Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Potential Playoff matchups
RME JICO
post Apr 1 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #1

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

The Bulls are currently in the #5 slot for the playoffs and the only other realistic position looks like the #2 if they overtake Cleveland.

Right now the #5 will play the Southeast Division winner (Washington/Miami) while the #2 plays the #7 (New Jersey/Orlando).

Who would you guys rather see the Bulls play?

Obviously the #2 would have home court advantage where the Bulls have dominated, but as of right now they are #5.

So the second question is, if they stay at #5, would you rather go to Washington or Miami?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Apr 1 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #2

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Apr 1 2007, 04:17 PM) *
The Bulls are currently in the #5 slot for the playoffs and the only other realistic position looks like the #2 if they overtake Cleveland.

Right now the #5 will play the Southeast Division winner (Washington/Miami) while the #2 plays the #7 (New Jersey/Orlando).

Who would you guys rather see the Bulls play?

Obviously the #2 would have home court advantage where the Bulls have dominated, but as of right now they are #5.

So the second question is, if they stay at #5, would you rather go to Washington or Miami?

Unless I misunderstand something. They changed around the rules this season so the team with the better record gets homefield regardless of seeding.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 1 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I don't want any part of the Magic, I want the Heat. I think they would be our easiest opponent because there old and overated.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 1 2007, 05:39 PM
Post #4

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Apr 1 2007, 05:09 PM) *
I don't want any part of the Magic, I want the Heat. I think they would be our easiest opponent because there old and overated.

They're also hot right now, beat us by 30 earlier this month, and suposedly Wade is going to start practicing soon.

Give me the Wizards. They don't play any defense at all and if you can slow down Arenas (or just let him shoot them out of the game, he'll probably do that twice if it goes 7) their offense takes a huge blow.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Apr 1 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #5

Skills Competitor

Celtics just stuck it to the Cavs. Bulls are only 1/2 back of the 2 seed.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Apr 1 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 1 2007, 05:49 PM) *
Celtics just stuck it to the Cavs. Bulls are only 1/2 back of the 2 seed.

If only Gordon could make his shot...

Anyway...much better job bouncing back on the backtoback by the Bulls than by the Cavs.

I think we should use this thread as a playoff opponent general thread, btw.

And I don't want to see either the Heat or the Raptors, because both scare me. Especially if D-Wade can come back. I wouldn't mind Washington, and I especially wouldn't mind the 2 seed.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Apr 2 2007, 04:09 AM
Post #7

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

caron butler just broke his hand, so i would say we arent gonna see washington if we're the 5 seed, either miami or toronto

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Apr 2 2007, 09:49 AM
Post #8

Skills Competitor

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Apr 1 2007, 07:58 PM) *
If only Gordon could make his shot...

Anyway...much better job bouncing back on the backtoback by the Bulls than by the Cavs.

I think we should use this thread as a playoff opponent general thread, btw.

And I don't want to see either the Heat or the Raptors, because both scare me. Especially if D-Wade can come back. I wouldn't mind Washington, and I especially wouldn't mind the 2 seed.

after Garbojosa and Bargnani went down, I'm not nearly as worried about the Raptors. I'm terrified of Miami however. Last thing I want to face in the playoffs is a Riley coached team.

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post Apr 2 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #9

Bench

Member No.: 392

give me the magic or whoever is in the seven seed. you have to think about it for the long haul as well. if you are the two seed, you stay away from detroit and the cavs until the eastern conference finals. If you are the five seed, even if you win you got the pistons waiting for you.

However, if we do end up with the five seed ill take the teams in this order 1. wizards, if they dont have butler i would gladly take this team. 2. raptors-another banged up team but i dont like bosh. 3. Heat-they are hot and wade practiced today. i know he wont be the same but still dont like him out there. If we do play the heat, i would like to play them in a later round after that senior citizen team is ready to break down.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Apr 2 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #10

Superstar

Member No.: 23

One good thing...if Nocioni comes back healthy soon...the Bulls seem like they'll be getting healthy and better (thanks to TT&T) just at the same time that a lot of other teams are getting banged up.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 2 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #11

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Whoever that goes into the season with the least confidence is who I want. But I'd stay away from the Nets because there three big guards will kill us and they always have. I wouldn't want the Magic but I think it'd be easier dealing with 1 solid frontcourt player rather than 3 big guards.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Apr 2 2007, 09:51 PM
Post #12

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

With no Caron Butler and with home court I'll take my chances against the Wizards.

I'll save a matchup against the Heat for a later round.

+Quote Post
RME JICO
post Apr 5 2007, 08:03 AM
Post #13

Bench

Member No.: 14

It looks like the Bulls will not be able to catch the Pistons even after last night's sweet victory. However, they are in position to take over the #2 slot from the Cavs since they own both tiebreakers vs the Cavs.

Here are the remaining schedules:

Bulls- 6 games remaining (0 back to backs):
vs NJ 35-39
at TOR 42-33
vs NY 31-43
vs CHA 30-46
at WAS 39-35
at NJ 35-39

Cavs- 7 games remaining (2 back to backs):
vs MIA 40-34
at WAS 39-35
at DET 48-27
vs NJ 35-39
vs ATL 27-48
at PHI 30-44
vs MIL 26-48

I would say the worst the Bulls will do in that stretch is 3-3, and they can definitely win all 6.

For Cleveland, these next 3 games are huge. They actually play 3 games in 4 days, in three different states. Also, since Sunday's game vs the Pistons is a day game, they will actually play 3 games in about 65 hours including travel.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Apr 5 2007, 08:10 AM
Post #14

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

I'd be incredibly disappointed if the Bulls don't make up 0.5 games on the Cavaliers from here on out.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Apr 5 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #15

Skills Competitor

No Arenas, no Butler... whoever faces the Wizards in the first round is real lucky.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:15 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home