Kirk, as well as have an awesome froncourt with deng, wallace, and boozer/okur. We already know that Okur and Wallace play well together. Very well. Kirk will have tons less foul trouble and therefore he and Okur/boozer with thabo will more than make up for loosing Ben's scoring.

This is a championship 12 man roster
Hinrich/Duhon(maybe most reliable decision maker in bulls backcourt)
Thabo/Hinrich/Griffin/bonzi wells?????-maybe.....
Deng/Nocioni/Khryapa
Boozer or Okur/Tyrus/Nocioni
Wallace/Boozer or Okur/MLE free agent-like malik or someone better

This is amazing because...
Both boozer and Okur can play the 4 or 5, especially in the east, so both can play with either wallace (now) or tyrus (in the future).

No more rookies or fringe players to rely on for important things

Hinrich, thabo, nocioni, and deng (yes deng too) will pick up the slack when it comes to missing ben's threes.

I love ben. But i dont love his turn overs or his (lack of) height. Give me one of these guys and I'll survive.

I just wanted to add that Deron Williams has been guarding twos all year bc he's been starting alongside derek fisher, so doing it with Gordon would probably be no big deal for him.

This deal is good for everyone. It really is.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Apr 21 2007, 09:30 PM
Post #2

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 56

only would consider if we got Boozer, Okur isnt worth it.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Apr 21 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #3

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

The way I see it Pax has a flare for Dukies (Du and Lu) and for International Guys (Noc Thabo, Big Marty, Songalia bagaric whoops!), so what's not to love from where he's sitting?

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Apr 21 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #4

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

I'll pass. Gordon our pick and 2nd rounders. That's crazy. I know Boozer is good but he is also always injured.

I'll pass. I'm sure some team in the NBA could come up with a better trade then that.

I wouldn't mind trading Kirk and a couple 2nd rounders for him.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 21 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I love how Boozer plays but I'll take my chances with the draft unless its just gordon and for Boozer straight up then I'd do it.

+Quote Post
ChWRoCk2
post Apr 21 2007, 11:14 PM
Post #6

6th Man

Member No.: 41

Why does everyone want to get rid of Gordon, hes a big offensive player for this team.

Undersized at guard, well lets not give up on Thabo yet he had one heck of a game tonight and has some size on him, seems to be promising.

I think Ill pass, this is a strong draft and were bound to find a PF in either round 1 or 2 who fits our team's needs.

As far as Im concerned weve made the playoffs what 3 yrs straight now without a good offensive post player, Id rather stay put, but thats me.

+Quote Post
rangercal
post Apr 21 2007, 11:29 PM
Post #7

Bench

Member No.: 7

Okur? You have to be kidding. I'd rather keep Ben and the pick. Draft a big.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Apr 22 2007, 12:18 AM
Post #8

6th Man

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Apr 21 2007, 10:01 PM) *
So We send them our Knicks Pick (which they use on a new big or corey brewer) Ben Gordon, and as many 2nd rounders as they want.

Maybe for Gasol.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Apr 22 2007, 07:25 AM
Post #9

I'm fresh.

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Apr 21 2007, 10:23 PM) *
only would consider if we got Boozer, Okur isnt worth it.

Okur > Boozer

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post Apr 22 2007, 07:38 AM
Post #10

6th Man

Member No.: 214

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Apr 22 2007, 08:18 AM) *
Okur > Boozer

Gordon>Okur>Boozer

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Apr 22 2007, 08:15 AM
Post #11

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

Okur is not better than Boozer. Did you see Boozer dunking over Yao Ming at will last night. Boozer is a good post player but he's not worth the risk of what we'd have to give up for him.

+Quote Post
RME JICO
post Apr 22 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #12

Bench

Member No.: 14

I would rather the Bulls draft or acquire a FA PF at this point. It seems like they are one player away from dominating for several years. I would keep the core players and add a low post threat.

Don't mess with the chemistry of the team. Keep Hinrich, Deng, Gordon, Noc, Sefolsha, Thomas, and Wallace.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Apr 22 2007, 10:13 AM
Post #13

Bench

Member No.: 56

Okur can hit a 3 pointer, but you must be insane to think he is better than Boozer. I wouldnt do the trade regardless, but if we were to do a trade with the Jazz I want Boozer.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 22 2007, 03:33 PM
Post #14

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

Carlos Boozer is very injury prone and is making almost $12 mil a year with several years left on the deal. Even if we wanted to take on that contract, we no longer have the expiring deals to make it possible. Even Okur is making a little over $8 mil a year. The only ways we could make it work financially is by dealing Kirk or Wallace (neither of which are needed on Utah) or adding another player to a deal where we're already giving up a lot. Plus then we'd have the same problem Utah does, a pretty solid frontcourt without a legit 2-guard. You'd just be creating another hole without the cap space to fill it.

Also, depending on what happens in the draft we could end up with a pretty decent option without dealing a key piece or taking on a sizeable contract.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Apr 22 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #15

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

lets wait and see what happens... if the Bulls get bumped in the first round, sure shake things up. But right now things are looking good... between tyrus and the knicks pick we might be able to fill the void at PF... and if Thabo keeps putting together games like the one he had on saturday... maybe size at sg isn't really a need either...

PS if Utah sends anyone packing, I'm pretty sure it will be ak47.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:46 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home