Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Make a Bold Prediction
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 12 2008, 01:22 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

Can be either good or bad, but something about the Bulls season.. I'll start!

Bold Prediction: I predict that Thabo Sefolosha will be the Bull's best player by the end of the season. ph34r.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 12 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #2

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 12 2008, 02:22 PM) *
Can be either good or bad, but something about the Bulls season.. I'll start!

Bold Prediction: I predict that Thabo Sefolosha will be the Bull's best player by the end of the season. ph34r.gif

That is the dumbest prediction ever but if you are right that means that Gordon & Deng will have signed somewhere else and or that Vinny D is dumb enough to give hm that many minutes.

But I do hope Thabo has significantly gotten better and if he does turn out to be better than Deng or Gordon then that's a welcome plus. Defensive player likely but best overall not a chance.

I'll make a prediction. Unless the Bulls pull off a big trade they don't make the playoffs for the 2nd consecutive season. How's that prediction. Teams that all got better or were already better while the Bulls didn't do much besides get Rose who likely won't play as much as he should b/c they don't seem willing to part with Kirk:

1. Boston: They didn't get Maggette but they did add Patrick O'Bryant who gives them another big off the bench. They also drafted Bill Walker. They might lose Posey which would hurt but they have good young players off the bench to back-up the great starting lineup. They'll reign somewhere at the top of the East for at least 2 more years.

2. Philadelphia: They came on late in the year and the addition of Brand gives them exactly what they needed. Not to mention the will see huge improvement from Thaddeous Young and Louis Williams (if they keep him) this year and Iguodala should be much better as well. They drafted Marcus Speights who will be a nice addition and Jason Smith should continue to improve. The 76ers have a great starting 5 and the other players coming off the bench will also produce. It's amazing how fast this team has turned around since losing A.I. The only negative was that they had to give up a Carney to the T-Wolves in order to clear cap room to add Brand.

3. Orlando: Dwight is a year older. Enough said. But I'll go on. The additions of Michael Pietrus was huge b/c I think he's an underrated talent and the drafting of Courtney Lee was perfect (b/c both moves give them the option to trade Hedo if they want to get another big or a better PG). But the biggest reason why the Magic will be better is b/c Tony Battie should be back at the PF spot next year. While his stats have never been impressive his is a very solid defensive 4. But by being back it means that Lewis will move back to the 3 where he belongs and Hedo to can play the 2 or the can trade him and they'll have Pietrus/Lee/Bogans at the 2. The Magic with Lewis, Hedo, Lee, Bogans, Redick, Nelson, & Pietrus are arguably the best 3 point shooting team in the league now and are just a good distributing PG away from being great if they aren't already.

4. Detroit: They are a year older but that also means their young core will be even better and will bolster an already deep bench into probably the league deepest bench. Stucky, Maxiel, Afflalo, & Amir Johnson will be huge for the Pistons next season. And the Piston's are still actively looking to get better via trade.

5. Washington: They re-signed their core and if they stay healthy and return to form that is enough to let them compete for a top 4 spot in the East. Etan Thomas should be back which gives them another productive big (but after how Haywood played last year I'm not sure that's a good think for the Wizards). Butler really blossomed last year and Nick Young & Blatche will blossom this year. Their bench with Daniels, Young, Thomas, Blatche will be very good.

6. Toronto: The trade for O'neal could be the smartest move they've made in a while or it could backfire. I think it will work out b/c I think O'neal didn't want to try his last couple of seasons with the Pacers. He personally said he felt like he was dying in Indiana b/c he didn't think they had a chance to win a title. Now he feels revived. Watch out b/c the twin towers could be a lot better than people think.

7. Miami: Wade should be healthy, Marion appears to be staying although trade rumors continue to swirl, and they added Beasley who looks like he could be a force in his rookie year. The Heat appear ready to jump back into the mix in the East. Mario Chalmers also has had a great summer league and could produce for them this season. They still need another big and probably another PG but they will be much improved this season.

8. Cleveland: They did nothin notworthy this off-season but they have the King and that is enough to get them in the top 8.

9. Charlotte: If they keep Okafor they could be a top 6 team in the East if coach Brown is serious and can work his magic. They have great young players and should be getting May & Morrison back which will be huge. The addition of DJ Augustine will be huge b/c he will allow them to play a different type game and he is an effective outside shooter. They have a great starting 5 if they keep Okafor & May comes back (Okafor, May, Wallace, Richardson, Felton/DJ). Plus they'll have dangerous shooters off the bench with Morrison, Carroll, likely DJ.

