> Jermaine O'Neal, what will it take
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 22 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #16

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 21 2006, 06:14 PM)
we could might as well just give them sweetney because he is just warming the bench for the other players and he will give them a low post scorer to make up for some of the points that o'neal would have.

Sweetney has very little value. He's a throw-in at best. Teams don't really want 6'8" guys with limited athleticism, they can find those all over the NCAA.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Mar 22 2006, 05:23 PM
Post #17

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 70

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 22 2006, 12:10 PM)
Even if he does become the next Wade (which is highly unlikely), that doesn't really help our team that much. First off, it'd probably take at least two years for him to get to the kind of performance level that Wade is currently at. Secondly, we'd still have a massive hole in the middle that is holding us back, something that isn't really an issue on Miami. There are a lot more good shooting guards on crappy teams than there are big guys.

It'd be pretty ludicrous for us to take Roy over Aldridge, or possibly even some of the other big guys. Unless the guard in question is considerably better than the big guy would take, which doesn't seem likely in this draft, we gotta go with the big guy to try to help our team.

no i am saying that roy for our second pick in the first not the knicks one that one is for aldridge

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 23 2006, 12:23 PM
Post #18

All-Star

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 22 2006, 05:16 PM)
no i am saying that roy for our second pick in the first not the knicks one that one is for aldridge

Oh. In that case, we either better start losing a lot of get really lucky in the lottery.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Mar 23 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #19

Bench

Member No.: 56

with how we are playing I think a number of teams might pass us up.....

Boston, Toronto, Orlando, Houstan, Minny, Seattle, Golden State.

Orlando and Toronto are a bit of a reach but I think the others will pass us up. Which than would give us the 7th pick if you go by records so maybe a little luck and it isnt all that hard to happen. When does everyone have Roy going in the draft?

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 23 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #20

All-Star

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Mar 23 2006, 01:10 PM)

Orlando and Toronto are a bit of a reach but I think the others will pass us up.  Which than would give us the 7th pick if you go by records so maybe a little luck and it isnt all that hard to happen.  When does everyone have Roy going in the draft?

Well, given his recent performances and the hype he's starting to garner, it appears that he'd go somewhere between 5 and 10, although it'd probably lean a bit more towards 5 given that this is a pretty weak draft. The only guys I'd say definitely go in front of him are Aldridge, Gay, Morrison, and Bagnani, and the last one is a bit iffy (This is just for guys that are probably coming out. There could be one or two more). ESPN has him rated at #7, with Joakim Noah and Tyrus Thomas being the other two rated ahead of him.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Mar 23 2006, 05:26 PM
Post #21

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Mar 23 2006, 01:10 PM)

Orlando and Toronto are a bit of a reach but I think the others will pass us up. Which than would give us the 7th pick if you go by records so maybe a little luck and it isnt all that hard to happen. When does everyone have Roy going in the draft?

this is to be the most accurate one of them all http://www.nbadraft.net/ and they have him being drafted in the fifth to the tenth pick in the draft.

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Mar 23 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #22

6th Man

Member No.: 65

I wouldn't give up Hinirch, Deng or Noch for ONeal...plus he is expensive...plus he is injury prone.
He would be a huge upgrade to Shawn Bradley, I mean Tyson Chandler...But not worth giving up the knicks pick.

We could sign Harrington and keep both of our draft picks. Not a stellar draft but enough big men for us to grab at least 1 to fill that huge hole.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 07:07 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home