IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trade Deadline: February 18th., Latest - NY/SAC/HOU 3-way sends Martin to HOU, TMac to NY
GreatScott82
post Jan 30 2010, 11:49 AM
Post #1

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 163

The Bulls have found it lately, winning 5 straight road games for the first time since 2006. With that being said- we are 6 months away from the NBA free agent frenzy and will have pleanty of room to make 2 big splashes. Do we make a deal for a Chris Bosh right now or should we wait for the summer to go after him? What would it cost?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jan 30 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Well if I were the Bulls, I would try to make a hard run at Bosh or Amare now as opposed to waiting until the offseason. I have always been on the Amare bandwagon. I think more than anybody, he is the perfect fit with the Bulls because he and Rose are so gosh darn athletically gifted they'd run the PNR all day long and nobody could stop it. Now Bosh is a much much better defensive player and right now he is playing at a higher level than Stoudemire. I don't see Bosh going anywhere because Toronto would want a star like player in return to help build around their core and I don't think the Bulls have much to offer unless they are interested in Deng. If I had to put money on it I don't think the Bulls make any major moves this deadline and they wait it out. Though I'm always holding onto a glimmer of hope that Amare may be coming to Chicago smile.gif

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jan 30 2010, 04:11 PM
Post #3

Bench

Member No.: 163

I agree that Toronto would likely keep Bosh. But there are no garuntees that he will stay after this season, so he may very well be dealt for the proper package. A lot will depend on how the Raptors finish this season. Right now the Raptors are 25-22 and are currently in the center in the Eastern Conference.

The Suns have some young pieces but they will likely inject a youth movement sooner rather than later. It all starts with their star Amare Stoudemire. With 2 years left on his deal, the Suns could ask for a pretty solid package in return.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jan 30 2010, 11:41 PM
Post #4

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

just a little FYI greatscott, you spelled derrick wrong in your sig

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jan 31 2010, 12:38 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

The Bulls will make a push for it but will discover that they can't when they combine their unwillingness to pay the tax this year (and hence, their inability to add more than like $200k in additional salary) with their natural hesitancy to give up Hinrich and their unwillingness to give up Miller without getting equal amounts of expiring money back next year.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Feb 1 2010, 02:50 PM
Post #6

6th Man

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jan 30 2010, 04:11 PM) *
I agree that Toronto would likely keep Bosh. But there are no garuntees that he will stay after this season, so he may very well be dealt for the proper package. A lot will depend on how the Raptors finish this season. Right now the Raptors are 25-22 and are currently in the center in the Eastern Conference.

The Suns have some young pieces but they will likely inject a youth movement sooner rather than later. It all starts with their star Amare Stoudemire. With 2 years left on his deal, the Suns could ask for a pretty solid package in return.

2 years? No...he can opt out this next season. He has a player option for 2010-11 which pays him around $17.5M for one season only.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 4 2010, 06:27 PM
Post #7

Superstar

Now there is talk about a Ray Allen for Kirk Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas, Jerome James swap. I don't know how I feel on this one. I think I'd do it because we desperately need a 3 point shooter and obviously Allen's 18 million dollar contract expires but Kirk and Tyrus is quite a bit of talent to give up for someone who's old as hell and on the last year of his contract. Not to mention we lose whatever defense we had with Kirk and Tyrus, but we gain a pure shooter and a perfect compliment to Rose. There was also talk of after making this trade the Bulls would be happy to resign Allen at a lower price to pair him with one of their FA big name targets such as Bosh.

+Quote Post
2nd_city_saint78...
post Feb 5 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #8

12th Man

Member No.: 183

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 4 2010, 06:27 PM) *
Now there is talk about a Ray Allen for Kirk Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas, Jerome James swap. I don't know how I feel on this one. I think I'd do it because we desperately need a 3 point shooter and obviously Allen's 18 million dollar contract expires but Kirk and Tyrus is quite a bit of talent to give up for someone who's old as hell and on the last year of his contract. Not to mention we lose whatever defense we had with Kirk and Tyrus, but we gain a pure shooter and a perfect compliment to Rose. There was also talk of after making this trade the Bulls would be happy to resign Allen at a lower price to pair him with one of their FA big name targets such as Bosh.

I'd do it, look at it this way yes this year its old man Allen for Kirk and T2 but next year its got the potential to be those 2 for 2 big FA.

