IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tyrus Thomas suspended 2 games for missing practice.
Balta1701-B
post Mar 5 2008, 08:27 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Great...just what Jim Boylan and all his followers needed...another excuse to lose the kid at the end of the bench. God damnit Tyrus!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Mar 5 2008, 09:06 PM
Post #2

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

there goes any chance of beating the cavs or boston. everything bad that could happen this season has happened.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Mar 5 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #3

Superstar

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Mar 5 2008, 07:15 PM) *
there goes any chance of beating the cavs or boston. everything bad that could happen this season has happened.

Well, no big difficulties with that statement...but I think we could have said that before the suspension. I'm not convinced at all that TT is effective enough to be the difference between victory and defeat with Boston and Cleveland on the roster.

Next year though he could well be at that level. If he ever gets minutes that is.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Mar 5 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I guess I won't be watching for two games..

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Mar 5 2008, 10:27 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Mar 5 2008, 10:15 PM) *

If you think that being without Tyrus is why we'd lose against Cleveland or Boston, you need to re-evaluate your knowledge of the Bulls and of the sport of basketball. And trust me, things can be much worse. Ask Jay Williams about bad things happening.

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Mar 5 2008, 11:01 PM) *
I guess I won't be watching for two games..

You're a joke. Are you a fan of Tyrus Thomas or are you a fan of the Bulls? I'm beginning to think it's the former, not the latter. Feel free to not watch the rest of the season, you might appease some of us. My god.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Mar 5 2008, 10:59 PM
Post #6

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

LaMarcus Aldridge never seemed farther away.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Mar 6 2008, 12:36 AM
Post #7

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Mar 6 2008, 12:08 AM) *
LaMarcus Aldridge never seemed farther away.

We had him, but thought it was worth dealing him to acquire Victor freaking Khryapa. Ugh.

I don't know about you but a lineup of Hinrich/Hughes/Deng/Gooden/Aldridge would look damn good to me, with Noah, Gordon, Noc, Thabo coming off the bench.

+Quote Post
Cowch
post Mar 6 2008, 05:14 AM
Post #8

Bench

Member No.: 64

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 6 2008, 01:45 AM) *
We had him, but thought it was worth dealing him to acquire Victor freaking Khryapa. Ugh.

I don't know about you but a lineup of Hinrich/Hughes/Deng/Gooden/Aldridge would look damn good to me, with Noah, Gordon, Noc, Thabo coming off the bench.

Maybe we could ask for a trade back. laugh.gif

Seriously though, I understand the suspending. If he's not gonna show up, it's better to at least let him know he can't just get away with that. As for losing or winning the next 2 games goes... Tyrus Thomas is definitely not a player capable of outplaying KG or even Rasheed for that matter. He's young, he'll get better. But yeah, 2 games without him probably won't hurt as much as anyone might think. Anyway, I would love to see us win all three of the next games. Probably a pipe dream, but think of how cool that would be. headbang.gif

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 6 2008, 07:15 AM
Post #9

All-Star

Member No.: 21

What an idiot. You get paid millions of dollars to play a game, and you can't be bothered to show up for practice. Genius. I hope he rots on the end of the bench until he actually wakes up to realize that if he got his head out of his ass, he could be the best player on the floor... But then again, he would have to care to do that.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Mar 6 2008, 10:49 AM
Post #10

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

The only thing this impacts is Tyrus' paycheck... he wasn't going to get any minutes anyway.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Mar 6 2008, 11:36 AM
Post #11

Superstar

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 5 2008, 10:45 PM) *

Dude, you know full well the lineup would be Hinrich, Gordon/Hughes, Deng, Gooden, Nocioni. Because you gotta go with the vets. Noah and Aldridge would be splitting 20 minutes between them.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 6 2008, 01:32 PM
Post #12

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Mar 6 2008, 11:45 AM) *
Dude, you know full well the lineup would be Hinrich, Gordon/Hughes, Deng, Gooden, Nocioni. Because you gotta go with the vets. Noah and Aldridge would be splitting 20 minutes between them.

Oh please. You keep ignoring the fact that Aldridge is a far more skilled/polished player than either of them. Had Tyrus put up anything close to 18-8 over the first month when he was starting like Aldridge did it'd be a totally different story. They play the guys that produce consistently, otherwise you wouldn't have ever seen Thabo starting over Gordon like he was through that pre-trade stretch. Oh, and Noah has been averaging over 20 minutes a game since the beginning of January all by himself.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Mar 6 2008, 01:48 PM
Post #13

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 6 2008, 01:41 PM) *
Oh please. You keep ignoring the fact that Aldridge is a far more skilled/polished player than either of them. Had Tyrus put up anything close to 18-8 over the first month when he was starting like Aldridge did it'd be a totally different story. They play the guys that produce consistently, otherwise you wouldn't have ever seen Thabo starting over Gordon like he was through that pre-trade stretch. Oh, and Noah has been averaging over 20 minutes a game since the beginning of January all by himself.

Wait... Zoom, are you telling that despite what Balta eludes to... Tyrus isn't as good as LaMarcus Aldridge??

For shame!

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Mar 6 2008, 04:16 PM
Post #14

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

If you think that being without Tyrus is why we'd lose against Cleveland or Boston, you need to re-evaluate your knowledge of the Bulls and of the sport of basketball. And trust me, things can be much worse. Ask Jay Williams about bad things happening.

im not saying tyrus has the lebron effect, im just saying with the way we are playing we need all of our pieces especially to beat teams like the cavs and celtics, they are both going to be tough games and having tyrus would help alot, we need that energy. we are better when tyrus gets his minutes. dont call me out on my knowledge of the bulls.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Mar 6 2008, 05:50 PM
Post #15

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 5 2008, 10:36 PM) *
You're a joke. Are you a fan of Tyrus Thomas or are you a fan of the Bulls? I'm beginning to think it's the former, not the latter. Feel free to not watch the rest of the season, you might appease some of us. My god.

Sorry bro, didn't mean to hurt your feelings.. :[

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th June 2024 - 03:27 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home