Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Predict the new guys' stats the rest of the year
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 23 2008, 12:15 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

Note: Woops I didn't mean to put "First" in the thread title, could somebody take that out please?

Hughes: 17 ppg 4 rpg 3 apg 2 spg

Gooden: 15 ppg 8 rpg

Brown: 4 ppg

Simmons 2 ppg 2 rpg

Sunday's Prediction:

Hughes 23 points 6 rebounds 5 assists 3 steals

Gooden 12 points 11 rebounds

Brown 3 points

Simmons 5 points 3 rebounds 1 block
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RME JICO
post Feb 23 2008, 01:22 PM
Post #2

Bench

Member No.: 14

Hughes: 13 ppg, 4 rpg, 3 apg, 1.5 spg

Gooden: 12 ppg 8 rpg

Brown: 6 ppg

Simmons 3 ppg, 3 rpg

I think the biggest statistical change will come from TT and Noah. They will benefit the most from the extra PT.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Feb 23 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #3

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

Hughes 17.5 ppg, 4.5 reb, 3.8 apg, 1.5 spg
Gooden 14 ppg, 8.9 reb, .7 bpg, .5 spg
Simmon 2ppg, 3.5 reb, .5 bpg (used sparingly as a 3rd string center) (He'll probably not play in most games)
Brown 1.2 ppg, .5 reb (very low minutes. less than 7mpg)(I don't even think he'll play in a majority of our remaining games unless someone gets injured)

I'll one up it and say that Gordon will still average at least 20 ppg, while Deng will average 18.5 ppg the rest of the year. Kirk's scoring will stay around 13 ppg or will go down to about 12. However, I think he should be able to get average at least one more apg and finally start averaging over 7.0 apg. (if we're lucky maybe even over 8.0 apg)

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Feb 24 2008, 12:59 PM
Post #4

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

I personally have a hard time seeing Hughes or Gooden score that many points. Hughes is part of a log-jam with 4 guards that are going to get heavy minutes and I don't know how much you're going to see Gordon and Hughes in the same lineup. Gooden will play more, but how many shots can he realistically get with two volume shooters in Gordon and Hughes, another scoring guard in Hinrich, and the team's best player in Deng getting shots? I would think not many. Nocioni, Thabo, Tyrus and Noah will chip in a few a game too. I would say both guys probably max out around 12 a game unless the rotations in the backcourt go a lot differently than I think they will, injuries strike, or the Bulls become a running team that puts up 110 a game.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Feb 24 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #5

Leading Scorer

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 24 2008, 01:08 PM) *
I personally have a hard time seeing Hughes or Gooden score that many points. Hughes is part of a log-jam with 4 guards that are going to get heavy minutes and I don't know how much you're going to see Gordon and Hughes in the same lineup. Gooden will play more, but how many shots can he realistically get with two volume shooters in Gordon and Hughes, another scoring guard in Hinrich, and the team's best player in Deng getting shots? I would think not many. Nocioni, Thabo, Tyrus and Noah will chip in a few a game too. I would say both guys probably max out around 12 a game unless the rotations in the backcourt go a lot differently than I think they will, injuries strike, or the Bulls become a running team that puts up 110 a game.

I think the Bulls will become a running team that consistently puts up 105 ppg or more. Anyway, since when is Kirk a high scoring guard? Kirk needs to get around 12 ppg and focus on making plays for others. If he does that we'll be a very dangerous team. As for a Hughes/Gordon backcourt, I think that will be our best combination in terms of being lethal offensively. I think we'll see that combination be very effective b/c defenses won't be able to double either of those players without the other getting open looks. Add Deng at the 3 Nocioni at the 4 and possibly Gooden at the 5 (or Tyrus or Noah) when you are playing an undersized team and you'll have a lethal offense that can hit the jumper, post up, slash, run the fast break. I just can't wait to see what type combinations we come up with.

As for the 17.5 ppg for Hughes you might be right but I can tell you for sure he'll average more than 12 and he'll be closer to 15 than 12. (meaning either 14, 15, or 16 a game if he doesn't get up to 17.5). As for Gooden, he should experience some type of increase in scoring. Whether he gets to 14 is another question but I think he can. A couple of years ago he averaged 14 ppg. I think as our primary scoring big man he has to average somewhere around 14 if not more to get open looks for the rest of the team.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Feb 24 2008, 06:58 PM
Post #6

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

I really don't see the math adding up, even if you assume a whopping 10 point increase in scoring...

Gordon/Hughes/Kirk- 46 (For argument's sake. That's 20/14/12, and that 12 is still around 4 under Kirk's averages of late)
Deng- 18
Gooden- 14

Equals 78, which doesn't count Thabo, Nocioni, Tyrus, Noah, or Duhon, or any of the low-minute guys. 27 points for the other 8 active players is kinda low, so someone's a bit high. That's most likely Hughes with Kirk and Gordon still likely playing 30+ and Thabo eating some of the other time in the backcourt as well, not to mention Duhon. He's not likely to get well over 30 minutes a game like every other year where he was well into the teens in scoring.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Feb 24 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #7

Leading Scorer

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 24 2008, 07:07 PM) *
I really don't see the math adding up, even if you assume a whopping 10 point increase in scoring...

Gordon/Hughes/Kirk- 46 (For argument's sake. That's 20/14/12, and that 12 is still around 4 under Kirk's averages of late)
Deng- 18
Gooden- 14

Equals 78, which doesn't count Thabo, Nocioni, Tyrus, Noah, or Duhon, or any of the low-minute guys. 27 points for the other 8 active players is kinda low, so someone's a bit high. That's most likely Hughes with Kirk and Gordon still likely playing 30+ and Thabo eating some of the other time in the backcourt as well, not to mention Duhon. He's not likely to get 35 minutes+ like every other year where he was well into the teens in scoring.

You might be right but I know one thing. Larry Hughes is the 2nd best scorer on the Bulls. Whether or not he gets the looks or the minutes is another question. But I think he will and I think he has a very good shot at being the 2nd highest scorer behind Gordon (possibly even the highest depending on his playing time). I know one thing for sure is that the 12.3 ppg he put up in Cleveland are a joke and he's far better than that. That's why they traded him. He'll play better for the Bulls. As for the other players scoring, we won't need Duhon or Thabo to play as much or score as much as they have this year. As for Tyrus and Noah, I don't expect double doubles every night. I think we'll be more effective if they both focus more on playing defense and on rebounding. Sure they both have double scoring nights but I don't think either needs to average 10+ for us to be effective. If Kirk averages 16 or so so be it. But I really just want him to focus on distributing the ball and hitting open 3's.

I really think Nocioni's average will be the one to suffer the most. He's been averaging 16 ppg but now that Deng is healthy and now that we have Hughes and Gooden, Nocioni will become the 4th or 5th option offensively. I see his scoring slipping to about 12 ppg or less but I hope he can do the same thing as Kirk and continue to give us a consistent outside threat the rest of the year. Hopefully, he'll continue to rebound the ball and take charges. His energy will always be needed and it will be nice to have someone like him off the bench. Our bench is going to be very strong now (with either Hughes or Gordon, Nocioni, Thabo, Tyrus, & Duhon coming off of it). That's almost like a starting 5 for the Bobcats.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 24 2008, 08:21 PM
Post #8

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Larry Hughes didn't play good in Cleveland because of their system. Alls they did was isolate Lebron James and let him create shots for the other guys. Larry Hughes is more fit for our system because we move the ball and have more of an open style of offense. IMO I really hope we can trade Gordon and Nocioni away in the offseason and get some draft picks or a potential star player.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:43 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home