Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Chad Ford Mock, Has us taking Tyrus
bschmaranz
post Jun 12 2006, 09:22 AM
Post #1

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

Right now, he's got Toronto taking Bargnani @ 1, with us taking Tyrus Thomas 2nd. Gay would then go to Charlotte, Morrison heading to Portland and Aldridge going to Atlanta. So now two of the more known draft sources (Ford and nbadraft.net) have Aldridge falling and us not taking him.

He does mention that he saw Tyrus workout and he has tremendous physical and mental toughness, which automatically in his eyes makes him a safe pick to develop. Can't say I agree with that, but I didn't see his workout.

At #16 he has us taking Thabo Sefolosha. We haven't really discussed him much around here and I really don't know much about him. Ford characterizes him has being long, athletic and experienced while having a balanced all-around game. With Brewer (#11) and Carney (#15) off the board in his mock, perhaps Sefolosha is a good pick. But like I said, I don't know much about the guy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 12 2006, 09:46 AM
Post #2

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

He's had us taking Tyrus all along. He's convinced that the rumors are true and that we'll take him. I'm not so sure.

All I can tell you about Sefolosha is what's in his profile. He's a 6'6" 215 pound wing player from Switzerland currently playing in Italy. He's listed as a SF. Supposedly a good athlete with solid ball-handling and passing, and has shot well of late (the wording makes it sound like it used to be an issue). He actually gets minutes for his team, averaging 12 points and about 7 rebounds while shooting 41% from outside. They say he still needs to add strength and work on shooting off the dribble. He's projected as a late first rounder. It also says that there's a good chance that he stays in Europe to get more playing time as opposed to coming here as a rookie, which also suggests that he's a little raw.

I just checked the ESPN page and didn't see an updated mock draft, so where did you get this? I'm not doubting you, just want to see it.

+Quote Post
bschmaranz
post Jun 12 2006, 10:08 AM
Post #3

Bench

ESPN Insider, which is why I didn't just copy and paste.

Here's a link for those of you with insider.link

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 12 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #4

All-Star

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jun 12 2006, 10:01 AM)
ESPN Insider, which is why I didn't just copy and paste.

Here's a link for those of you with insider.link

Thanks, weird that I didn't see it when I looked there.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 12 2006, 12:32 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 12

This makes me want to vomit.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 12 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #6

All-Star

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 12 2006, 12:25 PM)
This makes me want to vimit.

I assume you mean vomit, but yeah, I agree with you. Neither player really thrills me. I'd much rather have Aldridge or Bargnani at #2 and someone out of Simmons, Armstrong, Brown, Brewer and Ager at #16.

+Quote Post
bullkirk
post Jun 12 2006, 01:09 PM
Post #7

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 149

Tyrus here we go

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 12 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #8

All-Star

Member No.: 21

If Aldridge is on the board, and the Bulls pass on him, I will lose it.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Jun 12 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #9

Starter

Member No.: 118

Go to draftexpress to find out about that Thabo guy... they saw him workout...

-I was gonna post him up a lil while ago.. but i never did. Anyways, he's a very skilled 6'7 (i think) player that has very nice handles. I think he's been playing proffesional bball for 5 years now, and it really SHOWS. People were very impressed w/ this guy, and he really look like he was there to take care of business.

-Anyways, when i read the article, i was kinda convinced that we should go after this guy. he does everything well except shoot well from the 3pt line. But the good thing is that he can guard multiple positions. biggrin.gif

-Ill post the link he i ever find it...

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 12 2006, 06:04 PM
Post #10

All-Star

Member No.: 3

I assume he could fit in at guard, otherwise it makes zero sense for us to take a small forward, unless of course a big time trade is in the works.

Not a fan of Thomas.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Jun 12 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #11

6th Man

Member No.: 70

He does mention that he saw Tyrus workout and he has tremendous physical and mental toughness, which automatically in his eyes makes him a safe pick to develop. Can't say I agree with that, but I didn't see his workout.

that is not waht we need not another chandler that will take time to develop we need a proven big like Aldridge, or trade the pick that will not work for us we will be worse noxt year.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Jun 12 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #12

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jun 12 2006, 05:46 PM)
Go to draftexpress to find out about that Thabo guy... they saw him workout...

-I was gonna post him up a lil while ago.. but i never did. Anyways, he's a very skilled 6'7 (i think) player that has very nice handles. I think he's been playing proffesional bball for 5 years now, and it really SHOWS. People were very impressed w/ this guy, and he really look like he was there to take care of business.

-Anyways, when i read the article, i was kinda convinced that we should go after this guy. he does everything well except shoot well from the 3pt line. But the good thing is that he can guard multiple positions. biggrin.gif

-Ill post the link he i ever find it...

another guy that i would not mind getting in the draft with the 16th pick in Ager he has to get a little better at everything but i think that it will work out for us better in the future.

+Quote Post
bschmaranz
post Jun 12 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #13

Bench

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Jun 12 2006, 09:52 PM)
another guy that i would not mind getting in the draft with the 16th pick in Ager he has to get a little better at everything but i think that it will work out for us better in the future.

I find it interesting that Ford doesn't even have Ager on the board as a first round pick. He mentions him at the bottom of the article as a "potential first rounder".

He has guys like Douby, Shannon Brown, Guillermo Diaz, and Vinicius in the first round instead.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 12 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #14

All-Star

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jun 12 2006, 10:23 PM)
I find it interesting that Ford doesn't even have Ager on the board as a first round pick. He mentions him at the bottom of the article as a "potential first rounder".

He has guys like Douby, Shannon Brown, Guillermo Diaz, and Vinicius in the first round instead.

I noticed that and thought it was pretty weird. Having watched these guys in college, I don't know how you can take Douby or Diaz over Ager.

+Quote Post
bschmaranz
post Jun 12 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #15

Bench

I don't know about Douby but on Ford's blog, he's mentioned Diaz rising up GMs draft lists very quickly.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:29 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home