Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Smith to be Traded to Denver, for Eisley and 2 2nd-Rounders
Giant Killer
post Jul 17 2006, 01:03 AM
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 110

Looks like JR's on his way to Denver, in what appears to be another salary dump. At least we get 2 2nd rounders out of it...

Before Griffin’s signing becomes official, the Bulls will send shooting guard J.R. Smith to Denver for two future second-round draft picks and the nonguaranteed contract of point guard Howard Eisley, who will then be released.

One potential delay is waiting for physicals to be completed in the trade with New Orleans. The Bulls acquired Smith from the Hornets, along with power forward P.J. Brown, in exchange for Tyson Chandler. They can’t unload Smith until that deal becomes official.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/bulls.asp
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jul 17 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #2

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

What!?!? What a waste! We might as well see what he can do under a new coach. Although, maybe they've already talked to him and don't like what they heard, so they're dumping him. I guess that could be the case.

I just think he's way more valuable than 2 second rounders.

+Quote Post
Giant Killer
post Jul 17 2006, 01:12 AM
Post #3

Rookie

Yeah I don't really like this move. I'd rather we give him a shot this year, at least in pre-season. He only makes about 1 mil so he's not expensive. If he continues to act like an ass then ship him out or waive him.

What use are we going to have for two 2nd round picks?

+Quote Post
TrueFan
post Jul 17 2006, 01:21 AM
Post #4

Draft Pick

Member No.: 217

QUOTE (Giant Killer @ Jul 17 2006, 02:05 AM) *
Yeah I don't really like this move. I'd rather we give him a shot this year, at least in pre-season. He only makes about 1 mil so he's not expensive. If he continues to act like an ass then ship him out or waive him.

What use are we going to have for two 2nd round picks?

Paxson has made a big bone head move. I don't understand such as rash move as this. Now we all we have to show for trades is maybe a little more cap room, an aging PF, and that scrub Griffin, and 2 future second round picks.... Denver scored big in this. Very Bad move. I am beginning to question his judgement.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 17 2006, 01:25 AM
Post #5

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (TrueFan @ Jul 17 2006, 02:14 AM) *
Paxson has made a big bone head move. I don't understand such as rash move as this. Now we all we have to show for trades is maybe a little more cap room, an aging PF, and that scrub Griffin, and 2 future second round picks.... Denver scored big in this. Very Bad move. I am beginning to question his judgement.

1st off, Welcome aboard! cheers.gif

2nd, I disagree. Although I don't see the purpose of the deal, it isn't enough to questions Pax's judgement IMO. He has th big picture in his head, and he is working bit by bit to fill the pieces of the puzzle. I'm going to wait until this is all official to judge because the exact terms of the deal are still unknown.

+Quote Post
Giant Killer
post Jul 17 2006, 01:31 AM
Post #6

Rookie

IMO Pax has yet to make a bad move, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I was never high on Smith and don't really think we have any use for him in our backcourt.

But I would still like to have given him a shot, especially since his salary is a bargain. I don't think we had much to lose.

I guess we can always use those 2nd rounders to move up in the draft like we did this year.

Well I guess no #23 for good 'ol JR on the Bulls. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Jul 17 2006, 01:47 AM
Post #7

Bench

Member No.: 56

This isnt an official report is it? If so its kind of a waste since no way are any 2nd rounders going to make this team with all the young guys on it already.

+Quote Post
Giant Killer
post Jul 17 2006, 01:53 AM
Post #8

Rookie

It's not official, it was in Mike McGraw's column. We know he like's to read various message boards and this rumor has been out there for a few days. It's also being reported by the Rocky Mountain News, so I beleive that it will happen.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Jul 17 2006, 02:08 AM
Post #9

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

so um tyson chandler (or elton Brandt if you want to go back that far) was turned into a 34 yr old pg and a 37year old pf and two 2nd round draft picks...

at least smith had potential...

... I think Pax been getting too much advice from his bro...

+Quote Post
Giant Killer
post Jul 17 2006, 02:12 AM
Post #10

Rookie

well that 37 yr old pg has a nonguaranteed contract so he will be released.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jul 17 2006, 06:48 AM
Post #11

All-Star

Member No.: 21

This was in today's Tribune as well, so it is about as official as you can get without the press confrence.

To be honest, this is a solid move for a team trying to win now.

I think that a few things are at work here... first of all they realized if JR Smith couldn't get along Byron Scott, there was no way in hell he was going to get along with Scott Skiles.

Secondly this whole developing team thing is OVER. Yeah we drafted Ty Thomas, but Sef comes out of Europes pro leagues and is pretty much a finished product. He'll have some adjustments to make to the NBA, but the guy sounds like he is already fairly polished.

Third, the Bulls are bringing in guys that have won, and dumping guys who have never won. They are loading up on guys with NBA finals experience as they really believe they can make a run NOW.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jul 17 2006, 08:26 AM
Post #12

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

I heard this during the morning commute. I don't really understand why you would do the trade except for the picks... Eisley is a scrub.

According to Rotoworld, we will then waive Eisley. Why trade Smith for picks??

The Bulls have acquired guard Howard Eisley and two second-round draft picks from the Nuggets in exchange for guard J.R. Smith.
The Bulls will reportedly then waive Eisley and it will be a week before he clears waivers. Once that happens, he shouldn't have a hard time finding a job as a third-string point guard somewhere. Jul. 17 - 9:46 am et

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 17 2006, 09:05 AM
Post #13

All-Star

Member No.: 3

Well I figured a wing player was going to have to go somewhere, but I thought we could have gotten more value. Its evident this is a salary move and maybe its a precursor to something else.

I was thinking we'd make this deal, keep Eisley, and than swing Duhon somewhere but it appears we'd just release Eisley so essentially we dealt Chandler for PJ Brown and 2 2nd round choices.

Obviously we didn't get the talent, but we got the money and that is something as much as a lot of fans may have a problem with it. We also got a vet leader that should help this team develop NOW.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 17 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #14

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (TrueFan @ Jul 17 2006, 12:14 AM) *

Just want to say welcome aboard. I would be the first to admit talent wise that this is a loss by the Bulls. However, if they weren't planning on playing him I'd rather we did this as opposed to letting him rot on the inactive list all year just before we finally released him to go to a contender (ie Tim Thomas).

We did just give up a guy with the talent to become good, but his attitude is lousy and when your trying to build a championship team with young players I think you have to be very careful as a GM because one bad apple can really rotten the bunch when it comes to younger players and John seems to be doing everything he can to make sure every guy here has high character and work ethic.

+Quote Post
RememberThe90's
post Jul 17 2006, 09:19 AM
Post #15

Bench

Member No.: 83

I hightly doubt Smith could play for Skiles anyways.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:57 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home