Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The last time we made the Playoffs...
SoxFan1
post Apr 15 2009, 11:38 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

Go back to the final game of the regular season in 2007. All we had to do to secure the 2nd seed was beat the New Jersey Nets, and we would have gone on to face the Wizards. However, we couldn't seal the deal, we fell to the 5th seed, and we ended up having to face the Miami Heat who were the defending NBA Champions. Now, I don't think I have to remind anyone here that we annihilated them in 4 games to move on to face Detroit in the 2nd round.

Now on to last night, where all we had to do to seal the 6th seed and go on to face Orlando in the 1st round was beat the lowly Raptors. Of course, we couldn't do it, and we slip to the 7th seed where we now have to face the Boston Celtics, the defending NBA champions...

Coincidence?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 15 2009, 11:44 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

Maybe. At first I thought we matched up better against Boston than Orlando because our athleticism outshines theirs and we can get out and run but they are battle tested and play tremendous defense whereas we do not, we don't even play average defense and we have to guard the Big 3. Orlando would be almost impossible to beat if they kept hitting 3's all night but atleast Rose could assert himself a little better since Alston is pretty bad. I just have a feeling Rondo is going to throw alley oop after alley oop to KG off of pick and rolls while Ray Allen loses Gordon off of screens and shoots lights out from 3.

If you look at each matchup I don't think we win any against Boston

Rose<Rondo
Gordon<Allen
Salmons<Pierce
Tyrus<KG
Noah<=Perkins

Against Orlando we'd have two matchups in our favor in the backcourt

Rose>Alston
Gordon>Lee
Salmons<Lewis
Tyrus<Turkoglu
Noah<<<<Howard

+Quote Post
RME JICO
post Apr 16 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #3

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Apr 16 2009, 12:44 AM) *
Maybe. At first I thought we matched up better against Boston than Orlando because our athleticism outshines theirs and we can get out and run but they are battle tested and play tremendous defense whereas we do not, we don't even play average defense and we have to guard the Big 3. Orlando would be almost impossible to beat if they kept hitting 3's all night but atleast Rose could assert himself a little better since Alston is pretty bad. I just have a feeling Rondo is going to throw alley oop after alley oop to KG off of pick and rolls while Ray Allen loses Gordon off of screens and shoots lights out from 3.

If you look at each matchup I don't think we win any against Boston

Rose<Rondo
Gordon<Allen
Salmons<Pierce
Tyrus<KG
Noah<=Perkins

Against Orlando we'd have two matchups in our favor in the backcourt

Rose>Alston
Gordon>Lee
Salmons<Lewis
Tyrus<Turkoglu
Noah<<<<Howard

With KG out this is a totally different series; and we are a completely different team with Salmons and Miller.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Apr 16 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Apr 16 2009, 03:18 PM) *
With KG out this is a totally different series; and we are a completely different team with Salmons and Miller.

Problem is, we don't know how much of Salmons we have right now.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:22 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home