Reply to this topicStart new topic
> JamesOn Curry?, Come on man
Michael Jordan
post Jun 28 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #1

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

We have enough guards and we definitely didn't need another one... who is also UNDERSIZED. Dumb move my pax. Also Aaron Gray??? Please. This was the Worst draft ever.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 28 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

Prepare to get bitched out, big time.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 28 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #3

All-Star

Member No.: 3

Curry was a stellar pick. With Duhon on the way out the Bulls needed another guard and while Curry has some serious question-marks (and should be given very little wiggle room in terms of off the court issues/errors) but can really help this team.

Last year the Bulls bench lacked offensive fire-power (once Gordon was inserted into the lineup and Noc was out most of the year) and Curry will be able to come off the bench and fire shots while Sef can come off the bench and play smothering defense.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 28 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2007, 10:55 PM) *
Curry was a stellar pick. With Duhon on the way out the Bulls needed another guard and while Curry has some serious question-marks (and should be given very little wiggle room in terms of off the court issues/errors) but can really help this team.

Last year the Bulls bench lacked offensive fire-power (once Gordon was inserted into the lineup and Noc was out most of the year) and Curry will be able to come off the bench and fire shots while Sef can come off the bench and play smothering defense.

Word

+Quote Post
Michael Jordan
post Jun 28 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #5

12th Man

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2007, 10:55 PM) *

Why won't duhon be re-signed? Also I just read curry's scouting report, looks like he's a good shooter. I guess if duhon is not coming back than this is a good pick.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 28 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #6

All-Star

QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Jun 28 2007, 09:10 PM) *
Why won't duhon be re-signed? Also I just read curry's scouting report, looks like he's a good shooter. I guess if duhon is not coming back than this is a good pick.

It pretty much a foregone conclusion that he will be dealt (he is under contract), potentially with a Andres Nocioni or someone else for a different asset. The Bulls apparently weren't too pleased about his late night habits (first I heard of Duhon being a partier was this off-season, so it was kept under wraps for most of his career) and obviously him showing up late from time to time this season.

One possibility could be a deal with the Cavs who had interest in Duhon back when he was an RFA.

+Quote Post
BigBen
post Jun 28 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #7

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 186

QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Jun 28 2007, 11:10 PM) *

Duhon won't be re-signed because the team is pissed that he cares more about partying and getting drunk than showing up for practice on time.

HE GAWN.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 28 2007, 10:24 PM
Post #8

All-Star

QUOTE (BigBen @ Jun 28 2007, 09:14 PM) *
Duhon won't be re-signed because the team is pissed that he cares more about partying and getting drunk than showing up for practice on time.

HE GAWN.

Am I mistaken when I think he's still under contract (although I think the rest of what you said is accurate and its part of the reason he'll be gone...that and I think they can use him to get a piece that fills a more important need).

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 28 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #9

Superstar

Member No.: 12

Yes, Duhon is still under contract.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 29 2007, 12:58 AM
Post #10

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

he's got 1 year left at 3.26 million

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post Jun 29 2007, 02:16 AM
Post #11

Bench

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2007, 10:54 PM) *
Prepare to get bitched out, big time.

your avy just made me laugh out load... I am gonna get sick watching that ugly mug of his.

Duhon and Noc are both likely to be traded, IMO. I think someone came up with the idea of a Noc and Du for Fyre trade. I'd be all for that.

Curry will probably have the role Pargo had a couple years ago, coming off the bench and hopefully making some baskets. He is lazy on D though, so Skiles is gonna probably rip him a new one during practice and when he's on D.

Gray will probably be nothing more then a backup C, but at least he can score a little.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 29 2007, 05:21 AM
Post #12

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Curry is an excellent value pick for the Bulls. The guy was a top of the world recruit in college, and has a world of potential. He would have been a late first round pick, but there were character questions, that apparently the Bulls liked his answers to. He gives us a little more size, and a lot more offense in the backcourt. This is another nail in the coffin for Chris Duhon.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jun 29 2007, 10:04 AM
Post #13

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

Before the draft I was looking at people that I wanted to be around at 49 and 51 for the Bulls. I came to the realization that Gasol, "Big Baby", and others that I really wanted would likely be gone but I really was hoping that Curry was still there. Unfortunately Gasol got picked at 48. That really sucked.

I know Gray is not that great but he is another big body to collect fouls. Who knows he might actually play some sort of role for us in the future. As for Curry I was very excited to see us get him at 51. Curry will give us another player off the bench who can score and hit the 3 pointer. It will probably take him a while to get used to the NBA three but when he does he'll hit it at a more consistent mark than Duhon ever could. What I really like about him is that he played PG & SG in college and he likely should be able to do the same in the NBA. He's also an unselfish player that takes what defenses give him. That will fit in perfect with the Bulls who already have several scorers.

Sure he's undersized but he'll give us options off the bench. We could go small with a Gordon, Curry lineup or big with a Sefolosha/Hinrich lineup. Either way I think we added a great piece to our puzzle.

In the draft we needed to add size to our frontcourt and our backcourt. We did one successfully by taking Noah and Gray but really didn't have an opportunity to add size in the backcourt. Instead we added Curry who hopefully can play somewhat of a Daniel Gibson type role on our team. I think he'll definately contribute a little next year and more in the years thereafter.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 29 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #14

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

I absolutely love the Curry pick. I mean, he's just a flat out scorer, but can also run an offense. Yeah, he's undersized, but I think he could be our new Ben Gordon off the bench. Obviously, I don't expect him to score 20 pts./game like BG, but he could eventually score 8-12 pts/game off the bench in a lot less minutes that Gordon. So, essentially, he'd be worth the same, but we wouldn't have the defensive liability of a small SG in the game as much. I definitely think we could see BG traded for a big man, and then Sef/Curry take his place.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 29 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #15

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

i like the curry pick as well, he is agreat scorer, but the only thing that woried me was is off the court problems, i hope it doesnt carry over.
what is the correct way to pronounce JamesOn?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:32 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home