Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Glaring weakspots
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 5 2007, 07:53 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

A lot of glaring weaknesses I saw from tonights game is..

- NOBODY can guard Chauncey Billups. He is way too strong for Gordon or Hinrich to guard. We might want to try Thabo because I fear Dwyane Wade ALOT MORE than I do Billups, I think Thabo's length would disrupt Billups atleast a little bit.

- Bench production sucks. If Tyrus, Duhon, and Nocioni can't step up and do better than freaking 3 for 30, 3 FOR 30!!! We won't win a game. Someone needs to put a pill in Maliks drink tomorrow to make sure he will never see the basketball court for this team again. Rat piss> Malik Allen

- Coaching. Skiles got outcoached tonight by Flip Saunders but even he can't make us lose by 25+ points like we did. By putting Malik Allen in the game I knew he threw in the white flag, unfortunately that was very early in the 2nd half.

The only way to turn it around is to play with MUCH more energy, outrebound them, out hustle them, Tyrus MUST be a spark, and Gordon better come ready to play. If we do those things, we can steal the next game, if not, the series is over..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 5 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #2

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 5 2007, 08:46 PM) *
A lot of glaring weaknesses I saw from tonights game is..

- NOBODY can guard Chauncey Billups. He is way too strong for Gordon or Hinrich to guard. We might want to try Thabo because I fear Dwyane Wade ALOT MORE than I do Billups, I think Thabo's length would disrupt Billups atleast a little bit.

- Bench production sucks. If Tyrus, Duhon, and Nocioni can't step up and do better than freaking 3 for 30, 3 FOR 30!!! We won't win a game. Someone needs to put a pill in Maliks drink tomorrow to make sure he will never see the basketball court for this team again. Rat piss> Malik Allen

- Coaching. Skiles got outcoached tonight by Flip Saunders but even he can't make us lose by 25+ points like we did. By putting Malik Allen in the game I knew he threw in the white flag, unfortunately that was very early in the 2nd half.

The only way to turn it around is to play with MUCH more energy, outrebound them, out hustle them, Tyrus MUST be a spark, and Gordon better come ready to play. If we do those things, we can steal the next game, if not, the series is over..

Damn, you feel just like me. If I ever see Malik in the game again I might shoot myself. We played bad and our coach gave up on the game. I don't care if we are down 20 you don't give up on the game with 10 minutes to go. That bench lineup was rediculous.

Thabo definately needs to guard Chauncey.

Nocioni shot looked worse than Shaq's. He's going to have to find that if we are going to be successful. I think Tyrus and Sefolosha will be fine. We just need to keep players out of foul trouble and get a better offensive game from BG in game 2. I think we'll see an entirely different team in game 2.

+Quote Post
BobDylan
post May 5 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 399

1. Chauncey Billups will score his points. If the Bulls can't stop him, they have the limit the other 4 on the floor. That starts with not collapsing all five players as soon as one of Hamilton/Billups drives to the paint. Did we not get Ben Wallace to shut down the middle?

2. We all know the Bulls bench is not this bad. However, when the team loses Ben Gordon and P.J. Brown in the first quarter to foul trouble, the bench is put in a situation it generally won't succeed in--picking up scoring slack. Nocioni is not going to have the series he had in the first round, but he has to be better than he was tonight. It'd be hard for him to be this poor again. He needs to hit a couple of open shots to pull some pressure off of Loul and Ben.

3. The Malik Allen/Tyrus Thomas spot has been a weak spot all year. With P.J. Brown going down early and Nocioni not being able to guard Rasheed, the Bulls are going to get lit up. Tyrus Thomas was probably worse than Malik in the grand scheme of things, but Malik showed no energy. P.J. Brown needs to step up huge in this series, and so does TT. Somebody needs to tell Tyrus to slow down and worry about things on the defensive side of things. His job is to put a body on 'Sheed, not score points. This also starts by not collapsing all five players every time one of Detroit's guards drives into the paint. If they go in there, fine, but make them pay for a basket. Put them on the floor.

4. Energy is not the problem. Energy was there, nothing else was. They turned the ball over, they gave up too many offensive rebounds and they didn't make shots, nor create shots. The Bulls were just flat out terrible today, give some of the credit to Detroit, but a lot of it was that the Bulls beat themselves. First game jitters are out of the way, now get back to playing basketball.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 5 2007, 08:12 PM
Post #4

Superstar

In Game 1

-Nocioni's shot wasn't going in tonight, that won't happen next game

-Our bench was 3/30 that won't happen next game

-Gordon was non existant, that wont happen next game

-Energy wasnt there, that won't happen next game

-ADJUSTMENTS IN GAME 2!

As you can see, alot of weird things happen in today's game which is a good reason things could look up in game 2!

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post May 5 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #5

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

^ deffinently agree all those things wont happen next game, we also wont have as many turnovers as we did.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 5 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #6

Superstar

QUOTE (BobDylan @ May 5 2007, 09:02 PM) *
1. Chauncey Billups will score his points. If the Bulls can't stop him, they have the limit the other 4 on the floor. That starts with not collapsing all five players as soon as one of Hamilton/Billups drives to the paint. Did we not get Ben Wallace to shut down the middle?

2. We all know the Bulls bench is not this bad. However, when the team loses Ben Gordon and P.J. Brown in the first quarter to foul trouble, the bench is put in a situation it generally won't succeed in--picking up scoring slack. Nocioni is not going to have the series he had in the first round, but he has to be better than he was tonight. It'd be hard for him to be this poor again. He needs to hit a couple of open shots to pull some pressure off of Loul and Ben.

