Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trade Scenario...........
FromWayDowntown
post May 15 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #1

10 Day Contract

Group: Members
Member No.: 54

I'd like to see what everyone thinks of this idea....as I live near San Antonio, and I'm from Chicago, maybe there's a way to help out both teams for the present and future.

To San Antonio: Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and the Bulls 2nd pick of the first round pick of '06.

To Chicago: Emanuel Ginobili plus a conditional draft pick in 07, or possibly, POSSIBLY the rights to Luis Scola, PF, Argentina National Team).

How it helps SA: Gives them youth and athleticism. Deng will become a huge understudy from Bruce Bowen, one of the best NBA defenders of this generation. Gordon can come off the bench, or potentially start, for the Spurs, while Brent Barry and Michael Finley can fight among themselves for time at the 2. As evidence in this postseason, although the Spurs are still the team to beat, they look a little on the slow side. Doing this trade helps the Spurs a bit offensively while they can still get a capable, starter-to-be around #16 (Josh Boone or Rudy Fernandez would be a good pick while the Spurs can still work out a sign-and-trade or just a signing of Luis Scola, arguably one of the best ballers not playing state side). Again - youth, athleticism and offensive capabilities that will help the Spurs from double teams when opponents draw to Tim Duncan.

How it helps the Bulls: Although you would give up some considerable offense to the team, you would get a superstar in Manu Ginobili at the 2. This will solve the problems on "who plays the 2". Manu gives you size - 6'6", speed, a LEFT HANDED shot with range, athleticism and creativity in your offensive game, while also giving you a person who is good to great in the defensive area. Manu will become a mentor to the growing Chicago Bulls, helping out Andres Nocioni, his Argentenian teammate, as well as becoming a good, steady influence for teammates such as Kirk Hinrich and Chris Duhon. Also, with either a draft pick from the Spurs in '07 or the rights of Luis Scola, the aforementioned PF, this will add some needed depth for the Bulls. By keeping the 1st of the 2 first round picks in 06, the Bulls can still eye a big man (Tyrus Thomas, LaMarcus Aldridge) to help them out for next year.

*phew* OK gang....what are your thoughts on this? It wouldn't be a Kevin Garnett-type trade, but it was something I was thinking about on the way home from work. It makes sense while the Spurs will be able to save some money under the cap, and it won't hurt the Bulls as much as Manu ONLY makes 8-10 mil a year.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post May 15 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #2

6th Man

Member No.: 65

Not a bad idea, but we would be giving up way too much. Deng is about 2 years away from starting to see his true potential. He could be a star in this league. I love Ginobili, he is one of my favorite nba players...but I think giving up deng, gordon and and a 1st rd is highway robbery.

Both Gordon and Deng have all star potential, I wouldnt give up on either yet. However, I might consider Ginobli for Deng straight up or maybe Deng and our 2nd 1st round pick....

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post May 15 2006, 09:40 PM
Post #3

Guests

srry but when you said deng, i stopped reading. His future is way to bright to just give him up just like that no matter who we get in the deal. Deng IMO is untouchable for atleast 2 more years.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post May 15 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #4

Starter

Member No.: 118

Sounds nice, but also sounds bad..... giving up too much... 2 players that will be good, for a pretty good player....

Its nice, getting Ginobly, but Deng could be beast in the future... and Gordon has shown many flashes that he can be very good in this league.... I do like the idea of having Noc, Manu, and Kirk out there....

+Quote Post
FromWayDowntown
post May 20 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #5

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 54

Okay then....after Ginobili's game last night....what do you guys think now?

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post May 20 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (FromWayDowntown @ May 20 2006, 10:29 AM)
Okay then....after Ginobili's game last night....what do you guys think now?

Simply put... NO

+Quote Post
HoofHearted
post May 20 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #7

Bench

Member No.: 24

"Where do people come up with this spiff"?

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post May 21 2006, 12:22 AM
Post #8

Starter

^getting kinda old....

+Quote Post
HoofHearted
post May 21 2006, 01:38 AM
Post #9

Bench

Member No.: 24

QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 21 2006, 12:15 AM)
^getting kinda old....

Only the second time Ive used it, and these threads are getting VERY old and VERY stupid. "But what else are we supposed to talk about, it's the off-season," yeah thats getting old as well. One can only guess theres gonna be a ton more worthless, unrealistic, and just terrible trade proposals to come, so Ill just stop here and leave the delusional to discuss them from now on.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post May 21 2006, 01:44 AM
Post #10

Starter

Hey, people are bored... thats what we do around here... come up w/ stuff like this... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
rangercal
post May 21 2006, 01:47 AM
Post #11

Bench

Member No.: 7

No to Ginobli...

+Quote Post
beck72
post May 21 2006, 08:35 AM
Post #12

12th Man

Member No.: 62

If the Bulls wanted a lefty 6'6" SG, they'd be better off drafting Brandon Roy. Then the Bulls would still have Deng, Gordon and the 16th pick. With few bigs out there ready to contribute right away, the Bulls might just go with Roy. Roy may not equal Ginobli's numbers. But he shouldn't be far off.

+Quote Post
ChWRoCk2
post May 21 2006, 10:05 AM
Post #13

6th Man

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 21 2006, 03:37 AM)
Hey, people are bored... thats what we do around here... come up w/ stuff like this... biggrin.gif

Yeah you have quite a number of threads about this kind of stuff

+Quote Post
BuLLzDoMaIn
post May 21 2006, 10:32 AM
Post #14

Bench

Member No.: 105

I dont like that trade. Manu isnt even all that.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post May 22 2006, 09:10 AM
Post #15

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

without duncan taking double teams in the paint manu would go the way of penny hardaway post shaq and the like. He'd still be good for us, but i doubt he'd be an all-star caliber player.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:07 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home