DutheDoduhon21
post May 29 2007, 03:28 PM
Post #1

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

Kobe wants to play for Bulls?
Posted: Tuesday May 29, 2007 05:35AM ET
It's my understanding Kobe recently informed Lakers ownership he'd sanction a trade to one specific team and no other. My source is oblivious to its identity. Logic dictates that team is the Bulls, because there's no way the Lakers would deal him to the Clippers.

i love kobe but i dont think hes what we need right now, i like the backcourt of kirk and BG, and i dont think him and skiles would get along very well, but thats interesting.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post May 29 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Just out of curiosity, could you link to the page so that we can see where that came from?

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post May 29 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #3

Bench

Member No.: 392

They were talking about trading Kobe Bryant on 1st and 10 this afternoon. Someone said a team like the Bulls make sense. And then the other woman said: "Yeah, I think a package of Loul Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Ben Wallace and Ben Gordon could get it done."

I was laughing my ass off!!!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post May 29 2007, 04:44 PM
Post #4

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

its from si truth and rumors

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 29 2007, 05:17 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ May 29 2007, 04:21 PM) *
i love kobe but i dont think hes what we need right now, i like the backcourt of kirk and BG, and i dont think him and skiles would get along very well, but thats interesting.

Thats why Skiles leaves and Phil comes back

+Quote Post
dasox24
post May 29 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #6

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

I would definitely take Kobe on this team as long as we still had Hinrich, Deng, and Wallace. As much as I love Tyrus, I'd be willing to give him up if we were to make a trade of something like Gordon, Tyrus, and the 9th pick for Kobe.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post May 29 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #7

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

kobe is perfect for the bulls plain and simple----he solves 2 of our 3 needs
1) post scoring
2) size in the back court
3) size at the 4/5

he is a better post up player than most (maybe all) of the free agents available

we definately have the players to get a deal done, but it would be damn near impossible to make the salaries work without hinrich or wallace moving....which is unlikey bc clearly the bulls would want to keep kirk to play alongside kobe and send BG instead, and why would the rebuilding lakers want wallace?

Gordon, Nocioni, duhon, khryapa, and #9 and.........a couple more first rounders?
that adds up to 15-18 million in salary plus a couple more first rounders...what does kobe make? 20?

i would hope to hell we could leave deng and tyrus out of these deals, but thanks to noc, sef, and tyrus' uniqueness, deng might be more expendable than TT if we are getting kobe's scoring in return
hinrich/thabo
Kobe/thabo/griffin
Deng/thabo/griffin
tyrus/?
wallace/mle FA

thats the best starting 5 in the league

I cant imagine why the lakers would give up the best player in the league but, as we've seen, kobe gets what he wants

and i definately believe kobe wants to play here-besides the MJ thing, which cannot be overlooked-we are one of the few teams that could give up plenty and still keep enough pieces to compete, we are in the east, which makes getting to the finals INFINITELY easier

kobe wants to win a championship without shaq badly. Going to the east is the best way to make that happen. Going to the bulls is the best team in the east for him to join.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post May 29 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #8

Starter

QUOTE (sport1016 @ May 29 2007, 10:43 PM) *
I cant imagine why the lakers would give up the best player in the league

B/c they are going nowhere with him. They don't have the pieces to acquire a huge name (Bynum is valuable, but who else? Brown? No. Odom? No. Walton? Nope). They need to change things up by adding young, talented players. Plus, they're still in a huge market, and wouldn't lose fans/money like a small-market team with Kobe would if they were to trade him.

If you were a Lakers fan, wouldn't you rather have a lineup of:
Farmar
Gordon
Nocioni
Odom
Bynum
with Walton as your 6th man
#9 pick (someone like Julian Wright, Joakim Noah, or Spencer Hawes)
#19 pick

...than a lineup of:
Farmar
Kobe
Walton
Odom
Bynum
#19 pick

Okay, so they wouldn't be a championship-caliber team, but would definitely make the playoffs. They would have some young pieces to build around, like Farmar, Gordon, and Bynum, and 2 draft picks this year, as well as 2 next year (I'd be more than willing to give up our 1st rounder next year too) Plus, it would give them some much-needed depth, which they don't really have at the moment.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post May 29 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #9

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 29 2007, 11:08 PM) *
B/c they are going nowhere with him. They don't have the pieces to acquire a huge name (Bynum is valuable, but who else? Brown? No. Odom? No. Walton? Nope). They need to change things up by adding young, talented players. Plus, they're still in a huge market, and wouldn't lose fans/money like a small-market team with Kobe would if they were to trade him.

