> PJ Brown wants out of Chicago
WHarris1
post Dec 16 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #1

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

Brown wants out of Chicago

Not surprising, he probably would have been dealt eventually anyway as his expiring contract is going to be hugely valuable in a later trade for a more valuable piece.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Dec 16 2006, 12:43 PM
Post #2

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Dec 16 2006, 10:24 AM) *
Brown wants out of Chicago

Not surprising, he probably would have been dealt eventually anyway as his expiring contract is going to be hugely valuable in a later trade for a more valuable piece.

I wish Brown the best. He seems to be saying good thinks and doesn't want this to be a distraction. He's a real pro and I realize he's probably frustrated since he rarely plays and just hasn't been able to settle into our system. He's also taken Tyrus into his corner and helped him and I think PJ is the type of guy that will take Tyrus call for help (when he does have questions) regardless whether he's a Bull much longer or not.

I think with Kryapa or Sweetney we could maybe get a serviceable guy for him. Heck, we could probably get Troy Murphy in a trade if Golden State wants to get rid of his contract as much as I'd assume they do (even they often times they deny it). That said I don't know if I'd be a big fan of getting Murphy or not, especially when I heard the words Marcus Camby smile.gif

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Dec 16 2006, 12:45 PM
Post #3

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 16 2006, 12:36 PM) *
I wish Brown the best. He seems to be saying good thinks and doesn't want this to be a distraction. He's a real pro and I realize he's probably frustrated since he rarely plays and just hasn't been able to settle into our system. He's also taken Tyrus into his corner and helped him and I think PJ is the type of guy that will take Tyrus call for help (when he does have questions) regardless whether he's a Bull much longer or not.

I think with Kryapa or Sweetney we could maybe get a serviceable guy for him. Heck, we could probably get Troy Murphy in a trade if Golden State wants to get rid of his contract as much as I'd assume they do (even they often times they deny it). That said I don't know if I'd be a big fan of getting Murphy or not, especially when I heard the words Marcus Camby smile.gif

IMO say no to Murphy. I don't want anything to do with his softness or contract.

That is the kind of contract that cripples you for a longggggg time.

+Quote Post
RememberThe90's
post Dec 16 2006, 05:09 PM
Post #4

Bench

Member No.: 83

PJ Brown is a litte beach. Stop complaining. You are not good anymore, that is why your playing time
is down.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Dec 16 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (RememberThe90 @ Dec 16 2006, 05:02 PM) *
PJ Brown is a litte beach. Stop complaining. You are not good anymore, that is why your playing time
is down.

Did PJ pee in your Cheerios? He's upste he's not playing. And it's not like he doesn't deserve to be in the NBA anymore or anything. He is still a quality player, he just isn't the type of player we need on this team.

+Quote Post
RememberThe90's
post Dec 16 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #6

Bench

Member No.: 83

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 16 2006, 06:42 PM) *
. He is still a quality player,

Not really.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Dec 16 2006, 07:54 PM
Post #7

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (RememberThe90 @ Dec 16 2006, 07:45 PM) *
Not really.

How quickly we forget the nights where PJ Brown was our only low-post option.

+Quote Post
RME JICO
post Dec 17 2006, 05:10 AM
Post #8

Bench

Member No.: 14

That is the problem with the Bulls right now. They are trying to make role players and some players don't want to move into certain roles. There are only so many slots to go around and the Bulls depth is going to affect some players.

The Bulls should use that depth and package some decent players for one elite player.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Dec 17 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #9

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Brown really hasn't fit into Chicago yet, and I don't blame him for not being happy. The problem is that we need four other scorers on the floor with Wallace, and brown isn't that player. Notice the Bulls got hot after he went to the bench?

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Dec 17 2006, 02:37 PM
Post #10

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 17 2006, 09:23 AM) *
Brown really hasn't fit into Chicago yet, and I don't blame him for not being happy. The problem is that we need four other scorers on the floor with Wallace, and brown isn't that player. Notice the Bulls got hot after he went to the bench?

Correlation does not necessarily imply causation. Notice how the Bulls got hot when Brown went to the bench, Gordon went to the bench, the Bulls got 2 games against the Knicks and started playing a lot against the East instead of the West, and the circus trip ended so the Bulls got back to the U.C.?

Anyway, yeah, the Bulls really ought to start thinking about packaging Khryapa, Brown, and maybe some other piece (draft pick, or Gordon, or Duhon) and trying to turn it into 1 more front line player. Too much depth, but could use one more top-of-the-rotation guy. And the Bulls are still 26th in total salary, so it's not like they don't have money to spend.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Dec 17 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #11

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Dec 17 2006, 02:30 PM) *
Correlation does not necessarily imply causation. Notice how the Bulls got hot when Brown went to the bench, Gordon went to the bench, the Bulls got 2 games against the Knicks and started playing a lot against the East instead of the West, and the circus trip ended so the Bulls got back to the U.C.?

Anyway, yeah, the Bulls really ought to start thinking about packaging Khryapa, Brown, and maybe some other piece (draft pick, or Gordon, or Duhon) and trying to turn it into 1 more front line player. Too much depth, but could use one more top-of-the-rotation guy. And the Bulls are still 26th in total salary, so it's not like they don't have money to spend.

I say just stand pat... and then hope that kentucky gets illiminated early and see if you can get morris in time for the play offs... bulls have the dough to spend huh.gif

+Quote Post
spencer958
post Dec 17 2006, 06:40 PM
Post #12

Rookie

Member No.: 299

He's had a few decent games, but never fit in. Hopefully they can get somebody good for him.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Dec 17 2006, 10:32 PM
Post #13

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Dec 17 2006, 03:03 AM) *
That is the problem with the Bulls right now. They are trying to make role players and some players don't want to move into certain roles. There are only so many slots to go around and the Bulls depth is going to affect some players.

The Bulls should use that depth and package some decent players for one elite player.

The key is our org has to be understanding of this and be willing to move guys that aren't happy. Hopefully before we move them we talk to them and tell them how the org feels but at the same time if the player still doesn't seem willing than you have to part ways with them. Sometimes it means you give up a potentially quality player, but in the long run it means you have guys willing to play as a team and more importantly you keep any negative clubhouse issues.

Its great that Gordon has kept a positive attitude but I do wonder if he will always be so willing to come off the bench (I guess he won't care if the Bulls promise to take care of him financially and do so, but if in his contract year he hasn't got any big extension my guess is he'll start clammoring to start so he can put himself in position to get a fat contract from someone) but eventually he may complain and thats why I've never been opposed to moving him for a legit starting 2 guard because I can't ever see Duhon complain (plus I think our whole org loves him and I think he likes our org and the team).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:57 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home