Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Play Aaron Gray!!!
Bullerwinkle
post Apr 21 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #1

10 Day Contract

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,935

I know he's slow but he's a big body and an EXCELLENT passer! The Bulls need to use him for 3-4 minute stretches. Vinny's come along nicely coaching but he's missing the boat not playing Gray at all!!!

Anybody hear me? bullssmilie1.jpg
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 21 2009, 07:57 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Member No.: 73

What good does he do? 6 fouls maybe. He's no longer in the rotation, its basically a 7 man 8 man rotation depending on wether Tim Thomas plays and in last nights case Lindsey Hunter and Linton Johnson had to come in because our guys were in foul trouble.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Apr 21 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Apr 21 2009, 06:57 PM) *
What good does he do? 6 fouls maybe. He's no longer in the rotation, its basically a 7 man 8 man rotation depending on wether Tim Thomas plays and in last nights case Lindsey Hunter and Linton Johnson had to come in because our guys were in foul trouble.

Frankly, with how that last game was going, sticking in another 7 foot body for 10 minutes couldn't have hurt, given that TT wasn't effective at all and we couldn't get a defensive rebound to save our lives.

I'd have taken him for 10 minutes to see if he'd have an impact in the last game. We played Lindsey Hunter for christ's sake.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Apr 21 2009, 10:14 PM
Post #4

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

thats the worst idea ive ever heard

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Apr 22 2009, 12:21 AM
Post #5

6th Man

Member No.: 61

Only to put Rondo about 4 rows into the bleachers on a drive would I consider it.

+Quote Post
Bullerwinkle
post Apr 22 2009, 08:44 AM
Post #6

10 Day Contract

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Apr 21 2009, 08:57 PM) *

Obviously you haven't seen Aaron Gray play! As for rotations...it's a nice way to approach a game but you adjust to what you need at the time. TO HECK WITH ROTATIONS WHEN YOU NEED TO WIN!!! You mentioned Lindsey going into the game...BUT...you don't mention the fact that his defense helped the Bulls get back in the game. Vinny realized that and played him more in the game. Same thing with Gray...use what he brings you and that's smart play, good passing, and rebounds.

Gray doesn't play much because Vinny wants to play an up tempo game but when you bring the guy in you play a half court game knowing what you have out there. Gray can definitely pass and score. Like you said, he's a big body but he 's also an excellent free throw shooter. Miller made some terrible turnovers in that game which cost the Bulls. Gray would have done better!!!

I think you play the guy for 3-4 minute stretches in the game as you need him. He's smart on the floor!!!

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post Apr 22 2009, 09:57 AM
Post #7

Bench

Member No.: 392

QUOTE (Bullerwinkle @ Apr 22 2009, 08:44 AM) *
Obviously you haven't seen Aaron Gray play! As for rotations...it's a nice way to approach a game but you adjust to what you need at the time. TO HECK WITH ROTATIONS WHEN YOU NEED TO WIN!!! You mentioned Lindsey going into the game...BUT...you don't mention the fact that his defense helped the Bulls get back in the game. Vinny realized that and played him more in the game. Same thing with Gray...use what he brings you and that's smart play, good passing, and rebounds.

Gray doesn't play much because Vinny wants to play an up tempo game but when you bring the guy in you play a half court game knowing what you have out there. Gray can definitely pass and score. Like you said, he's a big body but he 's also an excellent free throw shooter. Miller made some terrible turnovers in that game which cost the Bulls. Gray would have done better!!!

I think you play the guy for 3-4 minute stretches in the game as you need him. He's smart on the floor!!!

Aaron Gray would get eaten alive on the high screen and rolls Boston would use on him all game. Pass.

+Quote Post
Bullerwinkle
post Apr 22 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #8

10 Day Contract

QUOTE (Bullerwinkle @ Apr 22 2009, 09:44 AM) *

I think not. You let Gray handle the middle he doesn't have to go high on screen roll. You simply switch up. Besides, no ones saying start the guy I'm saying use him. He can pass better than anyone starting at center on the team and I bet if he would have been out there say 6-7 minutes during Monday's game the Celtics wouldn't have gotten all those offensive rebounds.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 24 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #9

Superstar

QUOTE (Bullerwinkle @ Apr 22 2009, 04:41 PM) *
I think not. You let Gray handle the middle he doesn't have to go high on screen roll. You simply switch up. Besides, no ones saying start the guy I'm saying use him. He can pass better than anyone starting at center on the team and I bet if he would have been out there say 6-7 minutes during Monday's game the Celtics wouldn't have gotten all those offensive rebounds.

+Quote Post
chilord
post Apr 26 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #10

Bench

Member No.: 182

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Apr 24 2009, 03:37 PM) *

Ain't fair. Gray can rebound a bit. Doesn't prevent Game 3 but could be valuable in Game 5. If nothing else, it's a curveball to the Celtics, who are thin at power forward and center.

GO BULLS!

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Apr 26 2009, 08:40 PM
Post #11

6th Man

Member No.: 781

i think we should play him just to harass perkins

i swear every time that guy gets called for a foul he looks like he's one step closer to combusting in into a fireball of rage

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 26 2009, 09:23 PM
Post #12

Superstar

QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Apr 26 2009, 09:40 PM) *
i think we should play him just to harass perkins

i swear every time that guy gets called for a foul he looks like he's one step closer to combusting in into a fireball of rage

All he does is wine. After the game today he said this game was nothing to them and they had all the experience blah blah blah.. Maybe he doesn't realize that he sucks and the reason the Celtics won a championship was because they had KG who's actually not playing in the playoffs this year.. The further a series goes the more physical it gets. 3 guys I'd like us to put on the ground are Rondo, Perkins, and Davis.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:27 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home