10. Atlanta: They made no big moves but they proved at the end of last season that they were already better than an 8th place team. 1 more year of maturing will go a long way for the young Hawks. Bibby & Horford proved to be what they were missing and they should see improvements out of Marvin Williams, Acie Law, Josh Smith (assuming he stays which I think he will), & Horford.

11. Milwaukee: They made moves to become better and added Skiles who took an underachieving Bulls to the playoffs before fizzling out. He could do the same with the Bucks. They added Richard Jefferson (the Bulls killer) & rookie Joe Alexander which makes them rock solid at SF. They have a great SG in Redd, good young PG's in Williams & Sessions, & a good young PF in Charlie V.

Then you have other teams like Indiana & New Jersey that will be tough to gauge. Both have good young players but I think New Jersey could be great in a few years and they could be better sooner than later.

The only team the Bulls for sure will be better than is the Knicks. They'll likely finish better than Charlotte & New Jersey but there is no guarantee.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 12 2008, 11:48 PM
Post #3

Superstar

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 12 2008, 04:51 PM) *
That is the dumbest prediction ever but if you are right that means that Gordon & Deng will have signed somewhere else and or that Vinny D is dumb enough to give hm that many minutes.

But I do hope Thabo has significantly gotten better and if he does turn out to be better than Deng or Gordon then that's a welcome plus. Defensive player likely but best overall not a chance.

I'll make a prediction. Unless the Bulls pull off a big trade they don't make the playoffs for the 2nd consecutive season. How's that prediction. Teams that all got better or were already better while the Bulls didn't do much besides get Rose who likely won't play as much as he should b/c they don't seem willing to part with Kirk:

1. Boston: They didn't get Maggette but they did add Patrick O'Bryant who gives them another big off the bench. They also drafted Bill Walker. They might lose Posey which would hurt but they have good young players off the bench to back-up the great starting lineup. They'll reign somewhere at the top of the East for at least 2 more years.

2. Philadelphia: They came on late in the year and the addition of Brand gives them exactly what they needed. Not to mention the will see huge improvement from Thaddeous Young and Louis Williams (if they keep him) this year and Iguodala should be much better as well. They drafted Marcus Speights who will be a nice addition and Jason Smith should continue to improve. The 76ers have a great starting 5 and the other players coming off the bench will also produce. It's amazing how fast this team has turned around since losing A.I. The only negative was that they had to give up a Carney to the T-Wolves in order to clear cap room to add Brand.

3. Orlando: Dwight is a year older. Enough said. But I'll go on. The additions of Michael Pietrus was huge b/c I think he's an underrated talent and the drafting of Courtney Lee was perfect (b/c both moves give them the option to trade Hedo if they want to get another big or a better PG). But the biggest reason why the Magic will be better is b/c Tony Battie should be back at the PF spot next year. While his stats have never been impressive his is a very solid defensive 4. But by being back it means that Lewis will move back to the 3 where he belongs and Hedo to can play the 2 or the can trade him and they'll have Pietrus/Lee/Bogans at the 2. The Magic with Lewis, Hedo, Lee, Bogans, Redick, Nelson, & Pietrus are arguably the best 3 point shooting team in the league now and are just a good distributing PG away from being great if they aren't already.

4. Detroit: They are a year older but that also means their young core will be even better and will bolster an already deep bench into probably the league deepest bench. Stucky, Maxiel, Afflalo, & Amir Johnson will be huge for the Pistons next season. And the Piston's are still actively looking to get better via trade.

5. Washington: They re-signed their core and if they stay healthy and return to form that is enough to let them compete for a top 4 spot in the East. Etan Thomas should be back which gives them another productive big (but after how Haywood played last year I'm not sure that's a good think for the Wizards). Butler really blossomed last year and Nick Young & Blatche will blossom this year. Their bench with Daniels, Young, Thomas, Blatche will be very good.

6. Toronto: The trade for O'neal could be the smartest move they've made in a while or it could backfire. I think it will work out b/c I think O'neal didn't want to try his last couple of seasons with the Pacers. He personally said he felt like he was dying in Indiana b/c he didn't think they had a chance to win a title. Now he feels revived. Watch out b/c the twin towers could be a lot better than people think.

7. Miami: Wade should be healthy, Marion appears to be staying although trade rumors continue to swirl, and they added Beasley who looks like he could be a force in his rookie year. The Heat appear ready to jump back into the mix in the East. Mario Chalmers also has had a great summer league and could produce for them this season. They still need another big and probably another PG but they will be much improved this season.

