Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The All Star Voting is a joke..
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 12 2008, 01:54 AM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

I mean seriously.. Derrick Rose is behind guys like Luke freaking Ridnour, and Jameer Nelson?? Not to mention two other really really good players Devin Harris, and Joe Johnson aren't even in the top 4! The one I laugh at the most is seeing Yi Jianlian ahead of Chris Bosh. That guy has no business being in an All Star game. What has he done?! Bosh is a top 5 player in this league yet he's behind somebody who nobody knows about other then the Chinease.. I hate how the voting works, Rose deserves to be there!

http://www.nba.com/2008/news/12/11/firstal...urns/index.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Dec 12 2008, 09:11 AM
Post #2

6th Man

Member No.: 781

Obviously Yi Jianlian has bloated votes, since everyone back in his home country voted for him

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 12 2008, 09:29 AM
Post #3

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Dec 12 2008, 09:11 AM) *
Obviously Yi Jianlian has bloated votes, since everyone back in his home country voted for him

Which is why the voting is F'd up!!! Even the fans in the US are stupid as hell. Do the 64,000 people who voted for Gilbert Arenas not know he hasn't played a game the entire year? Honestly, how dumb can you be?

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Dec 12 2008, 12:53 PM
Post #4

I'm fresh.

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 131

Well, fan voting should just be outlawed across all sports. That's no secret.

+Quote Post
ChWRoCk2
post Dec 12 2008, 11:31 PM
Post #5

6th Man

Member No.: 41

Problem is since the NBA All Star Game means nothing it really doesn't matter who gets selected as long as the fans favorite players make it. Its a popularity contest. Doesn't matter how good of a season your having as long as your noticed.

I know many people don't like the fact that the MLB All Star Game counts towards home field advantage but at the same time I don't complain with many of the selections and it seems to me deserving players get chosen.

I'd personally love to see the NBA use a homecourt advantage for the NBA, could make for some real exciting games and it might cause fans to choose players who deserve to go that would give their conference the best shot to win.

Thoughts?

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Dec 12 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #6

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

ridnour and yi are a joke. there is no way rose should be 8. i could care less if they stripped the fans of voting, as long as the right guys are getting in. its a joke in other sports too, but i think its worst in the nba. someone is always going to get left out but its crazy how many deserving guys dont get to go. it should be:
1.wade
2. AI
3. carter (all 3 are always going to be there)
4.rose
5. harris
6. rondo
7. allen
8. johnson

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:38 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home