Post #31

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 10 2007, 11:49 PM) *
You really need to change your line to "Kirk Hinrich is so F'in overrated"

7 games of the playoffs,

Kirk Hinrich

37.8% FG, 10.57 PPG, 5.85 APG, 9-28 from 3 (32%), 6 stls (.85 stls) (The only thing he's done well is shoot free throws. But he can't even draw fouls effectively. He's gone to the line 11 times in 7 games. That's just stupid. Quit being a girl and get some contact down low.)

Baron Davis

26.3 PPG, 54% FG, 43.5% 3pt, 6.0 APG, 2.0 SPG (51 free throw attempts)

Deron Williams

18.0 PPG, 44.9% FG, 25.8% 3pt, 9.0 APG, 1.22 SPG, (37 free throw attempts)

Steve Nash

18.7 PPG, 46.1% FG, 45% 3pt, 13.4 APG, (29 free thows)

It's just rediculous that the most important player on our team gets outplayed this bad by the premiere PG's in the league. I don't mind the scoring but the other stuff he is/isn't doing is hurting our team.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 10 2007, 11:14 PM
Post #32

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

Baron Davis is GS's #1 option. Nash is a 2-time MVP. Deron Williams is a budding Super Star. Those comparisons don't do him justice.

+Quote Post
rangercal
post May 10 2007, 11:20 PM
Post #33

Bench

Member No.: 7

from nbadraft.net http://nbadraft.net/index.asp?content=mock2003
2003 MOCK Draft

1. Cleveland Lebron James 6-8 245 PG/SG Akron OH HSSr.
2. *Detroit Darko Milicic 7-1 253 PF (Serbia-Montenegro) 1985
3. Denver Carmelo Anthony 6-7 234 SF Syracuse Fr.
4. Toronto Chris Bosh 6-11 210 PF Georgia Tech Fr.
5. Miami Kirk Hinrich 6-4 190 PG Kansas Sr.
6. *LA Clippers Chris Kaman 7-0 255 C Central Michigan Jr.
7. Chicago Dwyane Wade 6-5 212 SG Marquette Jr.

mecry.gif mecry.gif mecry.gif mecry.gif mecry.gif

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 10 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #34

Leading Scorer

Who you want to compare him to? Tony Parker? Parker is playing better.

Rafer Alston? If you say Rafer Alston I'll laugh. He's going to be making $11 million next year. Find me an $11 million PG that's worse. I'm sure you can with maybe Mike Bibby. But even then I'd have an argument.

And lets keep the 2 rejects from New York out of the equation. Stephon at one time was twice the player Kirk is but that is no longer true.

Williams is in his second season and he makes Kirk look like the rookie.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post May 10 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #35

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

Meh... Bulls as a team hit 33%... and no one really had a good game. Trying to pin the blame on one player is stupid. Ben Wallace wasn't enough to get us over the hump. Next year he is going to be a year older... while Tyson Chandler is going to be a year better. I think we can stop with all the Paxson is a genious talk.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 10 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #36

Leading Scorer

We have good team, we just don't have a great team. I love Tyson. I admit that Wallace did a much better job on Shaq than Tyson did. But I always said that Tyson's really a PF not a Center. I hated that the Bulls played him at center. Tyson has to be paired next to a 4 or 5 that has a post game and an offensive game in general. That's why he was so effective with Curry. When Curry was gone there was nobody there to help him. Imagine how good he'd be if he played next to Tim Duncan!

Either way, the Bulls have a good team. I'm not blaming Kirk for everything, I'm just saying Kirk is not the answer for this team. Without a true superstar such as McGrady who can get doubled and create for players, the team needs a true PG that can drive, create for teammates, and effectively control the tempo of the game. Kirk's not a great PG. He'll never be. So unless you can find me a superstar that can be like McGrady, then Kirk has to go. Pray that Kevin Durant is that guy and we get him.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post May 10 2007, 11:50 PM
Post #37

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

Tyson is playing center in Nawlans and looking pretty dang good. He... like most big men... just needed more time to develop.

Gordon/Kirk/Thabo is going to be a great back court... They just need a post player... that should have been taken care of before the deadline this year... now they need to fix it this offseason.

Although I'm pretty excited for the first team in the history of the NBA to come back from three down in a 7 game series.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 11 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #38

Leading Scorer

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ May 11 2007, 12:43 AM) *
Tyson is playing center in Nawlans and looking pretty dang good. He... like most big men... just needed more time to develop.

Gordon/Kirk/Thabo is going to be a great back court... They just need a post player... that should have been taken care of before the deadline this year... now they need to fix it this offseason.
Although I'm pretty excited for the first team in the history of the NBA to come back from three down in a 7 game series.

I'm praying with you buddy that they pull off 4 straight.

As for the Tyson comment, that's what I was talking about. He plays well b/c he has David West to play off of. It also didn't hurt that for a good part of the season he had a real PG he was playing with (Paul).

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 11 2007, 07:33 AM
Post #39

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Kirk is a very poor version of Steve Nash, and thats the only comparison I can think of at the moment.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post May 11 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #40

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 11 2007, 06:26 AM) *
Kirk is a very poor version of Steve Nash, and thats the only comparison I can think of at the moment.

Look people, when you're comparing your point guard to a 2 time MVP, your point guard isn't going to look that great. You're comparing Kirk Hinrich to the best offensive weapon in the NBA right now (his only competition is Kobe). If this were baseball, it'd be like saying that you should dump a gold glove defensive player because he doesn't produce nearly as many runs as Bonds or Thome.

A team can't have an all star at every single position on their roster and have the cap room to hold together for more than a year or two. Mr. Hinrich is not a dominant offensive point guard, but he is at worst a solid point guard on offense and a dominant point guard on defense.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 12:22 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home