IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gordon or Hinrich
Gordon or Hinrich
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 31
Guests cannot vote 
eddog2
post Jan 25 2007, 03:59 PM
Post #1

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

Who is more valuable Kirk or Ben. If we trade for Gasol and had to lose one of them who would you let go. Assume me keep Thabo & Deng.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jan 25 2007, 04:44 PM
Post #2

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

I made my stance known in the other thread.

+Quote Post
CryptViLL
post Jan 25 2007, 04:47 PM
Post #3

6th Man

Member No.: 10

Hinrich.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jan 25 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #4

All-Star

Member No.: 3

Without a doubt Kirk Hinrich. With Gasol here we would be such a consistent and complete offense and Hinrich is one of the best defensive guards in the league and one of the better passing pg's in the league. I'd love to see what him run the offense do with a legit low post presence. I think he'd be our 3rd best scorer but you'd see his assist totals climb and our offensive efficiency increase by a lot.

In addition if we can get quality minutes out of Griff/Sef/Noc at the 2 we should see our defense greatly improve as well. Plus I think the ball movement would be so much more crisp with Gordon.

However, with Gordon gone we would have one weakness and that is a guy who can actually create his own offense (Hinrich would become the only player even remotedly capable of that and he isn't even in the same league w/BG in regards to that. I just think our consistency on offense and ball movement would outweight what we lost in BG.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jan 26 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Those were some big clutch 3's that Kirk hit last night down the stretch.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Jan 26 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #6

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

Meh, it's easier to replace Kirks D with Du or Thabo. We have noone on the roster who could replace Gordon's offense.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jan 26 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #7

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jan 26 2007, 10:51 AM) *
Those were some big clutch 3's that Kirk hit last night down the stretch.

That's what he gets paid to do. Hit wide open 3's. When the defense collapses on other players it should be easy to hit a wide open shot.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jan 26 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #8

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

I voted Gordon, and I'll stick with Gordon.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jan 26 2007, 03:09 PM
Post #9

All-Star

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jan 26 2007, 11:23 AM) *
Meh, it's easier to replace Kirks D with Du or Thabo. We have noone on the roster who could replace Gordon's offense.

You're virtually replacing the scoring one-for-one in a trade for Gasol without even factoring in how much he would help our other guys, and adding size, rebounding, and defense as well. Last I checked Gasol can't handle the ball though.

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jan 26 2007, 11:40 AM) *
That's what he gets paid to do. Hit wide open 3's. When the defense collapses on other players it should be easy to hit a wide open shot.

He gets paid to handle the ball and play defense, as well as score a little. Too bad we'd lose that last one in going from Hinrich to Duhon. Plus those kind of guys are important with a post presence like Gasol. We don't exactly have anyone consistently drawing double teams on the Bulls right now, we would in the deal.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jan 27 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #10

Starter

Member No.: 84

Let's get one thing straight about trading for Gasol: He's not going to give you much defense or rebounding. Yes, he may average 8 or so rebounds a game, but considering he'll be playing 40 min. or more every night, that's not all that great for a guy that's 7 ft. Basically, he gets the balls that come to him, but nothing else. He's not going to fight for any rebounds.

Plus, his defense is quite awful, which is something he's been constantly ripped for in Memphis for the last 3-4 years. That means that Big Ben will be worker harder than he is now trying to cover the inside b/c of Gasol and his lack of defense. Now, Gasol's saving grace is that he scores about 20 points per game, so what he usually gives up on defense, he gets back by scoring a lot on offense.

Anyway, just wanted to get all that out there about Gasol. As for the topic of this thread, I'd rather keep Gordon. I really think Duhon can handle the offense and provide good enough defense. Obviously not as well as Hinrich, but b/t him and Sef, I think they can get the job done.

If we were to keep BG, our only weakness would really be playing teams w/ big SG's, like the Lakers. Kirk does a tremendous job trying to guard guys like Kobe b/c Gordon just can't really. However, this would not be a problem once Thabo gets some more PT under his belt. I really think by this time next year, Thabo would be as good as Kirk defensively on those bigger guards, meaning losing Kirk would not hurt all that much.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Jan 27 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #11

Skills Competitor

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 26 2007, 03:02 PM) *
You're virtually replacing the scoring one-for-one in a trade for Gasol without even factoring in how much he would help our other guys, and adding size, rebounding, and defense as well. Last I checked Gasol can't handle the ball though.
He gets paid to handle the ball and play defense, as well as score a little. Too bad we'd lose that last one in going from Hinrich to Duhon. Plus those kind of guys are important with a post presence like Gasol. We don't exactly have anyone consistently drawing double teams on the Bulls right now, we would in the deal.

Are you confident Kirk will hit the wide open shot he gets from the double team on Gasol? Because I'm pretty sure gordon would.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jan 27 2007, 04:13 PM
Post #12

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jan 27 2007, 03:18 PM) *
Are you confident Kirk will hit the wide open shot he gets from the double team on Gasol? Because I'm pretty sure gordon would.

I know I sure would be confident in Kirk, simply because Kirk was known for his 3pt abilities in college, and he's been pretty damn good at hitting them so far in the Pros.

Kirk is really underappreciated around here.

I'd easily trade Gordon over Kirk in a deal for Gasol/KG. You're replacing Gordon's scoring with the scoring of the acquisition, and on top of that, you're adding more rebounding, a low post scoring threat, a true go-to-guy, a consistent scorer, and with the double teams down low, they open up shots for Deng, Kirk, and Noc. At the same time, we give Big Ben more offensive rebound opportunities.

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post Jan 27 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #13

6th Man

Member No.: 214

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jan 26 2007, 11:23 AM) *

This is pretty much how I feel about it.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jan 27 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #14

All-Star

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 27 2007, 02:37 PM) *
Let's get one thing straight about trading for Gasol: He's not going to give you much defense or rebounding. Yes, he may average 8 or so rebounds a game, but considering he'll be playing 40 min. or more every night, that's not all that great for a guy that's 7 ft. Basically, he gets the balls that come to him, but nothing else. He's not going to fight for any rebounds.

Plus, his defense is quite awful, which is something he's been constantly ripped for in Memphis for the last 3-4 years. That means that Big Ben will be worker harder than he is now trying to cover the inside b/c of Gasol and his lack of defense. Now, Gasol's saving grace is that he scores about 20 points per game, so what he usually gives up on defense, he gets back by scoring a lot on offense.

That first part isn't really the case. He hasn't cracked 32 minutes per game in 3 of the last 4 years, which is when he averaged under 8 boards. When he averaged 36.7, 36, and 39.1 minutes in his 3 other years, he posted averages of 8.9, 8.7, and 8.9, which is pretty respectable.

No, he's not a defensive stopper, but he's not exactly a matador either. He's 7-feet tall and 260 pounds, which gives him an edge in the post over our other guys, and also blocks a fair number of shots.

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jan 27 2007, 03:18 PM) *

Yeah, I'm fairly confident, he's been a pretty good 3-point shooter throughout his career. Gordon has been a bit better before this year, but that wasn't my point, my point was that Duhon can't, and capable point guards that can shoot are fairly hard to find. We can find a decent 3-point shooting replacement at SG. As I've said before, either way we'd lose something of value.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Jan 28 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #15

Bench

Member No.: 56

I dont trade for Gasol, there you have it. Its not worth losing Deng or Gordon plus whatevr else they want.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:26 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home