Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iguana
post Mar 29 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 91

Kind of depends on who they would have to give up. If they would have to gut the team to get him, then no, it wouldnt be good.

The offseason should be interesting. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Mar 29 2006, 04:53 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 29 2006, 02:16 PM)
would this be good.

Anything that brings us Kevin Garnett without losing Chandler, Hinrich, or Deng, is absolutely excellent. It's our only chance to really compete in the next year or two. If we keep those draft picks, we'll probably be a better team in 2008-09 and 09-10 as the guys we draft, Deng, and Chandler keep growing up, but 06-07 and 07-08, we would have the tools to make a quality run at a high playoff spot.

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Mar 29 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #4

6th Man

Member No.: 65

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Mar 29 2006, 04:46 PM)
Anything that brings us Kevin Garnett without losing Chandler, Hinrich, or Deng, is absolutely excellent. It's our only chance to really compete in the next year or two. If we keep those draft picks, we'll probably be a better team in 2008-09 and 09-10 as the guys we draft, Deng, and Chandler keep growing up, but 06-07 and 07-08, we would have the tools to make a quality run at a high playoff spot.

Chandler plays the same position as Garnett, we have to package him in any trade...

I'm all for this as long as Noch, Hinrich and Deng are not included. Otherwise, have at it, just don't give everybody up....

I say Chandler, Our 2nd 1st rd pick and gordon...

Then draft Aldridge or Davis or Thomas or Noah with the 1st pick.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Mar 29 2006, 06:13 PM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Mar 29 2006, 04:46 PM)

I agree that I wouldnt want to lose them either but, I HOPE TO GOD we do not get Garnett this offseason. His knees are shot and I wouldnt be suprised if he retired in about 2 years because with all that banging around since he was 18, hes been in the league I think about 10+ years now and what isnt he like 30 now? Garnett is now past his prime and though he is still good, not likely for long. I dont want a guy with bad of knees he has. I might like the Idea of Pierce though but he is a SF and so is Deng, so were would they play?

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 29 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #6

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Guys there is no way we get Garnett without giving up some big names. Minnesota has to have SOMETHING to take back to their fans, not just a couple of draft picks and some crap. You would have to think that one of Hinrich/Gordon and one of Deng/Nocioni, plus Tyson Chandler would have to go in addition to draft picks. Look what we got for a hugely inferior Eddy Curry, and tell me how we could get Kevin Garnett for less. There is no way.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Mar 29 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #7

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29 2006, 04:42 PM)
Guys there is no way we get Garnett without giving up some big names. Minnesota has to have SOMETHING to take back to their fans, not just a couple of draft picks and some crap. You would have to think that one of Hinrich/Gordon and one of Deng/Nocioni, plus Tyson Chandler would have to go in addition to draft picks. Look what we got for a hugely inferior Eddy Curry, and tell me how we could get Kevin Garnett for less. There is no way.

The only way we could have him for less than market value is if he demands a trade from the Twolves and states he'll only go to the Bulls.

Basically he'd have to do what Shaq did when he left the Lakers.

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Mar 29 2006, 06:59 PM
Post #8

Bench

Member No.: 27

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29 2006, 06:42 PM)
Look what we got for a hugely inferior Eddy Curry, and tell me how we could get Kevin Garnett for less. There is no way.

Nobody knew the knicks would be that horrible.

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Mar 29 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #9

Bench

QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Mar 29 2006, 05:59 PM)
Chandler plays the same position as Garnett, we have to package him in any trade...

I'm all for this as long as Noch, Hinrich and Deng are not included. Otherwise, have at it, just don't give everybody up....

I say Chandler, Our 2nd 1st rd pick and gordon...

Then draft Aldridge or Davis or Thomas or Noah with the 1st pick.

Exactly.

I would insist we trade chandler, and it's probably a must because of the big contract.

If chandler, gordon, and the 2nd 1st-rounder was doable, I would not hesitate.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 29 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #10

All-Star

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 29 2006, 06:48 PM)
The only way we could have him for less than market value is if he demands a trade from the Twolves and states he'll only go to the Bulls.

Basically he'd have to do what Shaq did when he left the Lakers.

Another good example... Look at what the Lakers got for Shaq, even factoring his injury history, his age, and his weight, plus his demand to only go to Miami, and they still got a bunch for him. Another great reason why we aren't going to able to keep everyone if we want KG

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Mar 29 2006, 07:05 PM
Post #11

Bench

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 29 2006, 06:06 PM)
I agree that I wouldnt want to lose them either but, I HOPE TO GOD we do not get Garnett this offseason. His knees are shot and I wouldnt be suprised if he retired in about 2 years because with all that banging around since he was 18, hes been in the league I think about 10+ years now and what isnt he like 30 now? Garnett is now past his prime and though he is still good, not likely for long. I dont want a guy with bad of knees he has. I might like the Idea of Pierce though but he is a SF and so is Deng, so were would they play?

I would have agreed if not for what happened with shaq. I had thought the heat were giving up to much talent and throwing too much money at someone who was on the decline, but now they're title contenders.

If we could make the trade without giving up too much and keeping one of the picks, I'd like it.

I'm just not keeping my hopes up.

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Mar 29 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #12

Bench

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29 2006, 06:55 PM)
Another good example... Look at what the Lakers got for Shaq, even factoring his injury history, his age, and his weight, plus his demand to only go to Miami, and they still got a bunch for him. Another great reason why we aren't going to able to keep everyone if we want KG

And shaq is still much more valueable. The heat turned into true title contenders (So close to the Finals, probably if not for Wade getting hurt). butler was traded for someone even more worthless, and odom is still basically underachiving. And look at where the lakers are.

Kinda like what the White Sox have done...sometimes you gotta take chances.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 29 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #13

All-Star

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 29 2006, 07:01 PM)
And shaq is still much more valueable. The heat turned into true title contenders (So close to the Finals, probably if not for Wade getting hurt). butler was traded for someone even more worthless, and odom is still basically underachiving. And look at where the lakers are.

Kinda like what the White Sox have done...sometimes you gotta take chances.

Just because the Lakers screwed up with their next deals doesn't change what the package for Shaq looked like. Shaquille plays about 50 games a year and maybe the playoffs, the big reason the Heat make it is because of Dwayne Wade and good depth, although there is no denying Shaqs contribution when he does play. KG plays everygame, every year, and puts up numbers right about as good as Shaq, with no supporting cast to speak of. I would have to imagine that along with KGs age makes him much more attractive to a team than ONeal would be.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Mar 29 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #14

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29 2006, 04:55 PM)

The Lakers got absolutely Jack Sh*t for Shaq. They literally got screwed.

They got the wonderful pleasure of taking on Brian Grant's contract which was so horrendous they used that amnesty provision to drop him like a rock last summer to avoid the luxury tax on it, Lamar Odom, another overpaid piece that seems to not fit in anywhere it gets plugged, and Caron Butler, who was packaged to Washington with Chucky Atkins for Kwame Brown.

The worst part of that was Brian Grant's albatross. They gave up Shaq to get one of the worst contracts outside of Manhattan, and that screwed them out of any decent salary cap space for several more years, to the point that Kobe may start wearing down before they can bring in anyone to play alongside him.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Mar 29 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #15

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 29 2006, 06:06 PM)

i am in the same place i do not want to give up half our starting line up just for KG he will olny be in the league for 2-3 years he is good but not for long. i would rather keep our draft picks and be a playoff caliber team in two years then give up all of our young good talent for one old excellent talent. if we get Aldridge or Tyrus and then get Roy or Brewer we will be a good team.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:36 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home