Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First Bulls that needs to be traded!, My vote is for Kirk
patman1868
post May 11 2007, 09:58 AM
Post #16

Draft Pick

Group: Members
Member No.: 716

I dont see why the bulls would trade Hinrich when Gordon is a much better person to offload. When Gordon does not score he is basically useless on the floor. He does not play any defense at all, and does not make real good choices with the ball, and he forces a lot bad shots. Gordon would also probably draw more interests from teams than Hinrich. I would try to package maybe like Gordon/ Nocioni and possibly the first rounder and see what the can get.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
scareybullsfan
post May 11 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #17

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 68

QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 11 2007, 08:29 AM) *
Why don't you post an opinion of why I'm wrong instead of this bullshit post. I love when people try and say your wrong but don't have anything good to say to back it up. Let me guess! You love George Bush for that same reason.

Take your 28 posts and come up with something better. Something that takes a little more thought. I'm being realistic. The Bulls need changes. If they don't have a star they need a better PG to create shots. It's that simple. You can try and avoid it and disagree with the players I think will improve the Bulls but don't post BS like this.

Wow.

You try to insult me about liking George Bush, then take a shot at me because I only have 28 posts. I really don't have to tell you why you're wrong when you're trying to win arguements that way. But I will anyway...

Conley is an unproven commodity. I agree that he will probably become a very good point guard, but he's shorter then Hinrich and we don't know for sure how well he really will do. I would wager that he will not contribute a lot next year at least. Heck, Jay Williams was supposed to be a phenom and he had a very mediocre first year. The Bulls are taking a step back next year if they were to replace Hinrich.

You're not even looking at the problem. It's quite obvious that the Bulls need a big man that can draw double teams. Trading Hinrich is not going to bring in that type of guy. If you're trading away anything more then Hinrich then you are completely revamping the team which a 49 win team should not be doing (especially one so young).

To me, trading Hinrich and drafting Conley is making a move just to make a move. It doesn't make any sense and actually puts the Bulls in a hole for next year.

If they can't find a way to aquire the big man they need, then they have to chose from three options.

1. Draft and develop a young post player. There's plenty of them in this draft and the Bulls should be able to secure at least one.
2. Wait on Kevin Garnett. You know if the Bulls clear some cap space, Kevin Garnett will be salivating to join a team of such talented parimeter players in his previous home town.
3. Both 1. and 2.

I know you want instant gratification, but grow up and think about what's best for the team. Conley will not even provide that instant gratification. Plugging the little holes rather then the big gaping holes is not what's best for this team.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 11 2007, 10:34 AM
Post #18

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

Now that's the type of post you should have come with the first time.

I know drafting Conley might set us back a year but I really don't think this team is going to win a title in the next couple of seasons the way it is currently constructed. Kirk is going to be making too much. Unless we get a #1, 2 pick we're not going to get the all-star or post player (if not top 3) we are looking for unless Yi really does drop and proves to be worth it.

A big man that demands a double is a pretty great big man. I don't think there are many of those in this draft. Oden for sure but who else is a for sure big man that is going to require a double team and create more open looks for his team?

I like Conley and he's going to be a stud unless he gets hurt like Jay Wil! Conley really knows how to control tempo and find the open man. Plus he proved in the tourney that he can drive and create his own offense. He's only going to get better. The problem I have with Kirk is I really don't see him getting better. He's been with the team for 4 years and I haven't seen much improvement w/ the exception of his shooting %. I know Conley's shorter and that's why I think Gordon would need to go as well. Everyone already agrees that Gordon doesn't play defense so why not make Thabo our SG and trade Kirk and Gordon for something big. Again, you only trade the 2 if you can bring in all-star talent. Maybe Amare, Jefferson or Tmac. Something like that. I'm not talking about having a fire sale for second round picks and some scrubs.

There comes a point when a young team reaches its potential. The Bulls aren't there yet but it's obvious that Deng is your best young talent. Gordon's good and is improving as well but Deng is probably the piece that you need to build around. Deng's game is better suited to having a PF and a great PG that can score and create more open looks for him. Kirk's not a great PG that's all I'm saying. If we really want to keep Kirk we need to find a true PG and switch Kirk to SG and move Gordon to the bench or to another team.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post May 11 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #19

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (scareybullsfan @ May 11 2007, 09:12 AM) *
1. Draft and develop a young post player. There's plenty of them in this draft and the Bulls should be able to secure at least one.
2. Wait on Kevin Garnett. You know if the Bulls clear some cap space, Kevin Garnett will be salivating to join a team of such talented parimeter players in his previous home town.
3. Both 1. and 2.

I really don't see any possible way that the Bulls can get Kevin Garnett as a Free Agent. KG's opt-out is after the 2007-2008 season. In other words, we'd need cap space next year, and we simply won't have that. Deng and Gordon would have to be RFA's who were unsigned and the cap would have to go up a lot for that to happen.

