Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 30 2007, 10:39 AM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Well, maybe I was right when I put Garnett and Allen on the same team in the Mock draft!

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jul 30 2007, 11:01 AM
Post #3

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Wow, we have a new favorite in the Eastern confrence... It will be interesting to see if Paul Pierce can handle being the 2nd option.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 30 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #4

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jul 30 2007, 12:10 PM) *
Wow, we have a new favorite in the Eastern confrence... It will be interesting to see if Paul Pierce can handle being the 2nd option.

You think Boston becomes the favorite in the East?

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 30 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 30 2007, 10:13 AM) *

I think they become the favorite in the Atlantic division for sure, but they may very well be that even without Garnett, just with the growth of Jefferson. But yeah, this is a team that seems like they might be able to light a few people up this season.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jul 30 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #6

All-Star

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 30 2007, 12:13 PM) *

Allen+Pierce+Garnett is a tough act to contain. I don't know if they will be deep enough, but you are also talking about 3 guys who are each used to carrying teams. That burden being shared would lighten up the stress of the minutes they play, and that will sure help. Rajan Rondo will get to play his pure point position and not have to worry about scoring at all, instead he can concentrate on D and distribution. Their depth at the big positions are the only thing holding them back, but then again how many big teams are there in the East?

+Quote Post
ChWRoCk2
post Jul 30 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #7

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 41

Wow their depth would really take a hit if they get Garnett.

So one their bench theyd have Big Baby, Gabe Pruitt, Scalabrine and Allan Ray. Basically a bunch of young players who dont have much experience besides Scalabrine.

I dont think you could put them as the favorite in the Eastern Conference but definitely in the playoffs for sure. I really hope this means a powershift to the East might be in the making.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 30 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #8

All-Star

Member No.: 43

That's an AWFUL deal long-term for Boston and a MONSTER deal for Minnesota, especially if they get Gomes and the pick. Jefferson is young, cheap, and highly productive, you can't give up those kind of guys, and on top of that they add a wing with potential, a ton of cap space, and possibly another productive forward and another pick. Honestly, given the age and contract disparity, I'd hesitate to deal Jefferson for KG straight up, and I LOVE KG's game. You're only guaranteed to have him for one year at about $20 mil, and even if he stays you're going to suck again in 3 years when those guys are nearing the end of their career and are incredibly expensive.

Granted it makes them a major threat short term barring disastrous chemistry, but that'll only last for a few years. I think it'd work though, Garnett doesn't really demand the ball late or constantly, and Allen has played with other solid scorers and is kind of a complimentary player anyways. The only problem is Pierce might take every shot late when there are two other quality options.

+Quote Post
b-riann
post Jul 30 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #9

Bench

Member No.: 892

deal is done

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 30 2007, 04:17 PM
Post #10

Superstar

Member No.: 12

20 shots a piece for KG, Allen, and Pierce is NOT going to work.

+Quote Post
RME JICO
post Jul 30 2007, 08:58 PM
Post #11

Bench

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 30 2007, 04:26 PM) *
20 shots a piece for KG, Allen, and Pierce is NOT going to work.

We thought that about Iverson and Carmelo and it worked out fine. Boston now has 3 All-Stars at different positions. That immediately puts then in contention.

+Quote Post
b-riann
post Jul 30 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #12

Bench

Member No.: 892

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jul 30 2007, 10:07 PM) *
We thought that about Iverson and Carmelo and it worked out fine. Boston now has 3 All-Stars at different positions. That immediately puts then in contention.

for one year, until KG opts out. they now have no bench and traded away their future

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jul 31 2007, 12:25 AM
Post #13

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

I don't like this deal at all for Boston. It's another case of Ainge trying to take the "quick" fix. He needs to learn that to win it all, you have to build a team through smart trades/free agent signings and most importantly, smart drafts. But, he just likes trading their picks away for old vets, who give them a 2-3 year window to win a championship (which is not likely) before having to start it all over and rebuild.

+Quote Post
Rowand44
post Jul 31 2007, 02:53 AM
Post #14

12th Man

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jul 30 2007, 10:07 PM) *
We thought that about Iverson and Carmelo and it worked out fine.

It did?

+Quote Post
Rowand44
post Jul 31 2007, 02:54 AM
Post #15

12th Man

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 31 2007, 01:34 AM) *
I don't like this deal at all for Boston. It's another case of Ainge trying to take the "quick" fix. He needs to learn that to win it all, you have to build a team through smart trades/free agent signings and most importantly, smart drafts. But, he just likes trading their picks away for old vets, who give them a 2-3 year window to win a championship (which is not likely) before having to start it all over and rebuild.

I completely agree with you. Boston is obviously going to be decent this year but they are NOT a championship contender and they wont be for the next few years. They'll be solid for the next few years and then back in the cellar.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:16 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home