8. Cleveland: They did nothin notworthy this off-season but they have the King and that is enough to get them in the top 8.

9. Charlotte: If they keep Okafor they could be a top 6 team in the East if coach Brown is serious and can work his magic. They have great young players and should be getting May & Morrison back which will be huge. The addition of DJ Augustine will be huge b/c he will allow them to play a different type game and he is an effective outside shooter. They have a great starting 5 if they keep Okafor & May comes back (Okafor, May, Wallace, Richardson, Felton/DJ). Plus they'll have dangerous shooters off the bench with Morrison, Carroll, likely DJ.

10. Atlanta: They made no big moves but they proved at the end of last season that they were already better than an 8th place team. 1 more year of maturing will go a long way for the young Hawks. Bibby & Horford proved to be what they were missing and they should see improvements out of Marvin Williams, Acie Law, Josh Smith (assuming he stays which I think he will), & Horford.

11. Milwaukee: They made moves to become better and added Skiles who took an underachieving Bulls to the playoffs before fizzling out. He could do the same with the Bucks. They added Richard Jefferson (the Bulls killer) & rookie Joe Alexander which makes them rock solid at SF. They have a great SG in Redd, good young PG's in Williams & Sessions, & a good young PF in Charlie V.

Then you have other teams like Indiana & New Jersey that will be tough to gauge. Both have good young players but I think New Jersey could be great in a few years and they could be better sooner than later.

The only team the Bulls for sure will be better than is the Knicks. They'll likely finish better than Charlotte & New Jersey but there is no guarantee.

Um I'm pretty sure that's why its Bold. Whats the point if your not going to go all out? Most bold predictions never amount to anything so theres no reason to get excited about it.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Jul 13 2008, 10:03 AM
Post #4

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 12 2008, 04:51 PM) *
the sky is falling ect.

Wow, who pissed in your cornflakes. Every year teams look great in the offseason then they amount to nothing. This is the way the east shakes up.

Boston
Detroit

then a poo poo platter of teams that struggled to get to .500 a and wouldn't even sniff the playoffs if they were in the West.

Everyone in the East has a solid chance to make a move... including the Bulls.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 13 2008, 10:41 AM
Post #5

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jul 13 2008, 11:03 AM) *
Wow, who pissed in your cornflakes. Every year teams look great in the offseason then they amount to nothing. This is the way the east shakes up.

Boston
Detroit

then a poo poo platter of teams that struggled to get to .500 a and wouldn't even sniff the playoffs if they were in the West.

Everyone in the East has a solid chance to make a move... including the Bulls.

I agree with you that a large group of teams in the east have the potential to make the playoffs or move up from a season ago. I think the Bulls could for sure do that and could even be better than the Pistons. Boston is probably the only for sure team out east b/c the Pistons could implode after another year of missing the finals.

I just think that the Bulls need to make another move to either clear up playing time at the guard position or to get that rock solid post scorer. They need to bring another dynamic to the team that has been missing in order to really leap from non-playoff team to top contender in the east. You could argue that Rose is that missing puzzle piece but I don't think he's enough to get them back to the top in the next 2 seasons. Maybe by the time his 3rd season roles around b/c by then he should be much improved and players like Thabo, Tyrus, Noah and possibly Deng should also be much improved but I just don't see that happening in his first 2 years especially without another superstar on the team to lead the way.

I think we'd be very smart to deal for a guy who can control a game in the 4th quarter. Whether that is a big man or someone like T-Mac that is what we need to do to get back over the hump. The Celtics had 2 of those guys last year in Paul Pierce & KG though Pierce was more the catalyst and KG more the enforcer.

Brand is already out of the equation and unless Okafor demands a trade I don't think many other big men will be on the market. That is why I think trading for T-Mac is the smartest move the organization can make. His playmaking ability and offensive game is something we haven't had since Jordan left. He's great with the ball in his hands which would make the need for a backup PG less important. If we could trade 2 of our guards (Kirk & Ben) or (Kirk & Thabo) and another part like Gooden or Nocioni and future picks to get him and whatever scrub to make contracts match we would be set.

I personally would rather trade Kirk & Thabo but I think Houston would want a better scorer in return which would mean Gordon is a must. If instead they were willing to take Hughes off our hand I would trade them Kirk, Hughes, & Tyrus. But that would be the only situation in which I would want to part with Tyrus.

