Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bulls @ Rockets 2/24/08
dasox24
post Feb 24 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #31

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

What is going on with this game? The Rockets are drilling 3's all over the place. Not exactly what I wanted to watch.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 24 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #32

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

The ROckets are the luckiest team in the NBA right now. "Hey lets chuck three pointers on bad shots and watch them fall in the basket!!!" 22 personal fouls to 13 fouls for the Rockets is a flat out joke. THis officiating sucks, this team hasn't played that bad

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Feb 24 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #33

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 24 2008, 10:21 PM) *
The ROckets are the luckiest team in the NBA right now. "Hey lets chuck three pointers on bad shots and watch them fall in the basket!!!" 22 personal fouls to 13 fouls for the Rockets is a flat out joke. THis officiating sucks, this team hasn't played that bad

You're getting ridiculous now. They aren't lucky. They're hitting their shots. We haven't played as great as it seems. 22-13 isn't that big of a gap, especially considering Scola's 5 fouls have pretty much ALL been BS. This is just the case of a team full of new guys playing the hottest team in the NBA.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 24 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #34

Superstar

I can't watch anymore. This is a total disaster.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Feb 24 2008, 09:28 PM
Post #35

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

Cedric Simmons in the game now. Dunks it off a nice pass from Tyrus on his 1st touch. Gordon finally decides to hit a shot.

Notable stat-lines:

Hinrich: 10 pts, 10 asts (back-to-back double-doubles)
Thomas: 18 pts, 6 reb
Gordon: 2-11 fg, 5 points
Gooden: 12 pts, 8 reb
Hughes: 13 pts

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Feb 24 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #36

6th Man

Member No.: 781

Ben Gordon's downfall is, was, and always will be his inability to keep himself in control and just play basketball. He tries to be a showman-superstar and he's just not that type of player yet. When he just plays with his head he can go out and hit anything and drop 30+ points... when he has to prove a point to the organization he goes 2-11 and turns the ball over half a dozen times.

+Quote Post
BigEdWalsh
post Feb 24 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #37

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 973

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 24 2008, 10:37 PM) *
Notable stat-lines:

Hinrich: 10 pts, 10 asts (back-to-back double-doubles)
Thomas: 18 pts, 6 reb
Gooden: 12 pts, 8 reb
Hughes: 13 pts

I think notable too, is a team total 13-14 at free throws. Yeah, not many attempts but they at least shot well.

This game stunk except it was cool to see the new guys. Just not much you can do when the other team is draining the 3s like that.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Feb 24 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #38

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 24 2008, 10:37 PM) *

Well, maybe I'm at fault for this one. I think I jinxed him with my 2-15 shooting performance with Gordon on NBA 2k8, lol... No, but seriously, I was rather pissed when I lost to my friend in 2k8 today by 6 points and most of my blame went along the lines of "Ben Gordon would never shoot that poorly. This is one of the best shooters in the NBA. 2 for 15 is bullshit." Well, I guess I was wrong.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Feb 24 2008, 11:16 PM
Post #39

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 24 2008, 09:22 PM) *
You're getting ridiculous now. They aren't lucky. They're hitting their shots. We haven't played as great as it seems. 22-13 isn't that big of a gap, especially considering Scola's 5 fouls have pretty much ALL been BS. This is just the case of a team full of new guys playing the hottest team in the NBA.

Nice post. The Rockets are the hottest team and we were close until the last half of the 4th. With new players and no real offense being run I say we did pretty well. Not to mention players were probably confused about their assignments and rotations on defense. Hopefully, all that will improve and we'll start to dominate.

As for the Rockets getting hot, it's nice to see since I picked them before the season to win it all. Of course that was before they traded Bonzi but I guess Bobby Jackson is proving to be a valuable member of the team (moreso then I thought he would be). Anyway, the Rockets can beat anyone if their game is on. It is really going to come down to who they have to play in the post season. They are a deeper team this year than they were last year (with Scola, Landry, & Jackson being key contributors) so it will be fun to watch them and the Western conference playoffs in general.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 24 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #40

Superstar

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Feb 24 2008, 11:25 PM) *
Nice post. The Rockets are the hottest team and we were close until the last half of the 4th. With new players and no real offense being run I say we did pretty well. Not to mention players were probably confused about their assignments and rotations on defense. Hopefully, all that will improve and we'll start to dominate.

As for the Rockets getting hot, it's nice to see since I picked them before the season to win it all. Of course that was before they traded Bonzi but I guess Bobby Jackson is proving to be a valuable member of the team (moreso then I thought he would be). Anyway, the Rockets can beat anyone if their game is on. It is really going to come down to who they have to play in the post season. They are a deeper team this year than they were last year (with Scola, Landry, & Jackson being key contributors) so it will be fun to watch them and the Western conference playoffs in general.

They still can't compete against LA with a healthy Bynum, San Antonio, New Orleans, or Utah. I think the Rockets are a good team but I want to see them actually win a playoff series before talking about them winning it all or making it to the WCF.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:45 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home