Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What does the media see about TT, that us fans dont see
Bullies4Ever
post Jun 28 2006, 10:39 AM
Post #1

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 117

alright guys.. right now im kinda tired of seeing articles that TT will go to the BUlls.. why??? what has the media seen that we havent? why is he so special? people say hes the best athlete... why? why should the bulls pick him when were stacked at the 3 who can also play the 4 for spot up minutes. has the media seen him practice and know something about him that we dont?

discuss fellas bringit.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jun 28 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #2

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

He is not special, he is not worth the #2 pick and I am going to kill someone if we take him.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 28 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #3

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

Supposedly Chad Ford has sources that say we're leaning toward taking him, whatever that's worth. He is a heck of an athlete (he did post 34 inch standing and 39.5 one step verticals at the combine with pretty good agility and speed scores for a guy his size), but that's about it.

As for the hype, he put up a couple of good games in the tournament that everyone saw, so people think he is better than he is. The Duke game wasn't even all that impressive, but that ship has sailed. Any other year he'd go somewhere around #10, but a weak draft combined with considerable hype has sent his stock skyrocketing.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 28 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #4

All-Star

Member No.: 3

Athletism typically wins out in the draft and this guy may very well have a tremendous attitude, tremendous work ethic and considering he's relatively new to the sport of basketball they may feel he's an incredibly quick learner who will really put things together.

Wasn't that the case with Curry (also relatively new to the game of basketball) but at the same time Curry had a 7 foot frame, soft hands, and is a very good athlete for a man his size.

And as far as positions go, if the Bulls want to run a really up tempo game I could see him fitting in and being an undersized 4 (if we truly want to do a whole Phoenix Suns style offense). Problem is I don't think we really have the shooters to sucessfully run that style of offense.

But with Chandler and Thomas in the front court (once Thomas develops) and guys like Deng/Hinrich/Noc/Gordon in the backcourt (on the wings) we would definately be able to run run run.

+Quote Post
s720
post Jun 28 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #5

NBDL

Member No.: 157

If Paxson ended up picking TT, I am all for it. Our knowledge about these players is at best MINIMAL comparing to Paxson and his crew who have studied them day in and out. We should believe in Paxson.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 28 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #6

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (s720 @ Jun 28 2006, 12:09 PM)
If Paxson ended up picking TT, I am all for it. Our knowledge about these players is at best MINIMAL comparing to Paxson and his crew who have studied them day in and out. We should believe in Paxson.

It's just not logical. He's a SF and he's smaller than Rudy Gay. If we want a SF, then pick Gay. He won't help us right away, we need someone to contribute as a rookie, not 3 years down the road.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 28 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #7

All-Star

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (s720 @ Jun 28 2006, 11:09 AM)

That's what I keep telling myself anyways...

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 28 2006, 11:25 AM
Post #8

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2006, 11:01 AM)
Athletism typically wins out in the draft and this guy may very well have a tremendous attitude, tremendous work ethic and considering he's relatively new to the sport of basketball they may feel he's an incredibly quick learner who will really put things together.

Wasn't that the case with Curry (also relatively new to the game of basketball) but at the same time Curry had a 7 foot frame, soft hands, and is a very good athlete for a man his size.

And as far as positions go, if the Bulls want to run a really up tempo game I could see him fitting in and being an undersized 4 (if we truly want to do a whole Phoenix Suns style offense). Problem is I don't think we really have the shooters to sucessfully run that style of offense.

But with Chandler and Thomas in the front court (once Thomas develops) and guys like Deng/Hinrich/Noc/Gordon in the backcourt (on the wings) we would definately be able to run run run.

You're right, we need at least one more player to run that (even after drafting Thomas): a big wing player (at least 6'6") that can shoot from outside, defend virtually anyone on the floor at times, and be at least a decent ball-handler. Roy can probably do everything but shoot, but we can't get him and Thomas, who would also be a key part in that system.

Phoenix can get away with it (at least until they play one of the top teams) because they have a lot of very athletic wing players that can shoot, rebound, and handle the ball. We don't have anything even close to Boris Diaw or Shawn Marion.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 28 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #9

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

We don't have anything even close to Boris Diaw or Shawn Marion.

Andres Nocioni

I feel like i'm being captain obvious here but he has about the same build as those two and a pretty similar inside outside game.

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Jun 28 2006, 12:36 PM
Post #10

Bench

Member No.: 27

QUOTE (s720 @ Jun 28 2006, 11:09 AM)

Then how do you explain all the draft busts every year??

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Jun 28 2006, 12:38 PM
Post #11

Bench

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2006, 11:18 AM)
Phoenix can get away with it (at least until they play one of the top teams) because they have a lot of very athletic wing players that can shoot, rebound, and handle the ball. We don't have anything even close to Boris Diaw or Shawn Marion.

And I luv Kirk but he's nowhere near Nash's league offensively...Nash's ability to pull up and hit a jumper at such a high percentage enables a lot of what he does...

+Quote Post
s720
post Jun 28 2006, 12:41 PM
Post #12

NBDL

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2006, 12:11 PM)
It's just not logical. He's a SF and he's smaller than Rudy Gay. If we want a SF, then pick Gay. He won't help us right away, we need someone to contribute as a rookie, not 3 years down the road.

Don't you think Paxson doesn't know that? We can wish all we want, but if Paxson thought TT is the most logical choice, he will pick him. Whoever he picks, I will support. Watching TT on ESPN last night kind of helped me thinking, "Perhaps, Paxson sees something in TT that us amateurs do not." TT looked awfully good in those video clips!

+Quote Post
s720
post Jun 28 2006, 12:45 PM
Post #13

NBDL

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 28 2006, 01:29 PM)

Between your and Paxson's decisions, I have 100% faith in Paxson! What make you think you have better knowledge regarding these athletes than the people whose job is analyzing, doing hours after hours of researching on these athletes, etc.?

Be serious, Paxson has done a pretty good job so far. And I reiterate: I take Paxson's decision over ANYONE's on this board!

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 28 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #14

All-Star

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 28 2006, 12:29 PM)

Paxson has been pretty solid since he got here when it comes to the draft. The busts pretty much came from the Krause regime.

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Jun 28 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #15

Bench

QUOTE (s720 @ Jun 28 2006, 12:38 PM)
Between your and Paxson's decisions, I have 100% faith in Paxson! What make you think you have better knowledge regarding these athletes than the people whose job is analyzing, doing hours after hours of researching on these athletes, etc.?

Be serious, Paxson has done a pretty good job so far. And I reiterate: I take Paxson's decision over ANYONE's on this board!

Good but not great...and I also don't understand why he's been rather conservative in how he does things until (potentially) now...Aldridge seems like the safer pick in terms of filling a huge team need and being more ready to contribute right away...

And by the way, me > pax when it comes to basketball knowledge. wink.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:50 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home