> Heat @ Bulls - Game 1, Eastern Conference 1st Round
Wanne
post Apr 21 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #106

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 61

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 21 2007, 04:51 PM) *
Oh and Wallace was out last 30 secs of game happy?

Ecstatic! Bulls Win....Sox Win. GREAT FRIGGIN DAY! It's all good man!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 21 2007, 04:07 PM
Post #107

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Great win, Bulls lead the series 1-0.

The GOOD:

Gordon-I had no Idea he had 11 assists, great job running the team
Deng- He is a rising star, how do you guard him?
Wallace- His playoff experience and the extra shots off offensive rebounds helped alot.
Tyrus - His energy, and his shot blocks along with his Alley oop got the momentum going in our favor.
Thabo- HELL OF A JOB guarding D-Wade. He didn't go for his fakes.

Bad:
Kirk
PJ
Defense (at times)

All in all, tough job.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Apr 21 2007, 04:08 PM
Post #108

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

Thabo is the freaking man.

+Quote Post
nocionipipe
post Apr 21 2007, 04:16 PM
Post #109

Draft Pick

Member No.: 219

I'm encouraged for the most part with this victory. I loved Skiles' rotation today; he did a wonderful job with substitutions. I'll bet we hear the same spiff we heard last year at the beginning of the series with Miami crying about the disparity in fouls, specifically offensive fouls. Just like last year, I expect their complaints to have an effect on how the remainder of the series is officiated.

And I'd like to see a whine-off between Detroit and Miami. Both of these teams beach way to much to the refs about every single call. Wade and Shaq are exceptions and that's one reason that I respect both of those guys, but Walker, Payton, etc... mecry.gif mecry.gif mecry.gif mecry.gif mecry.gif mecry.gif mecry.gif

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Apr 21 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #110

Bench

Member No.: 56

I think Shaq got screwed a couple times. His first 2, I think Ben flopped on that first one and than i didn't see the foul on the defensive rebound. The first one I guess has to be a foul but i hate flops.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Apr 21 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #111

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 21 2007, 05:01 PM) *
Thabo is the freaking man.

Damn straight. I was telling everyone when we had Kirk and Duhon in the game and then just Duhon that Skiles is an idiot. I knew Thabo could guard Wade a lot better then either of them.

As much as everyone wants to act like Kirk is the best Wade stopper out there, it's a lie. It's Thabo.

Kirk sucked. It's awesome that Gordon got 11 assists b/c even Kirk w/out foul trouble wouldn't have done that. I wish we'd start Ben Wallace/Nocioni/Deng/Gordon/Sefolosha the rest of the series. That would be hot. But also would never happen.

Maybe this series will make Kirk expendable next year. I really wouldn't mind trading Kirk & some other players for a big man and using that draft pick on Mike Conley. I think that will leave us in a better position for the future both financially and talent wise. Thabo would of course become more important when we play bigger backcourts, but I think our offense would flow a lot better with a true point guard on the floor.

+Quote Post
ChWRoCk2
post Apr 21 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #112

6th Man

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Apr 21 2007, 11:27 PM) *
As much as everyone wants to act like Kirk is the best Wade stopper out there, it's a lie. It's Thabo.

It was one game, Kirk has done a solid job game after game against the Heat on Wade, Thabo stopped him today, lets see how he does tuesday.

+Quote Post
truthandbasketba...
post Apr 22 2007, 05:02 AM
Post #113

6th Man

Member No.: 256

Nice W fellas, lets get another!!!! bullssmilie1.jpg bringit.gif bullssmilie1.jpg bringit.gif bullssmilie1.jpg bringit.gif bullssmilie1.jpg bringit.gif

+Quote Post
Kolsky
post Apr 22 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #114

NBDL

Member No.: 592

I hate to be the Buzzkill, but.....

As much as whining about foul calls sucks I think Shaq has a couple of good points, and as a Bulls fan I worry that we may see some overcompensation by refs in Game 2. At the end of the day, it's not good for the NBA to have Shaq ride pine during the playoffs. Also, isn't anyone worried that basically everything went right for the Bulls – with the sole exception of Hinrich's foul trouble, and I'd say Sefolosha stepped up more than admirably for him – and virtually everything went wrong for the Heat, and we still only won by five on our home court and nearly gave it away down the stretch? I'm happy to get a win, but let's not get too excited - remember last year? Sure, we competed for about 4.72 games of the first-round series, but after that it was a joke. The Heat just turned it on and ran us out of the building.

Then again, Deng, Thabo and Gordon were fantastic, and if Wallace takes one or two less turn-around fadeaway jumpers he'll be doing his job as well. I didn't give the Bulls much of a chance going in, and I still think it's a long shot, but I liked what I saw from a lot of guys... Tuesday's the big one, though, because if we go to Miami tied 1-1 we're in an awful lot of trouble.

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

P.S. While I agree that Thabo was the best defender on Wade yesterday afternoon, let's not get carried away and forget about two or three years of very solid D from Hinrich against Wade - Flash hasn't struggled against the Bulls for 3 years because of Thabo's impending arrival...

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Apr 22 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #115

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (Kolsky @ Apr 22 2007, 10:50 AM) *
I hate to be the Buzzkill, but.....

Also, isn't anyone worried that basically everything went right for the Bulls – with the sole exception of Hinrich's foul trouble, and I'd say Sefolosha stepped up more than admirably for him – and virtually everything went wrong for the Heat, and we still only won by five on our home court and nearly gave it away down the stretch? I'm happy to get a win, but let's not get too excited - remember last year? Sure, we competed for about 4.72 games of the first-round series, but after that it was a joke. The Heat just turned it on and ran us out of the building.

Bah, everything went right? Take a look at the box score... can you remember the bulls ever having a 3 point percentage so low? ... and everything went wrong for the Heat? Did you see Walkers performance? When was the last time he batted a thousand from three point range and at the charity stripe?

+Quote Post
urlacher1285
post Apr 22 2007, 11:25 AM
Post #116

NBDL

Member No.: 739

Im really happy to see our rookies come in and play at such a high level. I mean I love seeing tyrus play, he provides that spark we needed. Selfolosha is nasty. Screw you wade, you can put Selfolosha on your top 5

+Quote Post
scareybullsfan
post Apr 22 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #117

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 68

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 22 2007, 10:44 AM) *
Bah, everything went right? Take a look at the box score... can you remember the bulls ever having a 3 point percentage so low? ... and everything went wrong for the Heat? Did you see Walkers performance? When was the last time he batted a thousand from three point range and at the charity stripe?

I'm glad you made that point, because I was about to do the same thing.

Also, Jason Williams had a few bad looking shots drop down the stretch. Not to mention James Posey doing a top of the ropes clothesline on Gordon in the closing minutes when he bit on the pump fake and had no blocking foul called.

The score should not have been that close.

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Apr 22 2007, 01:06 PM
Post #118

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

Not too mention Antoine Walker had as good of a game as he will ever have.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Apr 22 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #119

Bench

Member No.: 56

Yeah, that will probably be our worse shooting game from the 3 point line in the whole series. It is far from over, but that was a damn good way to start things off.

+Quote Post
MB33
post Apr 22 2007, 09:51 PM
Post #120

6th Man

Member No.: 477

Big props to thabo he did a great job on wade!

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:55 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home