Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tyrus Thomas to the Bulls
Bullies4Life
post Jun 3 2006, 08:44 AM
Post #1

Starter

Group: Members
Member No.: 118

Tyrus's camp is saying that the Bulls WILL take Thomas w/ the second pick. Any1 buying it?

-Also, thomas will not work out w/ other teams besides the top 3.
-Also, TT will not work out w/ other people. He wants individual workouts only. huh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RememberThe90's
post Jun 3 2006, 09:20 AM
Post #2

Bench

Member No.: 83

bad pick for the Bulls.

his offensive game is raw.

+Quote Post
bschmaranz
post Jun 3 2006, 09:30 AM
Post #3

Bench

Member No.: 59

If he is refusing the work out for any teams outside of the 3rd pick, that's a pretty good indication.

Supposed promises to Tyrus and Douby, mad.gif

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Jun 3 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #4

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jun 3 2006, 08:37 AM)
Tyrus's camp is saying that the Bulls WILL take Thomas w/ the second pick. Any1 buying it?

-Also, thomas will not work out w/ other teams besides the top 3.
-Also, TT will not work out w/ other people. He wants individual workouts only. huh.gif

that tels that he is selfish and he will not be a good player on this team because we all share the ball and he will want to have the ball all the ime from what he is saying.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jun 3 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #5

Guests

Thats great news! I would be thrilled to have Tyrus on our team. Would most likely become our Main rebounder in a few years and kind of our own version of Shawn Marion as he develops without the 3pt shot.

+Quote Post
bullkirk
post Jun 3 2006, 01:13 PM
Post #6

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 149

headbang.gif headbang.gif Yes Tyrus in Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!Sofdridge to the rubish!!!!!! headbang.gif

+Quote Post
JPargo
post Jun 3 2006, 02:22 PM
Post #7

12th Man

Group: Banned
Member No.: 97

Even if Toronto takes Lamarcus, I bet we take Baragnani. I think we can find a better big man than tyrus at the 16th pick.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jun 3 2006, 02:57 PM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE (JPargo @ Jun 3 2006, 02:15 PM)
Even if Toronto takes Lamarcus, I bet we take Baragnani. I think we can find a better big man than tyrus at the 16th pick.

No if Aldridge is gone It would be an easy decision to take Ty Thomas with our pick because Bargnani isnt a Pax type player. And over the course of the years Pax has set a standard on why he drafts certain players.

1) Comes from a winning program Ex-Hinrich,Du,Gordon,Deng

I would venture to say that we do not draft bargnani and I would say that with 100% confidence. Its either Aldridge or Ty Thomas. The only other option is trade IMO.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 3 2006, 03:28 PM
Post #9

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

Why is a shawn marion type something to be happy about?

We need a power forward or a center, right? Last time i checked marion plays the wing.

Can someone please tell me what tyrus' offensive potential is like? I mean, garnett and jermaine oneal both came into the league and didn't really have a post game yet but had potential that developed in their second and third years.

Can tyrus really do that? Can he really be a physical power forward? OR are we gonna force him to play bigger than he is?

Can he REALLY play with chandler? SERIOUSLY, someone who has seen him more than I, does he COMPLEMENT him or DUPLICATE him. You need the offense and defense balance like chandler and curry or ben and rasheed or randolph and pryzbilla or.......you get the point.

A contender needs balance. Having just O or just D doesn't do us any good. Even if tyrus could be a better defensive big man than chandler we have already paid tyson and he's our defensive big man for the forseable future.

Someone answer these questions about tyrus for me...........please

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 3 2006, 03:46 PM
Post #10

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Not sure how much I buy the report to start this thread. If nothing else, Fox News is reporting that his agent is saying Thomas will work out for the top 4 teams, and maybe more, suggesting to me that there may be something flawed with the first post.

Tyrus Thomas has held one private workout for an unnamed team and has another, according to sources, scheduled for the middle of the month with the Chicago Bulls.

The athletic forward, who opted to leave LSU after playing just one season (he redshirted his freshman year), is considered by most NBA executives as a top five pick in the June 28 NBA draft.

According to Thomas' agent, Brian Elfus of ESM Sports, he has been working out at Disney's Wide World of Sports for the past three weeks under the tutelage of a strength and conditioning coach and also NBA player and former LSU standout Randy Livingston — another one of ESM's clients.

