IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> kobe on the move?, where will he go...
72-10
post Oct 12 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 160

Buss said hes willing to field offers for Kobe. Any chance the bulls are taking a stab?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Oct 12 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

The Bulls have nothing that would satisfy the Lakers. The only way Kobe was going to be on the move at all was if Kobe held out and forced the Lakers to accept whatever the best offer for him was.

No team can/will offer a fair price for Kobe Bryant. They're not going to get Lebron, D-Wade, Amare, etc, because no team is going to just decide to swap stars for Kobe, and anything other than one of the top 5 players in the league is not a fair price for him unless he forces a deal. Especially since Kobe's contract goes up several million $ if he's traded.

Kobe Bryant will not be traded until he holds out. End of discussion.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Oct 12 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #3

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

NO MORE KOBE THREADS

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Oct 12 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #4

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Oct 12 2007, 11:31 AM) *
The Bulls have nothing that would satisfy the Lakers. The only way Kobe was going to be on the move at all was if Kobe held out and forced the Lakers to accept whatever the best offer for him was.

No team can/will offer a fair price for Kobe Bryant. They're not going to get Lebron, D-Wade, Amare, etc, because no team is going to just decide to swap stars for Kobe, and anything other than one of the top 5 players in the league is not a fair price for him unless he forces a deal. Especially since Kobe's contract goes up several million $ if he's traded.

Kobe Bryant will not be traded until he holds out. End of discussion.

I think you are underestimating the discord he is creating within the Lakers by crapping all over his teammates and the management. If the Lakers struggle this season, I could definitely see Buss ditching him for 50 cents on the dollar.... especially after 76ers proved that it is possible to survive post franchise player.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Oct 12 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #5

All-Star

Member No.: 21

The Bulls don't have a big dollar star on this team that would make a trade work. End of story.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Oct 12 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #6

I'm fresh.

NO MORE KOBE POSTS

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Oct 12 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #7

All-Star

Member No.: 21

I [heart] Kobe Bryant, we should trade for him.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Oct 12 2007, 12:45 PM
Post #8

I'm fresh.

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Oct 12 2007, 12:58 PM) *
I [heart] Kobe Bryant, we should trade for him.

comedy

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Oct 12 2007, 03:09 PM
Post #9

Superstar

Member No.: 73

If we got Kobe and got to keep Deng we'd be instant favorites to win the eastern conference finals.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Oct 12 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #10

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

NO MORE KOBE POSTS

agreed. its not happening.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Oct 12 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #11

6th Man

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Oct 12 2007, 11:31 AM) *
The Bulls have nothing that would satisfy the Lakers.

I don't agree with that at all Balta. Maybe with a ton of parts...the Laker could actually become a "team" again. For the past few year....it's all about Kobe...and that worries me that's what the Bulls would turn in to. I actually like the Bulls "team" right now. For as good as Kobe is....it's not worth pilaging the roster for him.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Oct 12 2007, 09:44 PM
Post #12

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 12 2007, 04:18 PM) *
If we got Kobe and got to keep Deng we'd be instant favorites to win the eastern conference finals.

Not true. If we got Kobe, kept Wallace, Deng, Gordon, & Hinrich then yes we would. But if we got Kobe and had to give up Wallace, Tyrus, & Gordon & Nocioni I'd say we wouldn't be better than the Celtics or the Pistons.

Last time I checked,

Deng
Kobe
Hinrich

wouldn't be better than

KG
Pierce
Allen

Not only that, but it takes time to build chemistry and adding the one man offense definately wouldn't bring chemistry.

I'm with Steve. I'm kind of tired hearing about this spiff. If we get Kobe we better not be favorites to win the East, it better be because we got him cheap and we are favorites and not only win this year but 3 peat before Kobe & Wallace both retire and leave our team with only Deng, and possibly Noah or Tyrus as the only youngsters still left to rebuild with.

I don't know about all of you but I sure don't want to go through another 8 year rebuilding plan. Kobe's old. He's only got a few good years left. If we kept the current team together, we could probably have a chance of winning for the next 8+ years if things go right and even longer if we get lucky with new young talent in the future.

+Quote Post
Clifton Pondexte...
post Oct 13 2007, 03:05 PM
Post #13

NBDL

Member No.: 184

I do agree the Lakers would want a star back for Kobe. I don't think the Bulls have that, but a 3 way might get it done. I have no scenerios however.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Oct 14 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #14

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Oct 12 2007, 10:53 PM) *
Not true. If we got Kobe, kept Wallace, Deng, Gordon, & Hinrich then yes we would. But if we got Kobe and had to give up Wallace, Tyrus, & Gordon & Nocioni I'd say we wouldn't be better than the Celtics or the Pistons.

Last time I checked,

Deng
Kobe
Hinrich
wouldn't be better than

KG
Pierce
Allen

Not only that, but it takes time to build chemistry and adding the one man offense definately wouldn't bring chemistry.

I'm with Steve. I'm kind of tired hearing about this spiff. If we get Kobe we better not be favorites to win the East, it better be because we got him cheap and we are favorites and not only win this year but 3 peat before Kobe & Wallace both retire and leave our team with only Deng, and possibly Noah or Tyrus as the only youngsters still left to rebuild with.

I don't know about all of you but I sure don't want to go through another 8 year rebuilding plan. Kobe's old. He's only got a few good years left. If we kept the current team together, we could probably have a chance of winning for the next 8+ years if things go right and even longer if we get lucky with new young talent in the future.

What do you mean "Last time you checked"? You actually checked to see which is better? Amazing

You forgot one thing, Kobe has the upper hand in any of the deals. He isn't going to come to a team that would be gutted. So if they trade him, its going to be for less than what you would expect.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Oct 15 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #15

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

There's no way I'd want to trade for Kobe unless we could keep Deng. But, I highly doubt that Lakers would go for that, so unless Kobe really forces their hand, nothing is gonna get done. An ideal trade would focus around Gordon, Nocioni, Noah or TT, and a couple 1st rounders.

Even though I'm loving both TT and Noah right now, I'd be extremely happy with a lineup of:
PG- Hinrich
SG- Kobe
SF- Deng
PF- Smith/TT or Noah
C- Wallace

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:16 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home