Reply to this topicStart new topic
> check this draft out, Roy, Sene
bulls91
post May 28 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 70

with the first pick we get Brandon Roy out of Washington-it will help with our tall guard issue and driving to that basket to get teams in foul trouble.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=343
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/brandonroy.asp

with the bulls second pick in the first round pick from international- it would be a good offensive player and a diffencive player with a post game and a jump shot.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1314

What do you think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post May 28 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #2

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

I seriously doubt that we will take Roy at #2. Unless the guard is really something special (and it's debatable at best in Roy's case), teams generally don't pass on big guys, especially with the Bulls' needs in that area right now.

Sene is a maybe for the second pick, but right now it would be considered a little bit of a reach. He is VERY raw.

+Quote Post
Guest_B-4-Bulls_*
post May 28 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #3

Guests

In a word, NO

+Quote Post
JPargo
post May 28 2006, 09:49 PM
Post #4

12th Man

Group: Banned
Member No.: 97

QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ May 28 2006, 08:14 PM)
In a word, NO

Your sig has way to much stuff goin on in it.... anyways
I happy with drafting Sene with our 16th pick. I think Pax will draft a big man with the 2nd pick tho. He might want to see if Basden ever comes around.

+Quote Post
beck72
post May 29 2006, 06:15 AM
Post #5

12th Man

Member No.: 62

This part from Draft Express best explains what Roy can bring. And watching him take over games vs the Illini and UConn [in which he was clearly the best player on the court with Gay and Williams playing--two top 7 picks, in which he guarded them man to man and they couldn't get shots off] with his offense and defense, I'm convinced.

"On offense, we see a player that can do almost everything. Whether it is handling the ball, creating for teammates, creating his own shot, or hitting the perimeter J, Roy is capable.

On defense, we see this same versatility. Roy has guarded four positions very effectively throughout his career, and is just as comfortable checking a point guard as he is a wing. His most notable defensive exploit this season was probably locking up UCLA PG Jordan Farmar, forcing the sophomore into one of his worst games of the season (2-13 shooting, 7 TO’s).

In the end, Brandon Roy is such an effective player because there really aren’t any weaknesses in his game. While he is certainly the go-to scorer for Lorenzo Romar this season, he is just as comfortable blending in and getting his teammates open looks. Roy hasn’t taken 20 shots in a game since December, and has only passed that mark twice all season. Roy is a physical rebounder (nearly 6 per game), an on-court leader, and an efficient shooter (50% from the floor, 80% from the line)."

In the end, the bulls should go for Roy with the #2. His game is the one that best compliments the other core Bulls. He'll help the offense as well as the defense [esp. as it helps keep Kirk fresh on defense].

A big like Aldridge or Thomas would be strictly for defense for the next few yrs. The Bulls can get a defensive big with the #16 pick. Sene may be a reach. Yet there will be a few guys to choose from

+Quote Post
ldf
post May 30 2006, 02:41 AM
Post #6

NBDL

Member No.: 128

is getting a very talented guard better than getting pf. i am going on the assumption that aldridge is gone, i would take roy in a heartbeat. there are option for the center/pf in the fa list, but it is a rare you can pick up a very good guard.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post May 30 2006, 10:05 AM
Post #7

All-Star

Member No.: 21

I could see the Bulls drafting Roy, but only if they do something to get a big man ahead of time.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post May 30 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #8

All-Star

Member No.: 43

We can't pass on one of the big guys to take a guard with our current roster, especially since Roy isn't too likely to start. That is way too big a need to ignore. Roy is a fairly solid player, and I'd take him at #4 if all the big guys were gone, but #2 is a bit of a reach. Roy is a guy that will probably be a fairly solid player in the pros, maybe somewhere along the lines of Ginobili. However, I just don't see that as enough to pass on several big men with potential. Those are in much shorter supply, and if you can grab someone like Raja Bell or Trenton Hassell (not saying those two in particular, just examples) in a future FA class, or Maurice Ager in the draft, I don't think you're losing all that much.

On another note, Roy isn't entirely a player without weaknesses. He is only a passable shooter who probably won't be able to hit an NBA 3 with consistency, and he's only a slightly above average athlete for the NBA, not the physical freak like a couple of other players. That could conceivably hurt his driving ability and his defense. He's still an above average player, but he's probably not a future #1 or #2 option on a good team. The Bulls already have a lot of players that fit that role.

+Quote Post
bullkirk
post May 30 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #9

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 149

Pax wont draft Roy,Sene?Maybe...we wil draft tyrus

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post May 31 2006, 07:00 PM
Post #10

6th Man

Member No.: 65

It would be a travesty if we took roy at number 2. Pax has shown he is way too intelligent to make that move.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post May 31 2006, 08:12 PM
Post #11

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

The bulls are looking to get older and are unlikely to take on projects. We do not need a guard at #2, as much as i don't want tyrus and i am worried that bargs is going to be a tskitishlivi (sp?).

Brandon roy could end up being a ginobili, but he could also turn out to be mopete. As Deng develops a better shot, our backcourt can afford to risk adding something with the #16 pick, we need to go big or go home.

Aldridge or trade!

+Quote Post
bulls91
post May 31 2006, 08:51 PM
Post #12

6th Man

QUOTE (ldf @ May 30 2006, 02:34 AM)
is getting a very talented guard better than getting pf. i am going on the assumption that aldridge is gone, i would take roy in a heartbeat. there are option for the center/pf in the fa list, but it is a rare you can pick up a very good guard.

yea this is if the raptors take aldridge like i think that they will because there best player does not like Barg's

+Quote Post
bulls91
post May 31 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #13

6th Man

QUOTE (bullkirk @ May 30 2006, 01:22 PM)
Pax wont draft Roy,Sene?Maybe...we wil draft tyrus

we have a F'in tyrus on our team already NO! NO! NO! banghead.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:45 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home