Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bulls @ Hawks, 3/22/11, 7:00 CST, TNT
Balta1701-B
post Mar 22 2011, 07:15 AM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

2nd night of a B2B, national TV, going on the road, tough night.

Celtics are keeping pace with us, so this is truly a big game.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mmmmmbeeer
post Mar 22 2011, 09:22 AM
Post #2

NBDL

Group: Members
Member No.: 327

Will be at the game tonight with some MVP chants for Mr. Rose. First Bulls game I've gotten to go to in a couple years so hopefully they can get through what sets up to be a tough matchup and pull out a win!

+Quote Post
rockren
post Mar 22 2011, 12:01 PM
Post #3

6th Man

Member No.: 1,947

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Mar 22 2011, 10:22 AM) *
Will be at the game tonight with some MVP chants for Mr. Rose. First Bulls game I've gotten to go to in a couple years so hopefully they can get through what sets up to be a tough matchup and pull out a win!

All right! Enjoy the game!

If you get the chance...launch a water balloon at the Atlanta play by play table.

+Quote Post
mmmmmbeeer
post Mar 22 2011, 10:25 PM
Post #4

NBDL

Member No.: 327

QUOTE (rockren @ Mar 22 2011, 02:01 PM) *
If you get the chance...launch a water balloon at the Atlanta play by play table.

lolhitting.gif The Bulls threw some water on those fools with a 47pt lead.

Great atmosphere tonight at the Highlight Factory....TONS of Bulls fans there and, though I'm not sure it was audible on the broadcast, the MVP chants were loud and often. Deng just came out on absolute fire and then Rose kicked it into gear. This is the first time I've gotten to watch DRose in person and 2 things jumped out at me....first, he's much quicker in person than seeing him on TV. Second, I haven't noticed a player having all the fans on the edge of their seats like DRose did in a looong time (I've never seen LeBronze in person). This was my niece's first time at an NBA game and I do believe she'll now be a Bulls fan for life bullssmilie1.jpg

+Quote Post
rockren
post Mar 22 2011, 10:33 PM
Post #5

6th Man

What a thrashing! The Bulls clearly remembered Atlanta celebrating like they won the NBA Championship after the Hawks absolutely stole a game in Atlanta. I wonder if Atlanta is regretting making Joe Johnson the highest paid player in the game? My guess is yeah. Does anyone else remember the Bulls losing the last six games in Atlanta? Me, either.

*The Bulls set the tone from the start, but Thibs set the tone on a quick timeout early when the Bulls were up 15-13 or something like that. Horford screened Rose and Hinrich took off for the hoop, Jo attempted to block Hinrich's layup, caused him to miss and Horford came in and followed the miss with a dunk. Rose just kind of faded to the perimeter on that play instead of putting a body on Horford. Thibs called that timeout just so he could beach at Rose and tell him what a lackadaisical mistake that was. Not that this is anything new, but with Thibs holding DR1 accountable on defense, he's showing everyone has to play hard and play well on that end or Thibs will have issues with you. This team starts and ends on defense as the Bullies are one of the best teams in the league because of it.

*I don't think Rose made another mistake the rest of that game and what a show he put on. I felt horrible for Kirk as there was nothing anyone could do. Rose was untouchable tonight as it didn't matter who was on him. My favorite part of Rose's performance is he didn't force the issue very much- he was a facilitator as much as a scorer and that was just a joy to watch. I know the MVP race has been over for several weeks now, but I loved hearing the constant MVP chants in Atlanta.

*Noah looked back to normal defensively. I'm not sure if that flu ailment or whatever it was last week impacted his performances, but he sure looked a lot sharper tonight help side defending and weak side rebounding. He even looked good offensively as he attacked when he was one on one and the offense was spread...I'll take that when Boozer is on the block crashing the bucket every time.

*Speaking of Boozer, while his stats didn't show it- I thought he did well. He and Jo are looking more comfortable with one another as when Booz gets the ball on the block...Jo knows to run to the other block while he's making his move, helping pull last second double teams away as he crashes the glass. I don't believe Boozer will be the significant option we all assumed he would be- he's still another weapon our offense possesses and more importantly- a safety valve when we can't hit the broad side of the barn. As Booz gets his timing down with Jo on the floor- the sky is the limit for our front court.

*Bravo to our bench again- they continue to put on a show every night. From Watson and Korver nailing jumpers, Brewer flying around, Taj and Asik dominating the paint....we have the best bench in the league.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Mar 22 2011, 10:36 PM
Post #6

6th Man

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Mar 22 2011, 11:25 PM) *
lolhitting.gif The Bulls threw some water on those fools with a 47pt lead.

Great atmosphere tonight at the Highlight Factory....TONS of Bulls fans there and, though I'm not sure it was audible on the broadcast, the MVP chants were loud and often. Deng just came out on absolute fire and then Rose kicked it into gear. This is the first time I've gotten to watch DRose in person and 2 things jumped out at me....first, he's much quicker in person than seeing him on TV. Second, I haven't noticed a player having all the fans on the edge of their seats like DRose did in a looong time (I've never seen LeBronze in person). This was my niece's first time at an NBA game and I do believe she'll now be a Bulls fan for life bullssmilie1.jpg

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for representing us on the road.

As far as those MVP chants being audible....oh they were. Very much so.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Mar 23 2011, 06:49 AM
Post #7

Superstar

That was a whoopin.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Mar 23 2011, 06:44 PM
Post #8

Bench

Member No.: 163

The Bulls are on fire! If im Boston or Miami, im worried sick! Its kind of funny how Boston fans still think they will take out Chicago no problem. (at least thats impression im getting listening to ESPN radio).

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Mar 24 2011, 07:04 AM
Post #9

Superstar

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Mar 23 2011, 08:44 PM) *
The Bulls are on fire! If im Boston or Miami, im worried sick! Its kind of funny how Boston fans still think they will take out Chicago no problem. (at least thats impression im getting listening to ESPN radio).

They have every reason to talk until the Bulls handle them.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Apr 9 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #10

6th Man

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Mar 24 2011, 08:04 AM) *
They have every reason to talk until the Bulls handle them.

How about now?

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Apr 10 2011, 10:41 AM
Post #11

Superstar

QUOTE (rockren @ Apr 9 2011, 11:59 PM) *
How about now?

Playoffs.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 02:25 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home