If you were a Lakers fan, wouldn't you rather have a lineup of:
Farmar
Gordon
Nocioni
Odom
Bynum
with Walton as your 6th man
#9 pick (someone like Julian Wright, Joakim Noah, or Spencer Hawes)
#19 pick

...than a lineup of:
Farmar
Kobe
Walton
Odom
Bynum
#19 pick

Okay, so they wouldn't be a championship-caliber team, but would definitely make the playoffs. They would have some young pieces to build around, like Farmar, Gordon, and Bynum, and 2 draft picks this year, as well as 2 next year (I'd be more than willing to give up our 1st rounder next year too) Plus, it would give them some much-needed depth, which they don't really have at the moment.

There's no way that team makes the playoffs in the west. If Seattle can't do it with Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis (they still didn't make it when they were healthy), I don't see how that team does.

I don't really see LA doing it unless they got Deng unless they're a lot more desperate than I think. When you're trading a top-5 talent like Kobe you don't do it without getting at least one star or two future stars back (Shaq was an exception. the first time was a sign-and-trade and the other was a special circumstance, and they still got Odom and Butler).

The Bulls need at least $15 mil to make it work financially, so I would guess what they'll be asking for is something like Hinrich, Deng, Tyrus, and #9, with the closest thing that might actually happen being something like Kirk/Gordon, Noc, #9, and Tyrus or Thabo (possibly a future pick if they get Tyrus).

+Quote Post
dasox24
post May 30 2007, 12:45 AM
Post #10

Starter

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 29 2007, 11:49 PM) *
I don't really see LA doing it unless they got Deng unless they're a lot more desperate than I think.

Fair enough. If Deng had to be apart of a trade, I might even give up Gordon and Deng to get Kobe, but if we did make that trade, I guess somehow salaries would have to match, so that wouldn't work. I'd definitely rather keep Hinrich b/c (regardless of the hate he sometimes gets) he's a damn good PG, something that a lot of teams in the association don't have. Maybe we could throw in Nocioni in a sign and trade (to up the salaries) and get Andrew Bynum back. I really like Bynum, and he would be that low-post scorer we need. Then, we could use the #9 pick on a SF like Julian Wright, Jeff Green, or Corey Brewer to take over for Deng, and use the MLE on a big man FA, and we have ourselves a very good team without the weaknesses (small backcourt and no low-post scorer) of this year's team.

PG- Hinrich/Duhon
SG- Kobe/Sefolosha
SF- Draft Pick/Griffin
PF- Bynum/TT/FA
C- Wallace/TT/FA

Not a bad lineup at all. I think it's better than this year's.

+Quote Post
RME JICO
post May 30 2007, 06:52 AM
Post #11

Bench

Member No.: 14

What is Kobe's salary? I think that would be the biggest hurdle, unless he did a sign & trade and took less money.

I would easily give up Gordon, Noc, Duhon, and the draft pick for him.

Kobe with Kirk, Luol, and Big Ben would be sweet.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post May 30 2007, 10:48 AM
Post #12

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (RME JICO @ May 30 2007, 07:45 AM) *
What is Kobe's salary? I think that would be the biggest hurdle, unless he did a sign & trade and took less money.

I would easily give up Gordon, Noc, Duhon, and the draft pick for him.

Kobe with Kirk, Luol, and Big Ben would be sweet.

It comes out to like $19.5 mil a year, so the Bulls would need to send at least $15 mil to make it work financially.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post May 30 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #13

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 30 2007, 09:41 AM) *
It comes out to like $19.5 mil a year, so the Bulls would need to send at least $15 mil to make it work financially.

And unless we can convince the Lakers that Noc is a $10 mil player, that basically means that Wallace or Hinrich needs to be included, as far as I understand things, because they're the only 2 with Salary figures in the $10 mil range for this season. If I understand things correctly, even if we resign Deng or Gordon to a higher figure, I believe they still would count for their current salary for this trade, so they just can't be used to cover salary.

SI.com:

BREAKING NEWS Kobe Bryant says he wants to be traded by the Lakers.