We'd then have a rock solid lineup of:

Noah
Gooden
Deng
T-mac/Gordon
Rose/Thabo

Anyway, the whole point of this post was to say that we are still missing that player who we can rely to carry the team in the 4th quarter. We have the players who can make shots assuming they aren't traded in Deng & Gordon but I'm not sure how soon Rose will be able to be the man that gets them the open shot. I think it will take a little time and it would help him significantly if he had a player of T-Mac ability on the court to either free space up for him or for him to be able to pass the ball to since T-Mac is an elite level finisher.

+Quote Post
ChWRoCk2
post Jul 13 2008, 04:47 PM
Post #6

6th Man

Member No.: 41

Heres my prediction, we miss the playoffs.

Could change pending potential offseason transactions.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 13 2008, 06:34 PM
Post #7

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

Add me to the group of people thinking they're going to miss the playoffs unless they pull of something amazing. They don't seem to know what the hell they're doing in the backcourt, and Rose doesn't appear to be as ready to contribute as I originally thought (initially I was thinking something like 12-4-6, now I'm thinking closer to Deron Williams or Mike Conley). Someone in the backcourt needs to go (I don't strongly care who that is as long as they get something of value), and I'd still like to see one more competent big man added to the roster.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 13 2008, 07:18 PM
Post #8

Superstar

I think this team, at best, can win 44-47 games, but I think it'll be closer to 38 or so.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 13 2008, 09:44 PM
Post #9

All-Star

Member No.: 3

I'll make an initial prediction but it won't be my final one (since there will be at least 4 moves made between now and the start of the season).

Thabo Sefolosha will be the starting 2guard and be thought of as one a "core" piece by the end of the season. Thabo will score 15+ PPG, while playing stellar defense (the scoring will continue to go up as the season progresses with him eventually developing into an 18-21 PPG scorer in this league). I absolutely love Sefolosha. He has the length to drive and get to the rim on all guards and his shot has done nothing but get better (plus he's a very good dribble and very smooth).

Sefolosha/Deng/Rose will eventually be the best back-court in the east.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 13 2008, 09:44 PM
Post #10

All-Star

My other prediction is that Joakim Noah is on another team by seasons end.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jul 14 2008, 09:39 AM
Post #11

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

Derrick Rose will look worse than OJ Mayo.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 14 2008, 09:50 AM
Post #12

All-Star

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jul 14 2008, 10:39 AM) *
Derrick Rose will look worse than OJ Mayo.

Well, Mayo is a better shooter, so that's a huge edge in that comparison. He'll score fairly well right away. The problem is it looks like Rose is going to need an adjustment period to show the sizeable advantages he has in pretty much every other aspect of the game.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 14 2008, 10:44 AM
Post #13

All-Star

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 14 2008, 08:50 AM) *
Well, Mayo is a better shooter, so that's a huge edge in that comparison. He'll score fairly well right away. The problem is it looks like Rose is going to need an adjustment period to show the sizeable advantages he has in pretty much every other aspect of the game.

I really don't know if Rose is that much quicker than Mayo. Rose is a bit more heady of a ballplayer but I think Mayo is the better talent. He's taller, quick, and a much better offensive player. However, Rose is head and shoulder's a better passer.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jul 14 2008, 10:53 AM
Post #14

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 13 2008, 05:47 PM) *
Heres my prediction, we miss the playoffs.

It's supposed to be a bold prediction. This is not that, lol.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 14 2008, 11:06 AM
Post #15

All-Star

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 14 2008, 11:44 AM) *
I really don't know if Rose is that much quicker than Mayo. Rose is a bit more heady of a ballplayer but I think Mayo is the better talent. He's taller, quick, and a much better offensive player. However, Rose is head and shoulder's a better passer.

In the athletic combine maybe, but if you watch them on the floor it's pretty clear that Rose plays with a lot more explosiveness. For lack of a better way to say it, Rose is far quicker with the ball in his hands, which you can possibly attribute to better ball-handling. He's better at blowing by people on the drive and if he's on his game (struggled early in the year and in summer league) he's a better finisher in the paint. He also attacks a lot more and takes advantage of it while Mayo likes to settle for mid-range jumpers. The advantages that Mayo has are that he's a much better shooter and his game has a lot more polish to it (which might be because he's a year older), so at least this year he's a safer bet to put up decent numbers (though I still doubt he has good shooting percentage/turnover numbers because of his decision-making).

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:31 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home