On the other hand, a trade for Garnett is still a possibility. The problem though is that the Bulls need something to match salaries. The one nice thing the Bulls may be able to use is the contract of say, a Kirk Hinrich. If the Bulls wanted to go after any big-salary guy, like a Garnett, Gasol, etc., right now, they would have to include either Hinrich or Wallace in order to match the salaries. Either that, or a sign-and-trade with another of our guys. In that case, drafting a Conley would make sense, if he fell. I still don't see Conley lasting until our pick though.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post May 11 2007, 10:37 AM
Post #20

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 11 2007, 01:09 AM) *
As for Conley, you underestimate what he's going to do in the league. He's going to set the league on fire if not his first year then his second year like Deron or for sure in his 3rd. Either way, he's going to be way better than Kirk in the long run and for me that is enough to start making bold changes. However, if we get him I think both Kirk and Gordon have to go b/c if a Kirk/Gordon backcourt is too small Gordon/Conley will make them look like giants. We need to trade Kirk/BG to get a great SG or a great PF. That means T-mac or KG or someone like Al Jefferson/& and expiring contract. .

Conley threw up better numbers as a freshman then Williams did. He shot 52%. His outside shot isn't there but he's a pass first PG and a damn good one at that. 6.1 assists to only 2.2 turnovers. 2.2 steals per game. All as a freshman. Those are some rediculous stats. What did Kirk average? Kirk had a better sophmore season then he did Junior or Senior in terms of distributing the ball. His soph year he averaged 6.9 assits, his junior year 5.02 and his senior year 3.5. Did they realize something then that the Bulls haven't. That he's not a real PG and he should be playing SG?

Get the trade done Paxson. We'll still have Thabo at SG/PG and Duhon at PG. With a year of work in the offseason, Thabo should be much improved. We might need to add a good 3 point shooter off the bench but I'm sure we could find one if we look hard enough.

I really don't think I am, I watched OSU play about as much as any team in the league. Does he have the potential to be a very PG? Sure. But he's not as good as guys like Chris Paul or Deron Williams when they were coming out. His jumper isn't even close to where those two were, and I wasn't as impressed with his passing as those guys either. He looks like more of a Tony Parker style PG than an assist-machine like some of these other guys, his biggest strength was his scoring ability on the drive (which as I mentioned will be tougher to do in the NBA). Like most point guards (Nash and Billups are just a few), he'll likely need some time, especially coming in after only one college season. Having Greg Oden catching your lobs tends to make your distributing easier, as well as several capable spot up shooters. I also find it quite funny that you're gushing over those assist/turnover ratios when that's almost EXACTLY what Kirk does IN THE NBA.

The assists dropped because the makeup of the Kanas roster changed dramatically, it has nothing to do with Kirk's abilities. Early in his career they were a loaded team, they had Gooden and Collison up front and Jeff Bochee as the other guard to handle more of the scoring load. Later in his career there Kirk and Collison were the only good scorers and the other starters were Aaron Miles (more defense/distributing guard that couldn't score much), Michael Lee (another defensive guy), and a still developing Waybe Simien (who also got hurt in 2003 and missed most of the year, forcing them to play more scrub-like players). He couldn't afford to be a pass-first guard with that roster, otherwise they'd have scored about 40 points per game.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 11 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #21

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

I wasn't excited about the assist to turnover ratio I just was proving a point that even though he is only a freshman he already knows how to take care of the ball and distribute. He jumper needs a lot of improvement but he still shot 51% from the field. I'll take that until his jumper comes around.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post May 11 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #22

All-Star

QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 11 2007, 09:29 AM) *
Why don't you post an opinion of why I'm wrong instead of this bullshit post. I love when people try and say your wrong but don't have anything good to say to back it up. Let me guess! You love George Bush for that same reason.

Take your 28 posts and come up with something better. Something that takes a little more thought. I'm being realistic. The Bulls need changes. If they don't have a star they need a better PG to create shots. It's that simple. You can try and avoid it and disagree with the players I think will improve the Bulls but don't post BS like this.

No, they still need a big man regardless. You can put Steve Nash at the point and they still won't have a title, as the Two-Time MVP has proven several times on good rosters in Dallas and Phoenix.

An elite PG helps, but is not a pre-requisite. Here's a fun little experiment: What do the following players have in common: Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Deron Williams, Chris Paul, John Stockton?

It's a rather simple answer: they have ZERO rings between them (It's a little unfair to include Williams and Paul, but they're not even close to winning one, so tough luck.). Billups and Parker are the only even remotely close to elite point guards that have one in the last 15 years or so, and they had the two Wallaces and Duncan on their teams.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post May 11 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #23

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 11 2007, 11:36 AM) *
No, they still need a big man regardless. You can put Steve Nash at the point and they still won't have a title, as the Two-Time MVP has proven several times on good rosters in Dallas and Phoenix.

An elite PG helps, but is not a pre-requisite. Here's a fun little experiment: What do the following players have in common: Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Deron Williams, Chris Paul, John Stockton?

It's a rather simple answer: they have ZERO rings between them (It's a little unfair to include Williams and Paul, but they're not even close to winning one, so tough luck.). Billups and Parker are the only even remotely close to elite point guards that have one in the last 15 years or so, and they had the two Wallaces and Duncan on their teams.

