Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking forward to Game 3
SoxFan1
post May 7 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

We've got to straighten out a few a lot of things.

1.) Ben Gordon. Either sit him or let him go. There is nothing left to lose. If he gets into early foul trouble, let him go like Don Nelson does with Baron Davis.

2.) If we get behind big early, we should just launch 3's at will. And get into transition.

3.) Rebound. Rebound. REBOUND.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post May 7 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #2

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

I'd like to see them try throwing griff at Rip.... because right now, when I see him curling towards the basket I just assume the Pistons are about to get 2 points.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 8 2007, 12:08 AM
Post #3

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

I'm looking forward to game 3 because maybe the crowd can help us with the pathetic effort we showed in games 1 & 2. Nocioni needs to either start hitting the 3 or not play at all b/c he's hurting us with turnovers and on defense. You can just see by the way he's been running that he's not 100%.

As for Tyrus, and all you Tyrus haters out there, he needs to have the same impact in game 3 as he did in game 2. Tyrus had some huge plays in the 2nd half. To bad nobody else did.

We need Ben Gordon and Deng to become more aggressive offensively. Gordon needs to drive to the basket and look for contact or he needs to drive and kick it out since Kirk obviously isn't doing that. Kirk played a piss poor game 2 and he'll need to play a lot better in game 3. All in all, we just need to hit the outside shot and play with greater intensity on both ends. I think we will win both games in Chicago and it will be interesting to see how we play in game 5 when that happens.

+Quote Post
BobDylan
post May 8 2007, 12:38 AM
Post #4

Rookie

Member No.: 399

- Ben Gordon does not start game 3 if I'm Scott Skiles. I go with Thabo and Kirk to run the show in the back court. They cannot afford to get way behind early like this. Make Detroit slow their game down, and run the tempo on the defensive end.

- P.J. Brown doesn't start either. The guy has been flat out worthless in this series. Either start Noc or Tyrus in his place.

- Get some boards! The Bulls are terribly undersized in this series, but giving up 2-3 offensive rebounds on a single possession is the kiss of death.

- Tayshaun Price with 25 points? That can't happen. Chris Webber with 22? That can't happen. Funny how they limit their two best scorers but let the others light them up.

- If they can't get into open transition, slow the damn ball down on offense. Don't dribble 100 times, pass it. Make them move and spread their defense out.

- Luol Deng, step it up--you're the go to guy in this series. Nocioni, step it up--they need you to become a threat. Kirk, run the show--you played like spiff in game 2.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post May 8 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #5

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

I just don't see the Pistons shooting so lights out, or us shooting so poorly in the UC... man, these first two games have been baaad.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post May 8 2007, 11:33 AM
Post #6

All-Star

Member No.: 21

This series is done. We will last 5 games, if that. The Bulls finally have ran into a team that is smarter than they are. The Bulls have been less talented man for man, than most teams they have played this year, but they made up for it by playing their system well. Well now they have Detroit who has gameplanned perfectly for Chicago, and the Bulls don't have the talent level to do anything about it.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 8 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #7

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ May 8 2007, 12:26 PM) *
This series is done. We will last 5 games, if that. The Bulls finally have ran into a team that is smarter than they are. The Bulls have been less talented man for man, than most teams they have played this year, but they made up for it by playing their system well. Well now they have Detroit who has gameplanned perfectly for Chicago, and the Bulls don't have the talent level to do anything about it.

The Bulls are going to win their 2 home games, and I wouldn't be surprised if they looked like an entirely different team at home. The real battle is going to be game 5 in the Palace. It's that game that will seperate the men from the boys. There will be no brooms coming out in Chicago that much I can assure everyone of.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 8 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #8

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 8 2007, 01:01 AM) *
Nocioni needs to either start hitting the 3 or not play at all b/c he's hurting us with turnovers and on defense. You can just see by the way he's been running that he's not 100%.

As for Tyrus, and all you Tyrus haters out there, he needs to have the same impact in game 3 as he did in game 2. Tyrus had some huge plays in the 2nd half. To bad nobody else did.

So Noc is hurting us with turnovers and on defense, but Tyrus deserves more playing time. Makes sense.

+Quote Post
rangercal
post May 8 2007, 06:00 PM
Post #9

Bench

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ May 8 2007, 05:26 PM) *

No way. Seriously, Im tired of hearing the Bulls are only good because of their smarts and hustle. The Bulls are a VERY talented team. Less talented man for man than Most teams? Well, you figure 30 teams in the NBA, take away the Bulls would be 29, meaning at least 15 teams are better man to man?

Maybe we are outmatched on a nightly basis at PF (PJ Brown)
However, the bulls are above average at the very least at C,SF,SG,PF. Not to mention the Bulls are at least 8-10 players deep that would play key roles on 90-95% of the teams out there.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post May 9 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #10

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 8 2007, 04:47 PM) *
So Noc is hurting us with turnovers and on defense, but Tyrus deserves more playing time. Makes sense.

5-18 with 8 turnovers in two games. are you really defending that performance? Really, how could Tyrus be worse?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:23 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home