Reply to this topicStart new topic
> starting lineup-starters named!
DutheDoduhon21
post Oct 27 2008, 01:39 PM
Post #1

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

Two days before the Bulls open the regular season against the Milwaukee Bucks, coach Vinny Del Negro said he has yet to settle on a starting five. Del Negro could come back with the same five -- Derrick Rose, Thabo Sefolosha, Andres Nocioni, Drew Gooden and Aaron Gray -- who started Friday against the Bucks in the exhibition finale. The Bulls shot 70 percent in the first quarter and led 35-16, getting 11 points off the bench from Kirk Hinrich, who finished with 25. Hinrich came off the bench in the last three preseason games, all victories. Then again, Del Negro will have Ben Gordon [/b[b]](sore left big toe) back for the first time since Oct. 17, when Gordon led the team with 23 points in a victory against the Utah Jazz. It was the only one of the eight exhibitions in which Gordon played. Gordon said he doesn't know whether Del Negro intends to start him alongside Rose, who practiced fully Sunday after straining his right hip/hamstring Friday.

aaron gray better not be starting thats all i know. thabo will not start over kirk and BG. what do you think the starting lineup should be?

i got

rose
hinrich
lu
tyrus
noah
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Oct 27 2008, 01:46 PM
Post #2

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

It better not be that starting 5 from Friday night, that lineup is not going to go on that kind of run regularly and should not be used unless they're short-handed again.

I would like to see Rose/Gordon/Deng/Thomas/Noah as the starting lineup since that gives you two high-energy bigs that should be able to contribute on both ends (obviously with some help from Rose on offense) and two proven scorers to take some pressure off Rose. However, I think it'll probably be Rose/Hinrich/Deng/Thomas/Gooden.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Oct 27 2008, 02:26 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Yeah I'm with you guys. I hope its not Aaron Gray starting, he's terrible! I want it to be Rose,Gordon,Deng,Tyrus, and Joakim.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Oct 27 2008, 03:01 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Aside from Derrick Rose...I really don't think I care who's starting.

I'll look at the total minutes. That's the column I'm watching. I want to see Rose, TT, and Noah all 30 or above unless they're hurt.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Oct 27 2008, 03:04 PM
Post #5

Superstar

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 27 2008, 01:26 PM) *
Yeah I'm with you guys. I hope its not Aaron Gray starting, he's terrible! I want it to be Rose,Gordon,Deng,Tyrus, and Joakim.

You know, I really don't think Aaron Gray is terrible. I think Aaron Gray is what Aaron Gray is...he's a decent backup Center. For that role, he probably fills the job surprisingly well given that he's a different style of player from the other guys we have (perhaps more of a slow down post scorer rather than an up tempo, move the ball around guy), he's young and therefore has several years to get better, he's cheap, he can cover a lot of minutes if someone else is hurting, and he has that magical ability to be 7 feet tall.

I don't want him starting. I don't want him taking minutes away from the guys who could develop in to really good players (TT and Noah) or the guy who can win us some games and be trade bait (Gooden) But as a backup C, you could do a lot worse.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Oct 27 2008, 03:13 PM
Post #6

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

What I want:

Rose
Thabo
Deng
TT
Noah

What I expect:

Rose
Hinrich
Deng
TT
Gooden

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Oct 27 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #7

Superstar

So what's the deal with everyone thinking it'll be Noah missing? Is he that far behind after the eye-poking?

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Oct 27 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #8

All-Star

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Oct 27 2008, 04:17 PM) *
So what's the deal with everyone thinking it'll be Noah missing? Is he that far behind after the eye-poking?

Mostly because VDN seems to prefer Gooden in the starting lineup thus far (which may partially be based on Noah being a bit behind).

