IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tell you what..., Georgetown players...
Wanne
post Mar 25 2007, 05:35 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 61

I'd take Roy Hibbert in a friggin HEARTBEAT if he's there when the Bullies pick! I don't care if he is a 7-2" center. Like Jeff Green too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Mar 25 2007, 07:07 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I agree with you, I've thought about him all along, him or Horford are the two players I'd be gunning for if I were pax. I think Hibbert will be there around 10-15 but Horford probably won't. Think about it, we have Hibbert as our backup center next year for Wallace since we won't have PJ next year, you have Tyrus starting and Hibbert rotating with Big Ben. He has the potential to be a great center in the NBA but he has the same problem as Tyrus, he fouls at too high of a rate and his offensive game is somewhat raw although no where near as raw as Thomas. Unless he plays out of his mind the next game or two, I think we have a snowballs chance to pick him up in the draft.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 25 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #3

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

Well, this game will up his stock, and if he holds his own against Oden it will go even higher.

I like him quite a bit, he's huge and has a prett soft touch around the basket. My biggest concern is his athleticism. Is he quick enough to keep up with NBA-level athletes (not just centers, but driving perimeter players he has to help on)? There aren't exactly a whole lot of athletic centers in college (well, unless you want to count 6-8 or 6-9 guys), going up against Oden will be an interesting case study. If not, he could be in foul trouble A LOT and his rebounding could suffer a bit too.

I'd still be thrilled to get him around #10 though. He easily has enough size and skills to be a solid rotation player and give us some post scoring, minimally a 7-2 Michael Sweetney (which obviously has a lot more value than a 6-8 Michael Sweetney). The question is can he be a star or not.

+Quote Post
7th in '07
post Mar 25 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #4

Rookie

Member No.: 197

will he still be around?

the bulls will probably have a mid first round pick. and it'll be tough for a 7'2 center to make it that far...especially if the hoyas win it all.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Mar 25 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #5

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (7th in @ Mar 25 2007, 08:43 PM) *
will he still be around?

the bulls will probably have a mid first round pick. and it'll be tough for a 7'2 center to make it that far...especially if the hoyas win it all.

The latest espn lottery+mock has the Bulls getting him around 11. Of course, that was before tonights game.

+Quote Post
7th in '07
post Mar 25 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #6

Rookie

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (7th in '07 @ Mar 25 2007, 08:43 PM) *
will he still be around?

yeah, his stock will rise depending on his and his team's performance next weekend.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 26 2007, 08:22 AM
Post #7

All-Star

Member No.: 21

HIbbert has pretty solid footwork for a guy his size. He might be able to do something underneath in the NBA with a little work. Regardless he would be able to push Ben to the 4, and he would also give the Bulls a legitimate eraser and allow the guards to gamble a little more.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Mar 26 2007, 11:03 AM
Post #8

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Mar 25 2007, 06:00 PM) *
I agree with you, I've thought about him all along, him or Horford are the two players I'd be gunning for if I were pax. I think Hibbert will be there around 10-15 but Horford probably won't. Think about it, we have Hibbert as our backup center next year for Wallace since we won't have PJ next year, you have Tyrus starting and Hibbert rotating with Big Ben. He has the potential to be a great center in the NBA but he has the same problem as Tyrus, he fouls at too high of a rate and his offensive game is somewhat raw although no where near as raw as Thomas. Unless he plays out of his mind the next game or two, I think we have a snowballs chance to pick him up in the draft.

ANDY KATZ
I know this isn't Al but I did write on Labor Day that Horford was the team's MVP. I do think Horford will go ahead of Noah, although Noah does things with his passing and overall presence. I could see a top five in the draft of:1. Oden2. Durant3. Wright4. Horford5. Noah

We can always hope we'll move up.

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post Mar 26 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #9

Bench

Member No.: 392

im not wild about him. He's big and a solid center but he seems like a total stiff out there. I think he benefits from the system his team runs. He could struggle in the fast pace NBA games and get schooled by big men like Howard, Bosh for years to come

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Mar 26 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #10

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (7th in '07 @ Mar 25 2007, 08:43 PM) *
will he still be around?

if you look at the remaining schudule of the knicks they have a hard road ahead of them and that will only help us if they lose like they should there are olny a few teams that they will be able to beat. So it is likely that the bulls will get around the 6-8 eighth pick in the draft hoping that the lottery will be good to us a little we have a chance to get either him or spencer hawes which i am also high on he will be a good player some day in back of wallace that is offence and D that will fill our 4 and 5 positions. He is also only a freshmen so he is young too.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 26 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #11

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Mar 26 2007, 01:22 PM) *
im not wild about him. He's big and a solid center but he seems like a total stiff out there. I think he benefits from the system his team runs. He could struggle in the fast pace NBA games and get schooled by big men like Howard, Bosh for years to come

Trust me, the Princeton offense is not a benefit for post guys at all, I know from watchin NU for years. tongue.gif It involves a lot of cutting, and doesn't really leave much space for big men to post up. They really have to force the post up in that system for him to get the ball, that's why he's tied for the third most shots on the team. He also has to stay in the high post a fair amount to make room under the basket and to facilitate the passing. He's MUCH better suited for a high-low offense like Kansas runs.

Pace could be an issue in the NBA, but there are much bigger stiffs making a good amount of money in the league. He may not be a star, but he probably won't suck either.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Mar 27 2007, 11:07 AM
Post #12

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Mar 25 2007, 10:08 PM) *
The latest espn lottery+mock has the Bulls getting him around 11. Of course, that was before tonights game.

At this rate the Bulls will get no worse than the 9th pick in the draft. The Knicks are currently tied with Sacramento for the ninth worst record. It wouldn't have been that bad if Portland beat the Bulls last night b/c the Bulls would have done themselves a bonus in the lottery sweepstakes. As it stands, Portland is 1.5 games back of New York. Philly is also gaining ground. There are about 10-12 games left in the season for most teams.

Philly, Seattle, Portland all have realistic chances of catching the Knicks if the Knicks continue to slide. Atlanta, Charlotte and Milwaukee are long shots.

Assuming that at least 2 more teams catch the Knicks which is what I'm hoping for the Knicks will end with the seventh worst record. That gives us a good chance of a top 5 pick.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Mar 27 2007, 01:06 PM
Post #13

6th Man

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Mar 27 2007, 11:00 AM) *
Assuming that at least 2 more teams catch the Knicks which is what I'm hoping for the Knicks will end with the seventh worst record. That gives us a good chance of a top 5 pick.

Looking at the remaining schedule for the Knicks...they very easily could lose 8 or 9 out of their last 12 games.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Mar 27 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #14

Bench

Member No.: 56

I think both Philly and Portland have a great chance to pass the Knicks up, but now it seems with the lost of Ray Allen Seattle isnt going to make it.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Mar 27 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #15

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Mar 27 2007, 05:34 PM) *
I think both Philly and Portland have a great chance to pass the Knicks up, but now it seems with the lost of Ray Allen Seattle isnt going to make it.

They played better without Allen tonight than they do with him. Lewis dropped 35. Hopefully he carries the burden the rest of the season to get the Sonics past the Knicks.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:12 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home