post May 31 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #1

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

2006 NBA Mock Draft (Version 1.0)
By Joseph Slowik, NBA Draft Analyst
TalkBulls.com

Despite the fact that the draft order has finally been determined, there is still significant uncertainty throughout the draft board. This starts at the top, with no consensus number one pick this season. This won’t stop me from trying to figure out exactly how things will unfold in Madison Square Garden on June 28th....Click Here to See the Mock Selections
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post May 31 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #2

All-Star

Member No.: 3

Hey Joseph

I thought this was an excellent mock draft. You did a nice job picking guys based on team needs as well as where they were slated and best of all you don't seem to be one of those people that deems everyone a superstar in the making.

Plus I like the Bulls selections (Ager and Aldridge).

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 1 2006, 07:54 AM
Post #3

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

Good job overall, but i hope that we go with collins over ager if he's still there

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 1 2006, 08:11 AM
Post #4

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Nice work Zoom. cheers.gif

+Quote Post
bullkirk
post Jun 1 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #5

10 Day Contract

Group: Members
Member No.: 149

Good work but Thomas will be our pick in my opinion but nice work :]

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 1 2006, 11:35 AM
Post #6

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 1 2006, 07:47 AM)
Good job overall, but i hope that we go with collins over ager if he's still there

I really don't like Collins as a player, so that might be one spot where I let personal bias come in. He's big and fairly athletic, but that's about all he has going for him. He's a decent but not stellar ball-handler (he's not really an NBA PG despite reports to the contrary), and his shooting is abysmal. He also seemed to struggle against quicker opponents defensively in college, which isn't a good sign.

I'd much rather have us take Ager, who is a gifted offensive player that isn't much smaller.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 1 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #7

All-Star

QUOTE (bullkirk @ Jun 1 2006, 08:52 AM)
Good work but Thomas will be our pick in my opinion but nice work :]

We might, but I believe/hope that Paxson doesn't do that. Another raw, undersized big man doesn't really help us. Aldridge and Bargnani are so much more skilled and polished, that just wouldn't make much sense to me.

By the way, it's pretty hard to seperate your own thoughts and opinions from what you think the GM's will do. It's very hard to read the minds of the people making the picks. There are rumors floating around, but I don't really pay attention to them very much until shortly before the draft when things are a little less cloudy. So many things can still change between now and then, and at least 80% of what you hear is total bullshit, either from GM's trying to manipulate the draft board or from people trying to make you think that they know more than they really do.

Also, there are always a few picks that boggle the mind and don't really make any sense, or guys that go significantly earlier or later than you think they should. I don't really have those worked in yet since there is still a lot of time for guys to improve/kill their stock.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 1 2006, 01:32 PM
Post #8

Starter

As an illinois student i have seen plenty of ager in big ten action, but i only know about collins what i've read.

the fact that he is a legit 6'6 and a defensive minded combo guard is intriguing. Someone said he is a lot like duhon, but a 6'6 duhon would be a nice piece to me. I have also heard he will be better in the nba then it seems bc he played in an awful system at temple.

Does anyone have more info or video on him? i know he just worked out with the bulls, but i don't know if there is video on that available to the public.

Ager definately would not be a bad choice, as he has a good mix of proven ability and potential, not to mention size, but i think a combo guard would be better suited for our team.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 1 2006, 02:03 PM
Post #9

All-Star

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 1 2006, 01:25 PM)
As an illinois student i have seen plenty of ager in big ten action, but i only know about collins what i've read.

the fact that he is a legit 6'6 and a defensive minded combo guard is intriguing.  Someone said he is a lot like duhon, but a 6'6 duhon would be a nice piece to me.  I have also heard he will be better in the nba then it seems bc he played in an awful system at temple.

Does anyone have more info or video on him?  i know he just worked out with the bulls, but i don't know if there is video on that available to the public.

Ager definately would not be a bad choice, as he has a good mix of proven ability and potential, not to mention size, but i think a combo guard would be better suited for our team.

I'm not a fan of the Duhon comparison. Duhon is considerably quicker, a better ball-handler, and despite a rough career at Duke, a stronger shooter. Chris is also a legit PG that is capable of defending NBA PG's. I'm not so sure with Collins. Some of the draft material claim he isn't even athletic enough to guard a lot of 2-guards (ESPN, draftexpress). I really think this is a legitimate concern since he played in a matchup-zone in college. He was able to ball-hawk (one of his strengths) instead of guarding someone man-to-man.

It's really hard to guage his defensive ability at the next level given the defensive system he was in and the lack of consistently strong competition, but it sounds like early returns on workouts are not good. Considering he's likely going to have trouble scoring in the pros, that's not a good sign.

Collins is big, pretty strong, and is a better than average ball-handler for his size. But he's a bit of a tweener between the two guard spots (and he's almost certainly a better fit at the 2-guard spot), is apparently an average athlete at best, and is a bad shooter. Just about all reports say that he's more of a role player along the lines of Trenton Hassell.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 1 2006, 02:16 PM
Post #10

Starter

Trenton Hassel wouldn't be bad off the bench. But i suppose if we are getting someone who can't really play point we might as well get a straight up 2 guard like ager

but please, mr paxon, no small guys like douby or shannon brown.

What about rodney carney or richard roby for our backup 2?

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Jun 1 2006, 03:24 PM
Post #11

Starter

Group: Members
Member No.: 118

Overall good draft. smile.gif But Cedric Simmoms falling that much? Any1 mind taking him w/ our 16th?

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 1 2006, 03:36 PM
Post #12

All-Star

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 1 2006, 02:09 PM)
Trenton Hassel wouldn't be bad off the bench. But i suppose if we are getting someone who can't really play point we might as well get a straight up 2 guard like ager

but please, mr paxon, no small guys like douby or shannon brown.

What about rodney carney or richard roby for our backup 2?

I doubt Carney is still there at #16, and he's not really a 2-guard anyways. Roby is intriguing, but he's not much of a defender and he's a bit of a reach at 16.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 1 2006, 03:43 PM
Post #13

All-Star

QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jun 1 2006, 03:17 PM)
Overall good draft. smile.gif But Cedric Simmoms falling that much? Any1 mind taking him w/ our 16th?

Judging by his current stock, that's roughly the right spot. You never know with post players though. He could fly up to a late-lottery pick with some solid workouts.

I would actually be pretty happy if the Bulls took him. He's a little raw, but he's big and athletic. Honestly, he's not that different from Thomas. He's a little less consistent and not quite as explosive, but he's also a little bigger and tougher, and more effective in the post.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 02:21 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home