Elfus did not rule out Thomas working out for more teams after a brief appearance at the pre-draft camp next week in Orlando in which he won't participate in any games.

Tyrus Thomas helped lead LSU to a Final Four appearance.

"He might work out for the top four teams," Elfus said. "Maybe even more. Especially because there's a good chance there will be some maneuvering towards the top. We've got to cover our bases."

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jun 3 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #11

Guests

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 3 2006, 03:21 PM)
Why is a shawn marion type something to be happy about?

We need a power forward or a center, right? Last time i checked marion plays the wing.

Can someone please tell me what tyrus' offensive potential is like? I mean, garnett and jermaine oneal both came into the league and didn't really have a post game yet but had potential that developed in their second and third years.

Can tyrus really do that? Can he really be a physical power forward? OR are we gonna force him to play bigger than he is?

Can he REALLY play with chandler? SERIOUSLY, someone who has seen him more than I, does he COMPLEMENT him or DUPLICATE him. You need the offense and defense balance like chandler and curry or ben and rasheed or randolph and pryzbilla or.......you get the point.

A contender needs balance. Having just O or just D doesn't do us any good. Even if tyrus could be a better defensive big man than chandler we have already paid tyson and he's our defensive big man for the forseable future.

Someone answer these questions about tyrus for me...........please

Maybe you should check around more often because Shawn Marion is their SF and Played the PF spot for a number of games and was quite prodcutive to say the least.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Jun 3 2006, 04:33 PM
Post #12

Starter

Well, lets get something straight..Paxson never said anything about taking him... It was all tyrus's camp.

-Seems like all the big guys want to come to Chicago..... And there are lots of reasons why...

-Another thing...Maybe they are trying to hype him up and say that he's a lock to be a top 3.. That way he gets picked high in the lottery.

-The thing i dont like is that he's not going workout w/ other players. Their camp doesnt want competion against tyrus... I wonder why? huh.gif Other players might make him look bad??

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Jun 3 2006, 04:34 PM
Post #13

Starter

QUOTE (bullkirk @ Jun 3 2006, 01:06 PM)
headbang.gif headbang.gif Yes Tyrus in Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!Sofdridge to the rubish!!!!!! headbang.gif

Why is Aldridge a bust and Thomas isnt?

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 3 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #14

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

Marion is a VERY talented player, but he is a tweener. Trust me when I say that Shawn Marion will not be the starting power forward for a championship team.

Regardless of that proclamation, even though marion at 6'7 can play defense in the post, he DOES NOT score in the post, AND ISN'T THAT WHAT WE REALLY REALLY NEED?

Deng at 6'9 can certainly match up defensively with lanky power forwards and nocioni i would say is the most similar player to marion IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE.

Maybe not in terms of production, but both are 6'7 guys who can play PF bc they are strong and good rebounders. Both shoot good 3pt percentages and can drive to hole, provided they don't have overly quick guys on them.

Both are Argentinians with gold medals..............and i've gone too far

My point is this.....even if a smallish guy can play power forward solidly from a defensive standpoint, what we are missing more than anything else is a guy who plays that spot from an OFFENSIVE offensive standpont. Even Marion, a multi time all-star, does not satisfy that need. Therefore, neither does a raw offensively challended marion, i.e. tyrus.

ALSO- It should be mentioned that he only played a majority of minutes at the power forward spot for ONE YEAR. This season and from now on, due to Tim Thomas, kurt thomas, and diaw, marion only plays there for brief stretches. That was a one year experiment and the VERY FIRST move of the offseason was for the suns to move one of their most productive players (QUENTIN RICHARDSON) for a true power forward, Kurt Thomas. Doesn't that tell you something?

TYRUS THOMAS IS NOT THE ANSWER IN CHI-TOWN. I wish him luck in portland.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 3 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #15

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jun 3 2006, 02:26 PM)
-Another thing...Maybe they are trying to hype him up and say that he's a lock to be a top 3.. That way he gets picked high in the lottery.

Or, if Toronto is looking to deal their pick, someone wants Thomas, and Thomas's agent makes it seem like the Bulls would consider picking him, that's a reason to trade in front of the Bulls and take Thomas #1, something I bet he would like.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:47 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home