IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Big Ben Teams Up With Stephon Marbury, Wallace To Wear Starbury Sneakers Aimed At Low Income Families
truthandbasketba...
post Mar 27 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 256

Big Ben has joined Knicks guard Stephon Marbury to endorse the Starbury sneakers that with their $14.98 price tag aim to take pressure off of parents to buy their kids high priced shoes. I've been aware of Marbury's goal for a while and always felt it was a great thing. I can honestly say that I'm proud of Ben for doing this and I think that he's showing that he really does care about the community through his participation and comments made in the following story. Wallace will wear Starbury shoes until later this year when his own affordable shoe "The Big Ben" will be released.

http://www.nba.com/nba_news/Bwallace_070327.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 28 2007, 07:51 AM
Post #2

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

Is there any buzz about the shoes? Are the kids taking them seriously, or are they just a joke?

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Mar 28 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #3

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

i saw them at steve and barrys they are really nice shoes, thats a good thing they are doing, ben is going to wear them against the pistons tomorrow.

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post Mar 28 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #4

6th Man

Member No.: 214

From what Ive heard they are looked at as a joke. Not saying I think that, but if I remember how brutal kids in schools are theyll use anything to razz people. It is a nice idea though, but its not like Wallace and Starburry arent getting paid for it, Im assuming.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 29 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #5

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 28 2007, 06:00 PM) *
From what Ive heard they are looked at as a joke. Not saying I think that, but if I remember how brutal kids in schools are theyll use anything to razz people. It is a nice idea though, but its not like Wallace and Starburry arent getting paid for it, Im assuming.

They are getting paid a cut of sales. They didn't earn anything up front though.

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post Mar 29 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #6

Bench

Member No.: 392

wow 15 bucks! that is a really good thing they are doing. I might have to get myself a pair of the new Big Bens!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th June 2024 - 04:22 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home