IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thank you, John Paxson, the one thing he did right...
Steve9347
post Nov 17 2008, 09:19 AM
Post #1

I'm fresh.

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 131

How much better is Rose in all aspects of the game than Michael Beasley? What a great decision by Pax.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Nov 17 2008, 11:44 AM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

Yes, Rose is already better than Beasley. I thought he was suppose to take time to develop? Lol, well throw that out the window, he is playing at an ALL STAR level of play right now!

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Nov 17 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #3

All-Star

Member No.: 43

It's weird, he had looked fairly mediocre until the Dallas game in pre-season, and all of the sudden it's like he flipped a switch and started dominating. Watching him in those games it really didn't look like he'd start playing at a high level for at least a few months, that sure turned around quickly. Beasley isn't exactly sucking and still looks like a hell of a scorer, but Rose is already driving by people at will and would have a lot more assists if his teammates didn't suck. Too bad he's getting zero help inside.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Nov 17 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #4

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

Seriously. What a great pick by Pax... I mean, Rose just continues to amaze me every night. The guy just turned 20 years old and is playing like a vet. I said it in another thread too, but how ridiculous is Derrick Rose gonna be in about 3 years? I can't imagine what Free Agent in that awesome 2010 class wouldn't want to sign with us to play with Rose.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Nov 17 2008, 06:52 PM
Post #5

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

there was a interview with rose on sports nite and they asked him what he was going to do with all of the down time on the road trip and he said ill do whatever the veterans do whatever they do ill do...as long as its positive. lol stay away from joakim.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Nov 17 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #6

Bench

Member No.: 163

Rose is indeed a superstar. We finally have our post Jordan superstar. Just imagine once he finally gets that low post player....

+Quote Post
bschmaranz
post Nov 18 2008, 10:41 AM
Post #7

Bench

Member No.: 59

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Nov 17 2008, 10:04 PM) *
Rose is indeed a superstar. We finally have our post Jordan superstar. Just imagine once he finally gets that low post player....

I think the scarier thought is how good he'll be when he actually develops. Remember, he's still just barely a 20 year old kid.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Nov 18 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #8

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Thorpe:
Derrick Rose, Bulls
Rose leads the Bulls in minutes played (38.5) and assists (5.6) and is second on the team in scoring (18.9). He has scored 10 or more points in all 10 games the Bulls have played, the second time that has been accomplished by a Bulls rookie. Who was the first? Yep, it was MJ.

It is rare for a player as young as Rose to be considered unguardable. Yet that word is always buzzing from scouts' lips after they watch him play. Usually, the line is, "Once he learns to shoot the ball, he'll be unguardable."

Well, he's learning. He has hit four of his past 10 3-point attempts and makes enough midrange jumpers to force defenses to pick their poison: Try to stay close to him and risk being scorched by a dribble drive, or give him space and hope he misses.

But remember, this young talent is a passer first, so giving him space also means he has more room and less pressure to deliver a pass. Since Nov. 5, he has made at least six assists each game. His on-court demeanor is still too quiet, but I actually like that -- he's earning respect with his game first. That's the only way to win over a veteran club, and he's doing it every night.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Nov 19 2008, 10:06 AM
Post #9

All-Star

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Nov 17 2008, 10:04 PM) *

That's been our problem for how long now? They need to bottle up some of these medicore guys making $10 million a year and find someone who can open up the block.

+Quote Post
MB33
post Nov 19 2008, 11:07 AM
Post #10

6th Man

Member No.: 477

Been 3 or 4 years now looking for a post player maybe we can blame pax for that one cuz he is not even trying!

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Nov 19 2008, 02:43 PM
Post #11

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (MB33 @ Nov 19 2008, 11:07 AM) *
Been 3 or 4 years now looking for a post player maybe we can blame pax for that one cuz he is not even trying!

He's severely hampered by cheap management. Reinsdorf blocked the move for Gasol that was agreed upon because it would have put the Bulls in the luxury tax last year.

Now, I'm not complaining, as we sucked just enough to luck into the #1 overall pick and get a future superstar, but I believe that can't be the only time Pax has been blocked.

Regardless, he freaking chose Tyrus over Aldridge, and for that, he should be shot.

+Quote Post
heirdog
post Nov 20 2008, 10:43 AM
Post #12

Rookie

Member No.: 171

Why is it that as soon as one of the "young" Bulls gets a long-term deal, they suck?

Tyson, Kirk, Luol.

Nocioni is overpaid for a 7th man but at least he gives you some decent play, albeit inconsistent on the offensive end.

Man, last night's game was atrocious and lucky for us it was on national TV. Seriously, Tyrus looks like he regresses every year. Yes, his stats are better this year cause he's playing more but outside of blocks, he does nothing really positive out there. His jump shot sucks, he gets gimme rebounds, he can't finish around the basket and he drives into the lane wildly. He truly is a Stromile Swift with a slightly better handle. I have always been a fan of his but I'm ready to jump off the bandwagon. That being said, the one guy I wanted in that draft was not Roy or LaMarcus, it was Rudy Gay...

+Quote Post
MB33
post Nov 21 2008, 11:47 AM
Post #13

6th Man

our gm is horrible

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Nov 21 2008, 12:00 PM
Post #14

6th Man

Member No.: 61

I'm just wondering if Pax even had any dialogue with the Warriors about Al Harrington?

+Quote Post
MB33
post Nov 21 2008, 01:15 PM
Post #15

6th Man

if i was a betting man i would say no

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 06:47 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home