ESPN Link
The story lines that have engulfed the Los Angeles Lakers in the last week hit a crescendo Wednesday when Kobe Bryant said he would welcome a trade.

"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind?

"No," Bryan said. "I just want them to do the right thing."
Bryant was left "beyond furious" by a report in Tuesday's Los Angeles Times that read, "as a Lakers insider notes, it was Bryant's insistence on getting away from Shaquille O'Neal that got them in this mess."

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post May 30 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #14

6th Man

Member No.: 65

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 29 2007, 03:57 PM) *
Just out of curiosity, could you link to the page so that we can see where that came from?

yeah, trading our entire starting lineup could get it done. that woman and 99.9% of anyone who espn puts on tv is an idiot.

realistically, any trade for Kobe is going to have to include Deng. In my mind Deng is untradeable, however, for Kobe that would be reasonable.

I think a package of deng, Gordon, Wallace and the Knicks pick could get it done. We would have to put in Wallace bc of salary and Gordon wouldnt have a place here with Kobe anyways.

Pax has proven he is a jedi...If Kobe wants to come to chicago and enforces that stance, we could possibly get it done without including Deng, but I doubt it.

The starting lineup would be
PG:Hinrich
SG:Bryant
SF: Noch
PF:Tyrus
C: Brown/FA/Someone from the lakers thrown in trade?

If Pax can pull this off and keep Deng....That would be amazing to see them play side by side and have Hinrich run the point.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post May 30 2007, 03:05 PM
Post #15

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

If Kobe wants to be traded the Bulls are the perfect destination (young assets, in the east)

I still don't see why the lakers couldnt get JO or KG or Gasol to help Kobe, but to get them they'd have to gut their nonexistent depth and still might not have enough to compete with the super teams out west...despite the fans threatening to mutiny, their best option might be to go young to peak in a few years when duncan and nash FINALLY slow down

we do not need to trade Krich or Wallace to get to 15 million

PLAYER--------------WHY
Gordon-4 million SG for SG, will make good young inside outside duo with bynum
Duhon-3.2 million Need help at PG, need D in backcourt, plus expiring contract
Khryapa-1.8 million they like combo forwards (odom, walton, radmonovic)...expiring contract
Nocioni-5-7 million sign and trade-steps in for Walton, whos contract is up, noc is better at both ends
future 1st rounders young rebuilding teams want flexibility to make future deals, they'll want future 1sts

that's over 15 million in salary

WHY WOULD THE LAKERS DO THIS?
A Gordon Bynum combo is both intriguing and youthful, and noc is good enough to be the 3rd/4th option on any team. This would allow odom to become more of the distributor he was b4 playing with kobe and give them a good inside outside game (Noc and BG are among best 3pt shooters in league) that could emerge in full force in a few years. Though they may see Duhon as more than just an expiring contract, and a possible long term solution backing up farmar, he and khyapa's 5 million in expiring contracts is appealing. Now armed with plenty of assets (BG, Noc, Bynum, Farmar, turiaf, odom) those future 1sts could help facilitate future deals

WHY NOT?
Unless they resign duhon, this is basically BG and Noc and future late 1sts for Kobe. For another star that might be enough, but for the game's best player it might not be. They got Odom and Butler for an aging shaq, so they'd probably ask for one of Deng, TT, or sef as well. They will ask for TT, and that scares me.

We cannot give them TT. He is our most unique player and a proven game changer. As for Deng, Sef can step in and be a defensive stopper at sf. TT found ways to score all year based solely on athleticism and could transcend the game on the defensive end. He is going to be a shot blocking machine. A machine.

We get a championship caliber rotation, best backcourt in the nba, and they get a good young core to compete in a few years
Hinrich/Sef
Kobe/sef
Deng/sef/griffin
TT/FA MLE-maybe someone who wants a championship gives us a discount
Wallace/FA or draft pick

farmar/duhon
Gordon/Vujacic
Noc/Radmonovic/evans
Odom/Turiaf/cook
Bynum/Kwame

3 proven scorers (gordon, noc, and odom, with two guys who could be stars down the line (Bynum, and farmar) and an excellent bench (Radmonovic! turiaf, duhon, evans, cook)

we'd be the favorites for 08, plain and simple

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:57 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home