IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ben Gordon, Where are all the haters at?
TeaLeafReaderII
post Nov 18 2008, 11:46 AM
Post #16

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

I dunno, if Gordon keeps playing at this level with offensive output > defensive liability. I'm not sure the Bull will have a choice but to cave to his demands especially if Thabo doesn't develop, Hughes keeps sucking (though the concerted effort by the media and the Bulls calling him a viable option really concerns me), and Kirk doesn't start playing better when he gets back.

Bulls still have the ability to sign for the most years/money. Provided Gordon keeps playing at this level or better (imagine if he starts letting Rose create for him headbang.gif ) he'll get his money and I can't imagine a scenario where the Bulls don't try to give it to him.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Nov 18 2008, 12:09 PM
Post #17

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 17 2008, 07:27 PM) *
You obviously didn't read my last post, or are taking it in a totally different manner. It's not only an issue of who's going to give him how much money, it's an issue of whether or not both sides want to come to terms on a long term extension. It doesn't really matter what other money is out there if the Bulls don't want him back or he doesn't want to return. This situation appears to be going in that direction if it hasn't already.

And since you're bringing up the teams, Miami looks like a nice fit to me. He doesn't have to be the primary ball-handler, he can guard point guards, and they can use a big time jump-shooter. There was even an old thread about Wade talking up Gordon a while back. It wouldn't be the 14 mil he's been rumored to want, but it's somewhere he might perceive as a better situation and there's no income tax in Florida. It's WAY too early to worry about it though, things can change drastically.

Ok...let's put it this way. I think that if Gordon hits the market, discovers that he can't get what he want, and comes back and says he'll take something similar to what we offered last time, I think both sides will go for that regardless of any bad blood. The Bulls will take him back unless they trade him mid-season this year, and if he can't get a better offer elsewhere, which I don't think he will...then both sides will look past that and get something done.

In terms of teams like Miami...I agree with you it looks like a reasonable fit, but Miami has a bigger priority...bigger in the literal sense, in that they desperately need a big man, and there happens to be an expensive, all-star, URFA big scoring forward on the market in Carlos Boozer.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Nov 19 2008, 12:06 AM
Post #18

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

6-22 from the field...what a freaking stud!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:54 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home