IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Not a clue what Pax is thinkin..., But more food for thought...
Wanne
post Jun 24 2006, 07:11 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 61

When I read this...it was the first time a really thought hard about it being a distinct possibility:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Adam Morrison: Paxson had perspective on the NCAA scoring champ's perceived weakness—defense.

"It's not like he's a stiff athletically," Paxson said. "He moves around the floor real well. I wasn't the most gifted athletically. I figured out how to defend over 11 years in the NBA."

Morrison took a risk by working out here Monday with other highly rated small forwards—Gay from Connecticut and Rodney Carney from Memphis. It worked in his favor.

"I loved his comment—he said he knows he's going to be playing against the best of the best when he gets to the league so why not work out against the best in this draft," Paxson said. "That's about as good a comment as you can hear."

Moving from small forward to shooting guard could be in Morrison's future, Paxson said. He also seemed satisfied with Morrison's management of diabetes.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Pax took this guy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jun 24 2006, 07:14 PM
Post #2

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

I really never considered Morrison but right now I just have no clue wtf to think.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 24 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 24 2006, 07:04 PM)
When I read this...it was the first time a really thought hard about it being a distinct possibility:

Think about this for a second before you reply.. Why would we draft another Small Foward when we already have Luol Deng and Nocioni? Makes no sense and I could say with confidence that John Paxson will not draft Adam Morrison.

Everything that Pax has said about our needs is that we need a Bigman that can score in the low-post and a Big Shooting gaurd, also he said we need athletes. Morrison doesnt fill a real need.

Let me add that I would be very suprised to see us drafting anyone else other than Roy,Thomas,or Aldridge who seems to be the main focal points of the Bulls Draft. I too have no Idea what to think.

This post has been edited by Chicago Bulls Franchise: Jun 24 2006, 07:22 PM

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jun 24 2006, 07:20 PM
Post #4

6th Man

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 24 2006, 07:08 PM)
Think about this for a second before you reply.. Why would we draft another Small Foward when we already have Luol Deng and Nocioni? Makes no sense and I could say with confidence that John Paxson will not draft Adam Morrison.

Everything that Pax has said about our needs is that we need a Bigman that can score in the low-post and a Big Shooting gaurd, also he said we need athletes. Morrison doesnt fill a real need.

Because of this statement:

Moving from small forward to shooting guard could be in Morrison's future, Paxson said. He also seemed satisfied with Morrison's management of diabetes.

Plus I think Pax loves the fact that this kid is a gamer, a big-time shooter and a guy that's been counted on to make big buckets down the stretch. I absolutely think Pax would take him in a heartbeat...and he and Deng would see time at the 2.

It almost goes back to the days of the dynasty. Did the Bulls really need a true PG back then? You had MJ, Scottie, Toni, Harp...all those guys could bring the ball up the court. Why couldn't the same be said for the 2 spot now? If you have a guy like Kirk bringing the ball up...I think that'd be pretty sweet having Deng, Noc and Morrison out on the wings. Lot's of options.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 24 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 24 2006, 07:13 PM)
Because of this statement:

Plus I think Pax loves the fact that this kid is a gamer, a big-time shooter and a guy that's been counted on to make big buckets down the stretch. I absolutely think Pax would take him in a heartbeat...and he and Deng would see time at the 2.

It almost goes back to the days of the dynasty. Did the Bulls really need a true PG back then? You had MJ, Scottie, Toni, Harp...all those guys could bring the ball up the court. Why couldn't the same be said for the 2 spot now? If you have a guy like Kirk bringing the ball up...I think that'd be pretty sweet having Deng, Noc and Morrison out on the wings. Lot's of options.