Wait a sec i just read the last sentence hmmmmmm now i dont like. Just looked up Ray and Kirks stats and this year Kirk is putting up a better 3P%, yes i know hes close to a career .400 shooter but this year hes at .338, where as kirk is at a .358 clip plus I believe hes a better defender and is a PG.

If we dont have the money to sign 2 big name FA like Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh which is ideal then id rather go in there with a Bosh & Kirk...unless Kirk has to be dealt to clear money for bosh.

On a side note this is my first post here in awhile and man is this place weak or what???? anyone know of a better bulls message board.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 5 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #9

Superstar

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 5 2010, 01:20 PM) *
If we dont have the money to sign 2 big name FA like Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh which is ideal then id rather go in there with a Bosh & Kirk...unless Kirk has to be dealt to clear money for bosh.

If...Kirk is dealt, Salmons opts out, and the Bulls rescind their Q.O. to Tyrus, it's possible that they could be able to offer 2 max deals. 3 big ifs there.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Feb 5 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #10

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Feb 5 2010, 01:30 PM) *
If...Kirk is dealt, Salmons opts out, and the Bulls rescind their Q.O. to Tyrus, it's possible that they could be able to offer 2 max deals. 3 big ifs there.

Unless the Bulls make a deal for Amare or someone like that they have no chance at a title this year and without enough cap room they have no title chances next year either b/c they won't have enough to even offer a top free agent a max salary.

With Allen, they Bulls would get a great 3 point shooter and a great expiring contract. I doubt the Celtics would deal Allen for Kirk/Tyrus but they might considering that they'll probably dump Rasheed next year. If they did that they could play Tyrus at the 3 or 4 and Kirk would pair nicely with Rondo. This would be a win for the Bulls even if they can't clear up enough to sign 2 max free agents. Just having the ability to sign one max and another very good free agent is an upgrade over not being able to sign a single max and keeping Kirk and Tyrus.

I'd even throw in a 2nd round pick to make things better b/c we don't do a great job with our 2nd round drafting anyway.

What I'd prefer to do is trade for Amare now. If we can trade Deng/Taj/& Jerome James expiring contract for Amare & Grant Hill I'd be all over it. Then we could swap Kirk & Tyrus and a pick for Allen and we'd be able to pursue Lebron or Wade next year.

Overnight we'd go from no chance to title contenders.

And with such a well balanced starting lineup we'd still be very competitive in the playoffs this year while also being able to give Johnson more development minutes.

Noah/Miller
Amare
Hill/Johnson
Allen
Rose

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 6 2010, 05:19 PM
Post #11

Superstar

Stoudemire says he's leaning towards NOT opting out of his contract. If the Bulls were to deal for him expecting to be able to maintain cap space when he opts out, and thus be able to offer 2 large deals by using Amare's bird rights, that would kill any chance of that happening.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 6 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #12

Superstar

Yeah I just have a feeling Amare still isn't going anywhere. And if he is it'll be Philidelphia because the 6'ers have the piece the Suns desperately want (Iguadola). I also just can't see Boston getting rid of Ray Allen. I don't know what the Bulls are going to do but I know they will probably try to get rid of Tyrus and Salmons if they can.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Feb 10 2010, 12:58 PM
Post #13

6th Man

Member No.: 1,947

I don't see the Bulls going after a star at the deadline- unless it's Bosh...but Toronto will NEVER trade him to the Bulls unless it were a sign and trade type scenario in the off-season.

The Bulls will unload as much salary as they can (Hinrich...maybe Salmons) and hope to chase two of the mega free agents this off-season. To be honest...I really like the Bulls chances in getting that done.

+Quote Post
Cowch
post Feb 10 2010, 03:47 PM
Post #14

Bench

Member No.: 64

Is anyone sensing somewhat of a letdown? Or do you guys think the Bulls WILL get one of Lebron, Bosh, Wade?

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 10 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #15

Superstar

QUOTE (Cowch @ Feb 10 2010, 03:47 PM) *
Is anyone sensing somewhat of a letdown? Or do you guys think the Bulls WILL get one of Lebron, Bosh, Wade?

Lebron is almost definitely going to stay in Cleveland IMO. I'm thinking DWade stays as well (Why would anyone want to leave South beach?) Bosh is defintely gone. He will not want to stay in Canada. I'm hopefully we will be able to get either Bosh or DWade but I have a feeling were going to end up with either Joe Johnson or David Lee. That would be a huge disappointment.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:31 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home