Um are you watching the western playoffs... Willilams is about as close to winning one as anyone.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post May 11 2007, 02:18 PM
Post #24

6th Man

Member No.: 781

I would actually be in favor of getting rid of Duhon... doubt anyone wants him though.

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post May 11 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #25

Bench

Member No.: 392

Im not in favor of panicking and blowing this thing up. Having said that......a Gordon and Noc trade for Pau Gasol and then a draft pick of Mike Conley would be hard to pass up:

PG/SG Mike Conley
SG Kirk Hinrich
SF Loul Deng
PF Pau Gasol
C Ben Wallace

Bench:
Thabo Sefolosha
Tyrus Thomas
Chris Duhon
etc. etc.

That is pretty nice but I still like our current team. They are only going to get better.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 11 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #26

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 11 2007, 11:30 AM) *
I really don't think I am, I watched OSU play about as much as any team in the league. Does he have the potential to be a very PG? Sure. But he's not as good as guys like Chris Paul or Deron Williams when they were coming out. His jumper isn't even close to where those two were, and I wasn't as impressed with his passing as those guys either. He looks like more of a Tony Parker style PG than an assist-machine like some of these other guys, his biggest strength was his scoring ability on the drive (which as I mentioned will be tougher to do in the NBA). Like most point guards (Nash and Billups are just a few), he'll likely need some time, especially coming in after only one college season. Having Greg Oden catching your lobs tends to make your distributing easier, as well as several capable spot up shooters. I also find it quite funny that you're gushing over those assist/turnover ratios when that's almost EXACTLY what Kirk does IN THE NBA.

The assists dropped because the makeup of the Kanas roster changed dramatically, it has nothing to do with Kirk's abilities. Early in his career they were a loaded team, they had Gooden and Collison up front and Jeff Bochee as the other guard to handle more of the scoring load. Later in his career there Kirk and Collison were the only good scorers and the other starters were Aaron Miles (more defense/distributing guard that couldn't score much), Michael Lee (another defensive guy), and a still developing Waybe Simien (who also got hurt in 2003 and missed most of the year, forcing them to play more scrub-like players). He couldn't afford to be a pass-first guard with that roster, otherwise they'd have scored about 40 points per game.

I'll take Tony Parkerish over Kirk Hinrich smile.gif

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post May 11 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #27

All-Star

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ May 11 2007, 01:14 PM) *
Um are you watching the western playoffs... Willilams is about as close to winning one as anyone.

Utah has a very slim chance of getting by the winner of the Suns/Spurs series, and then there's probably Detroit to deal with in the Finals, who looks about as good as anyone. Plus most of those solid teams out west aren't going to get much worse.

In order to have a real shot, they need to figure out what to do with their quartet of frontcourt players (Boozer/Okur/Kirilenko/Millsap). Probably one of them needs to go, and they need to add a scoring wing that can hit the three. Kirilenko probably makes the most sense.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post May 11 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #28

All-Star

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 11 2007, 04:47 PM) *
I'll take Tony Parkerish over Kirk Hinrich smile.gif

I don't really see a POSSIBLE Tony Parker in 2 years as all that big an upgrade, especially since I used that as more of a style comparison. I don't see Conley being quite that effective a scorer, he doesn't seem to want to force the issue enough. He'll likely be better in the passing lanes and be a bit more effective as a passer, but I don't expect 18+ points per game with that insane field goal percentage in his future (more like 12, or maybe 16 if the percentage drops a bit).

You still likely wouldn't have the true pass-first point guard that is going to rack up 8+ assists regularly, and Parker would look a lot less sexy (on the court I mean, I don't swing that way biggrin.gif ) if he was playing on a team that didn't have Duncan. The improved shooting percentage would definitely be nice (assuming Conley can keep it up in the pros, no guarantee there), but I don't see the differential in the win column being more than a handful of games. In the grand scheme of things I don't really see that being worth setting the team back a couple of years. I wouldn't be aversed to drafting him if the good big men are gone, but we'd need to groom him for a few years before turning over the reigns.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post May 13 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #29

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Sanitarium @ May 11 2007, 01:11 PM) *
I would actually be in favor of getting rid of Duhon... doubt anyone wants him though.

I think there would probably be some serious demand for Mr. Duhon if he could stay healthy and he was put on the market. He's not going to net you a top of the NBA player, but I would say his name has come up in trade discussions for years for a reason; he doesn't have to be a great point guard to be a major asset to some teams. Just cut down on their turnovers and play good defense.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post May 13 2007, 09:59 AM
Post #30

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 11 2007, 11:40 PM) *
Utah has a very slim chance of getting by the winner of the Suns/Spurs series, and then there's probably Detroit to deal with in the Finals, who looks about as good as anyone. Plus most of those solid teams out west aren't going to get much worse.

In order to have a real shot, they need to figure out what to do with their quartet of frontcourt players (Boozer/Okur/Kirilenko/Millsap). Probably one of them needs to go, and they need to add a scoring wing that can hit the three. Kirilenko probably makes the most sense.

better just cancel the playoffs and crown the spurs then, :roll

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 01:19 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home