Morrison isnt quick enough to play SG in the NBA and cant defend SG's sadly, end of story. Drinking.gif

It'd be interesting, and I truley trust Paxson if he does draft Morrison but I just think its highly improbable.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jun 24 2006, 07:27 PM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 24 2006, 07:18 PM)
Morrison isnt quick enough to play SG in the NBA and cant defend SG's sadly, end of story. Drinking.gif

It'd be interesting, and I truley trust Paxson if he does draft Morrison but I just think its highly improbable.

Yeah that ^^^^

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jun 24 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #7

6th Man

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 24 2006, 07:18 PM)

Yeah...neither was Pax.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jun 24 2006, 07:35 PM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 24 2006, 07:23 PM)
Yeah...neither was Pax.

The Bulls didnt draft John Paxson they just wanted him as a good role player throughout there Dynasty era.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jun 24 2006, 07:39 PM
Post #9

6th Man

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 24 2006, 07:28 PM)
The Bulls didnt draft John Paxson they just wanted him as a good role player throughout there Dynasty era.

I didn't say they did draft Pax...merely the fact he was a very important piece, played the 2 spot and wasn't the most athletic guy at that position.

My point I guess goes with the thinking that the Bulls rely a lot on "help" defense...so the immediate matchups of 2s sometimes gets overblown IMO...that's all. I think Morrison's other attributes outweigh his lack of natural athletic ability in what people perceive at automatic matchups.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jun 24 2006, 07:41 PM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 24 2006, 07:32 PM)
I didn't say they did draft Pax...merely the fact he was a very important piece, played the 2 spot and wasn't the most athletic guy at that position.

My point I guess goes with the thinking that the Bulls rely a lot on "help" defense...so the immediate matchups of 2s sometimes gets overblown IMO...that's all. I think Morrison's other attributes outweigh his lack of natural athletic ability in what people perceive at automatic matchups.

So who do you suppose is our Frontcourt then after wasting a pick on Morrison? Tyson isnt really ready to start again untill he proves he can catch a damn ball and score a little. We have no Center...

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jun 24 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #11

6th Man

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 24 2006, 07:34 PM)
So who do you suppose is our Frontcourt then after wasting a pick on Morrison? Tyson isnt really ready to start again untill he proves he can catch a damn ball and score a little. We have no Center...

Not that I'm big on any of these guys by any means...Pryz or Nazr...I think we'd be looking at guys like that along with having some discussions with Ben Wallace. Also...a better crop of big men come out next year. I'd rather have the best pick regardless of position now...and trust Pax to fill the holes. I guess that boils down to the fact I'm not all that certain Aldridge is the answer...maybe he is...maybe he isn't. I have faith that Pax will make the right choices.

I see what you're sayin' though Gladiator.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 26 2006, 08:57 AM
Post #12

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

Boy Pax is really playing with everyone's minds. Everybody in this draft is incredible and could possibly being going to the Bulls, while no one on his team is getting trading, and no players out there are as good as his guys...

A whole lotta gamesmanship going on right now...

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 26 2006, 10:42 AM
Post #13

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 26 2006, 08:50 AM)
Boy Pax is really playing with everyone's minds. Everybody in this draft is incredible and could possibly being going to the Bulls, while no one on his team is getting trading, and no players out there are as good as his guys...

A whole lotta gamesmanship going on right now...

This sudden abundance of Morrison talk is making me seriously doubt all the Tyrus Thomas stuff. It's weird that he'd talk about those two more than anyone else. Notice that he doesn't talk about Aldridge or Roy anywhere near as much, the two guys that make the most sense. I really think Pax is just trying to spread as much BS as possible.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 26 2006, 10:52 AM
Post #14

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Really I almost wonder if he is trying to talk someone into trading up for one of those guys... I think Pax really wants to get a stud veteran out of this off season, and he would rather get a guy who he knows can put up 20-10 a night vs a guy who might be able to put up 25-12 if he works out.

+Quote Post
Iguana
post Jun 26 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #15

Rookie

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 24 2006, 07:04 PM)

That settles it. Bulls are taking Morrison! lol.

cool.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:08 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home