Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Mar 30 2006, 05:05 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Thank God...for a few weeks there I came this close to questionning my sexuality...

+Quote Post
Jeckle2000
post Mar 31 2006, 12:31 AM
Post #3

NBDL

Group: Members
Member No.: 95

It does make the players who wear them look gay...

It is ok to say gay still isn't it?

+Quote Post
greasywheels121
post Mar 31 2006, 07:14 AM
Post #4

12th Man

Member No.: 11

It'd be best to not.

+Quote Post
Goldmember
post Mar 31 2006, 08:24 AM
Post #5

12th Man

Member No.: 20

i agree with jeck. these guys look extremely idiotic in their tights...

+Quote Post
CubbiesFan07
post Mar 31 2006, 10:05 AM
Post #6

Tyrus Thomas's #1 Fan

Member No.: 94

i dont know, if it makes em play better, let it go i guess.

i mean look @ iverson and his entire arm sleeve. if they want to use the tights, i say np, let em

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Mar 31 2006, 11:59 AM
Post #7

All-Star

Member No.: 3

They may look stupid, but the players where these because it helps there bodies recover for the next game as well as helps keep there muscles warm to prevent cramping and injuries.

The NBA needs to stop worrying about trivial things like this and start trying to fix the real problem: The lack of fundementals in this league.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 31 2006, 01:49 PM
Post #8

All-Star

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 31 2006, 11:52 AM)
They may look stupid, but the players where these because it helps there bodies recover for the next game as well as helps keep there muscles warm to prevent cramping and injuries.

The NBA needs to stop worrying about trivial things like this and start trying to fix the real problem: The lack of fundementals in this league.

Not to mention they don't even enforce the basketball rules they have now... people aren't quitting watching basketball because the guys on the bench are wearing sweats and the guys on the court are wearing tights... Ratings are slipping because the NBA game is rough to watch. Enforce the rules on traveling, don't let guys get fouled everytime they touch the ball, make players quit setting illegal screens, and clutching and grabbing etc. That will fix the game quicker than getting rid of tights under a uni. bang.gif

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Mar 31 2006, 03:15 PM
Post #9

Bench

Member No.: 27

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 31 2006, 11:52 AM)

The NBA has to put there foot down before it gets out of hand. And they'll still be allowed as long as they can medically prove that they need it.

If wearing a full-body suit similar a speedskating suit under their uniforn helps optimal performance, would you be in favor of that? What if someone feels that they play better shirtless?

It was meant as a fashion statement. The NBA, in its full right, is making sure everyone adheres to their uniforms rules. I like it.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Mar 31 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #10

All-Star

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 31 2006, 01:08 PM)
The NBA has to put there foot down before it gets out of hand. And they'll still be allowed as long as they can medically prove that they need it.

If wearing a full-body suit similar a speedskating suit under their uniforn helps optimal performance, would you be in favor of that? What if someone feels that they play better shirtless?

It was meant as a fashion statement. The NBA, in its full right, is making sure everyone adheres to their uniforms rules. I like it.

Jerry Stackhouse was the first player to wear him and he was wearing them because of an injury. Kobe did the same. They noticed that it helps there bodies recover.

Its a medical thing, not a style issue. Maybe a few players copy them because of it, but the vast majority of the players aren't wearing those fruity things. I play basketball in a league every Saturday and so far I've yet to see anyone sporting those skirt like things either.

That said if its better for there health fine, but not wearing a shirt is not better for your health.

+Quote Post
CubbiesFan07
post Mar 31 2006, 03:50 PM
Post #11

Tyrus Thomas's #1 Fan

Member No.: 94

good point chisoxfn, i agree

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Mar 31 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #12

Bench

Member No.: 27

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 31 2006, 03:19 PM)
Jerry Stackhouse was the first player to wear him and he was wearing them because of an injury. Kobe did the same. They noticed that it helps there bodies recover.

Its a medical thing, not a style issue. Maybe a few players copy them because of it, but the vast majority of the players aren't wearing those fruity things. I play basketball in a league every Saturday and so far I've yet to see anyone sporting those skirt like things either.

That said if its better for there health fine, but not wearing a shirt is not better for your health.

I feel like I keep repeating myself, but like I said, there's still gonna be a few guys who really need it using them because they'll get medical clearance to do so.

Doesn't that make more sense than having to see bogut wear his pantyhose or kobe in his purple ones? I highly doubt kobe is gonna be unable to comfortably ballhog and shoot as usual without them.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Mar 31 2006, 04:34 PM
Post #13

All-Star

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 31 2006, 02:12 PM)
I feel like I keep repeating myself, but like I said, there's still gonna be a few guys who really need it using them because they'll get medical clearance to do so.

Doesn't that make more sense than having to see bogut wear his pantyhose or kobe in his purple ones? I highly doubt kobe is gonna be unable to comfortably ballhog and shoot as usual without them.

The point is he feels that they make him a better player and medically you can give reason for that because they help your muscles stay warm.

I don't see who watches the games and refuses to watch because a guy is wearing tights under his uniform to keep him warm. Big deal, if he's helping you win games whats the difference.

I'd like to think most NBA fans watch the game for the basketball thats played and if they aren't watching the games anymore its because they are sick of how the game has gotten to tick tack (in terms of everything being a foul on a good player) while they refuse to call things like traveling and carryovers.

Its one thing to give players a little slack on offensive moves, but its another thing to flat out hand it to them.

I had no problem with the dress code because I think it helps to make people more professional and the fact is the NBA players are role models and the NBA needs to do what it can to make sure the league is teaching those that look up to athletes the right things.

Obviously there are a lot of things wrong about the NBA, but its still oen of the most popular sports out there and a guy wearing tights isn't a sign of a guy being a hoodlum or anything else.

Its a sign of a man trying to keep warm.

+Quote Post
kapkomet
post Mar 31 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #14

Rookie

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 31 2006, 10:27 PM)
Its a sign of a man trying to keep warm.

And don't hold a man down when he's just trying to keep warm.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Apr 1 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #15

Guests

The one team that wears them for looks is Miluakee. None of there guys have injuries but almost EVERYONE on there team wheres them. the BUCKS should be outlawed of wearing them unless they actually have an injury.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:12 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home