3. The Malik Allen/Tyrus Thomas spot has been a weak spot all year. With P.J. Brown going down early and Nocioni not being able to guard Rasheed, the Bulls are going to get lit up. Tyrus Thomas was probably worse than Malik in the grand scheme of things, but Malik showed no energy. P.J. Brown needs to step up huge in this series, and so does TT. Somebody needs to tell Tyrus to slow down and worry about things on the defensive side of things. His job is to put a body on 'Sheed, not score points. This also starts by not collapsing all five players every time one of Detroit's guards drives into the paint. If they go in there, fine, but make them pay for a basket. Put them on the floor.

4. Energy is not the problem. Energy was there, nothing else was. They turned the ball over, they gave up too many offensive rebounds and they didn't make shots, nor create shots. The Bulls were just flat out terrible today, give some of the credit to Detroit, but a lot of it was that the Bulls beat themselves. First game jitters are out of the way, now get back to playing basketball.

I mean, did Malik Allen do ANYTHING positive while he was out on the court tonight? Atleast Tyrus took it hard to the basket and drew fouls and then made his free throws..

+Quote Post
BobDylan
post May 5 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #7

Rookie

Member No.: 399

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 5 2007, 10:59 PM) *
I mean, did Malik Allen do ANYTHING positive while he was out on the court tonight? Atleast Tyrus took it hard to the basket and drew fouls and then made his free throws..

Neither really did anything positive. Thomas showed energy, sure, but it was costly energy. He shot 1-5 from the field, committed 5 turnovers and 4 PF--in 19 minutes. Malik Allen didn't do spiff either, and his box score was terrible across the board too. I'm not arguing between the two players, I'm just saying if the Bulls are looking for 16 minutes out of Allen and 19 minutes out of Tyrus--minutes where they have to produce in large ways--the Bulls will go home in 4 games.

P.J. Brown and Ben Gordon cannot ride the pine in the middle of the first quarter. They need at least 20 pts out of Gordon and at least 25 minutes out of P.J. Brown. That's where it went wrong. Only 7 points from Gordon, only 13 minutes out of Brown. That can't happen.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 5 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #8

Superstar

agreed, both sucked tonight

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 5 2007, 11:58 PM
Post #9

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

21 turnovers, 32% FG

/thread

+Quote Post
RME JICO
post May 6 2007, 08:52 AM
Post #10

Bench

Member No.: 14

/reopen thread

Everything that could go wrong, went wrong all in one game.

- Missing almost every loose ball
- Turnovers
- Gordon being shutdown
- Bench completely AWOL
- No in game adjustments

They had it to within 10 and then Gordon started clanking shots.

Game 2 will be different.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 6 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #11

Superstar

If we lose game 2, do you guys think this series is over?

+Quote Post
CryptViLL
post May 6 2007, 11:01 AM
Post #12

6th Man

Member No.: 10

yes

+Quote Post
MB33
post May 6 2007, 11:36 AM
Post #13

6th Man

Member No.: 477

I would definitely put Thabo on billups!

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 6 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #14

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (RME JICO @ May 6 2007, 09:45 AM) *
/reopen thread

Everything that could go wrong, went wrong all in one game.

- Missing almost every loose ball
- Turnovers
- Gordon being shutdown
- Bench completely AWOL
- No in game adjustments

They had it to within 10 and then Gordon started clanking shots.

Game 2 will be different.

He only took 9 shots all game, 3 of which came in the 1st quarter. It wasn't Gordon clanking shots, it was turnovers and careless play. The ref's took us out of it in the 1st quarter with 2 fouls on PJ and Ben, but he's got to be able to get back into the mix and develop some easy shots. Kirk and Deng were really the only 2 guys who came to play. Wallace too.

Tyrus Thomas should not play the rest of this series, nor should Malik Allen. This spark plug BS is enough. He comes in, plays out of control, and makes stupid, unnecessary turnovers.

We need to make some serious adjustments. First off, the only reason people say the Bulls bench didn't show up is because the Pistons bench showed up huge. We never rely on much scoring from our bench. In the playoffs, you have an 8 or 9 guy rotation. In our case, it's pretty much Duhon, Thabo, and Nocioni. Don't expect 25-35 bench points, because that's not really their game, maybe only Noc.

2nd, the play needs to be smoother. We were terrible with the ball. In transition, we were sloppy. Bad passes, little ball movement...it was ugly. We need to go back and do what we do best. Ball movement, drive and kick, screens, curls, etc.

3rd, have the defense set up the offense. No matter what anyone says, we played terrible defense as well. They had WAY too many open shots and easy shots in the paint, and they had a ton of offensive rebounds. We need to snatch those boards and get out in transition.

4th, Ben Gordon needs to play ball. He's terribly inconsistent. 'Nuff said.

And last, we need Billups to be guarded by Thabo. That's really our only shot. Thabo on Billups with Kirk on Hamilton, or vice versa.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 6 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #15

Superstar

Tyrus just doesn't look ready out there but I'd still give him a go in atleast the next 1 or two games because he has the capability to be a game changer.

Bottom line, If Ben Gordon or any of our big three get in early foul trouble were going to be behind most of the game because our bench doesn't have the offensive firepower to maintain those scoring numbers Detroit can. Gordon can not turn the ball over like he has done these entire playoffs, and we need to box out to get to those loose balls or were screwed because Rasheed will be camping out at the top of the key waiting to shoot a three.

I didn't see much drive and kick in game 1 unless it was just me, we need to get back to that and we will be fine. I see game 2 as a must win otherwise my confidence is pretty much shot for this team.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:33 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home