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Oct 27 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #9

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

What is should be:

Rose
BG
Deng
Tyrus
Gooden (against smaller lineups)

What I think it will be

Rose (to dominate both ends of the floor)
Kirk (to guard Redd)
Deng (to guard Jefferson)
Tyrus (To guard Charlie V.)
Noah or Gooden (I think this could go eithe way. Noah would match up better defensively but Gooden would create matchup problems for Bogut on D)

I'd be surprised to see either Nocioni or Thabo as starters. I really wouldn't mind starting Nocioni at the 4 at times this year to get another outside shooter on the floor but I really want to see Tyrus play big time minutes.

I could care less if Thabo doesn't play a single game this year. Unless we trade Kirk then the only guards that should be on the floor are Rose, BG, Kirk & Hughes (in limited minutes).

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Oct 27 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #10

6th Man

Member No.: 70

This is what I want:

PG- Rose
SG- Sefolosha
SF- Deng
PF- Gooden or Thomas (Depends on the match-ups for that game)
C- Noah

That gives us height, offense ( Rose, Deng, and Gooden), and Defense ( Sef, Deng, Thomas, and Noah) along with players that have different strengths that cover up the other players weaknesses. Which is what Del Negro has been wanting. That also gives us a scorer off the bench in Gordon, a veteran in Hinrich, and a high energy player in Thomas off the bench ( but needs at least 25 mpg). And if Gooden comes off the bench in stead that gives us a player that can hit the 15 footer and spread the offense out a little more. That way we would also have decent back ups in Nocioni, Gray, plus fillers.

Just my thought.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Oct 28 2008, 10:14 AM
Post #11

All-Star

Saw this blurb on rotoworld:

"Kirk Hinrich will reportedly come off the Bulls bench to start the season, with Derrick Rose and Thabo Sefolosha starting in the backcourt."

I'm not a fan of that at all, that gives you no outside shooting at all in the lineup. Why would teams even bother covering out to the arc with Thabo and Deng out there? Even it if it were Kirk that would give you SOME threat of the 3 (though I'd rather not see him there either, he looks brutal at the 2). It seems like VDN has an unhealthy obsession with size at the 2-guard spot at the moment. I'm hoping that it's because Gordon's toe is still holding him back a bit, otherwise this could be a long year if Thabo/Hughes start and get starter's minutes all year.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Oct 28 2008, 11:19 AM
Post #12

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

WE GOT OUR STARTING 5...for tonight

Del Negro names Sefolosha starter for opener

As previously reported, Thabo Sefolosha will start alongside Derrick Rose in the Bulls' season-opener Tuesday against Milwaukee.

Coach Vinny Del Negro said his other starters are Luol Deng and Tyrus Thomas at forward and Drew Gooden at center

"I just felt it gave us some good size in the backcourt," Del Negro said. "We needed Kirk to run the second team for us. I thought the balance for right now made sense. As I've said all along, that is subject to change."

Sefolosha took the opportunity in stride.

"I've always felt more comfortable starting," Sefolosha said. "My focus is right from the start. I'm into the game."

Del Negro also announced Gooden, Deng and Hinrich will serve as team captains.

Well Well. I actually really like this lineup. Real good size everywhere except center, everyone can score, the only issue will be outside shooting. If Thabo can be at least decent in this regard, this could be a great lineup for fast past offense from nasty defense.

And I like Krich as the best back up pg in the league. He seems to play harder when he comes off the bench.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Oct 28 2008, 02:15 PM
Post #13

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

not sure i agree with thabo starting, but we'll see how it goes. gooden, lu and kirk as the captains sounds good to me.

+Quote Post
MB33
post Oct 28 2008, 05:00 PM
Post #14

6th Man

Member No.: 477

i like thabo starting because we cant be running 2 small guards.Let him learn while playing and hopefully he can become consistant.As for the fwd/center situation we need to trade someone to get a legit big man!

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Oct 28 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #15

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

I like this starting lineup. Though, this time last year if you told me Hinrich and Gordon would both be coming off the bench, I would have never believed it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:05 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home