IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Would you rather have playoffs or another lottery, lottery pick or playoffs?
would you rather make the playoffs or have a 2nd lottery pick.
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
The Dude Abides
post Apr 5 2006, 09:24 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 65

I would definitely rather make the playoffs. I want my team to win and I would never cheer for them to loose just to move a few picks higher in a mediocre draft. I understand that we will most likely not beat the Pistons(ok, we won't) but I would still rather see 4 or 5 more Bulls games and give this young team playoff experience. It will only help them out in the long run...plus it would be good to revive the Bulls-Pistons rivalry...Anyone else remember how cool that rivalry was?

Heck...we could even move into the 7th spot if we really turn it on here in the next 2 weeks...Miami has more talent, but they are vulnerable...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Apr 5 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

As of now, playoffs.

A week and a half ago, give me the pick.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Apr 5 2006, 10:48 PM
Post #3

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

with a little luck... the 6th seed isn't completely out of the question ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
bschmaranz
post Apr 5 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #4

Bench

Member No.: 59

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 5 2006, 09:28 PM)
As of now, playoffs.

A week and a half ago, give me the pick.

A week ago, we had almost the same exact question asked and I said lottery. But now, I'm leaning towards the playoffs.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Apr 6 2006, 12:36 AM
Post #5

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Apr 5 2006, 11:15 PM)
A week ago, we had almost the same exact question asked and I said lottery. But now, I'm leaning towards the playoffs.

amazing what a few wins strung together can do for a fan's confidence... cool.gif

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Apr 6 2006, 06:20 AM
Post #6

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Playoffs. ALWAYS playoffs. For a young team, even a 3 game sweep is priceless experience towards their growth. Experiencing the playoff intensity of a champion really gives them something to focus on in the off-season, and gives them a goal during the regular season.

+Quote Post
Da Bulls 88
post Apr 6 2006, 08:09 AM
Post #7

12th Man

Member No.: 76

Playoffs. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Iguana
post Apr 6 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #8

Rookie

Member No.: 91

I'll go playoffs. cheers.gif

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Apr 6 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #9

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Once you get down past the top 6-7 picks in most drafts, it becomes a matter of your people's skills in evaluating talent anyway. You can strike gold in the teens almost as easily as you would if we lost a bunch of games and got the 8th-9th pick. It's just a matter of finding the right people. After leapfrogging Philly last night, we're now in the 13th draft spot, and tied with Utah in the win column. We're also 3 wins ahead of Houston, who is in the 11th spot, so even if Philly passed us, we'd still only move from about the 13th spot to the 12th spot. And a few more losses by Utah or NOK may push us into 14th too. But is the difference between picking 12th and picking 14th worth not going to the playoffs? Hell no. If we could push ourselves up to 7th, maybe, but we're long past that point.

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Apr 6 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #10

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

Playoffs by far.

Being the 9th in the East and 8th in the East won;t change the draft pick very much

+Quote Post
Nocioni 5
post Apr 6 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #11

Rookie

Member No.: 100

Playoffs easily!

and good point WHarris 1, the 8th and 9th seed isn't that big of a dropoff. Heck I think the Bulls could sneak into the 7th seed, maybe even the 6th.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 6 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #12

All-Star

Member No.: 43

I personally don't see much value in either, so I'm indifferent. Unless they get really lucky in the lottery, that pick will probably be in the 11-13 range instead of 14-16, which is a negligible difference. On the other hand, getting steamrolled by Detroit or Miami IMO doesn't really help a team that already has some playoff experience from last year.

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Apr 6 2006, 11:01 PM
Post #13

Bench

Member No.: 27

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 6 2006, 06:13 AM)
Playoffs. ALWAYS playoffs. For a young team, even a 3 game sweep is priceless experience towards their growth. Experiencing the playoff intensity of a champion really gives them something to focus on in the off-season, and gives them a goal during the regular season.

Psst...they made the playoffs last year (and basically choked).

Please tell me how they gained from that because I've seen more regression than I expected. Even though some regression was expected because of a lack of a frontcourt, tyson didn't help the cause by getting worse. Not sure what his focus this past off-season was, but it clearly wasn't to improve any part of his game...And they also have not closed out games they should have this year, something they were better at least year.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Apr 6 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #14

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 6 2006, 10:54 PM)
Psst...they made the playoffs last year (and basically choked).

Please tell me how they gained from that because I've seen more regression than I expected. Even though some regression was expected because of a lack of a frontcourt, tyson didn't help the cause by getting worse. Not sure what his focus this past off-season was, but it clearly wasn't to improve any part of his game...And they also have not closed out games they should have this year, something they were better at least year.

How did they choke? They had injuries to Deng and Curry and still managed to win 1 or 2 games.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Apr 7 2006, 01:40 AM
Post #15

Bench

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 6 2006, 10:58 PM)
How did they choke? They had injuries to Deng and Curry and still managed to win 1 or 2 games.

I think he is saying they choked because we won the first 2 games than lost the rest.... and in game 5 Arenas made the game winner over Tyson's outstretched arm and in game 6 we chocked it away

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 07:07 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home