Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FA Talk - Peja, Became a FA today
Chisoxfn
post Jun 26 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #1

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

I don't know when we can start meeting and talking to FA's, but Peja became an unrestricted free agent today by not accepting his option. He's long said he would like to play in Chicago (he has a lot of fans here) and he and Skiles get along quite well (I Think Skiles coached him for a short time somewhere; not necessarily in the NBA).

He could very well stay in Indiana and I have no idea if the Bulls plan on going after Peja (the buzz a year ago was that we would definately do so but that may have changed).

Still we have the money and when he's healthy he is one of the better players in the league and if we thought Deng could defensively handle the 2, than we could throw Peja and Deng in the starting lineup and even run Noc as our 4 quite often and run a unique lineup that plays very good team defense (with exception of Peja).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post Jun 26 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #2

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 66

I'd love to get Peja, but he wouldn't get the playing time he would want here.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 26 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Member No.: 12

I have been a Peja backer since day 1. I'd love him on the Bulls at the 3 and with Deng at the 2.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 26 2006, 11:02 PM
Post #4

All-Star

QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ Jun 26 2006, 08:53 PM)
I'd love to get Peja, but he wouldn't get the playing time he would want here.

If Duhon goes, than we really would have Deng/Noc/Peja getting minutes at the 2 and 3 (with Noc also getting some at the 4) than Hinrich as our sole PG.

In terms of BG he comes off the bench in a total scorers role (or he is traded for a scoring big...in a tream world Channing Frye, but it would probably take a bit more than that).

Than we just find a few mediocre guard backups that could come in and just fill there role.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 26 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #5

Superstar

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26 2006, 11:55 PM)
If Duhon goes, than we really would have Deng/Noc/Peja getting minutes at the 2 and 3 (with Noc also getting some at the 4) than Hinrich as our sole PG.

In terms of BG he comes off the bench in a total scorers role (or he is traded for a scoring big...in a tream world Channing Frye, but it would probably take a bit more than that).

Than we just find a few mediocre guard backups that could come in and just fill there role.

Hinrich
Deng
Stojakovic
Aldridge/Bargnani
Frye

I'd like that.

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jun 26 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #6

6th Man

Member No.: 65

Peja doesnt play D, he has begun the downward side of his career and we already have 2 sf's that I would rather have than him.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 26 2006, 11:08 PM
Post #7

All-Star

QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jun 26 2006, 08:59 PM)
Peja doesnt play D, he has begun the downward side of his career and we already have 2 sf's that I would rather have than him.

He avg 20 and 6 boards since joining the Pacers and is still on the right side of 30. I think its within reason to expect 4-5 more years out of him. That said I do agree there are some concerns considering he has had a few injury problems.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 26 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #8

Superstar

If he stays healthy, he's one of the best scorers in the NBA, no doubt. His best year (03-04) he satyed healthy and played and started in 81 games averaging 24.2 ppg with a .433 3 pt %.

You cannot underestimate what this guy can do when healthy. He is absolutely DEADLY from beyond the arc and he can get hot in an instant. He has a great shooter's mentality and can turn around a cold streak and finish with 30 points any night of the week. Remember, he only missed 10 games all season last year. Sans the 04-05 season, he has been healthy most of the time.

Being Serbian, I'd love for him to come here and I know he'd love it here and would become a fan favorite in an instant. Whenever the Bulls played the Kings, Serbians would come from all throughout Illinois to see him and Divac.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 27 2006, 07:15 AM
Post #9

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Peja would be a nice player to have, but unless we deal one of Nocioni or Deng, he really isn't a good fit for our roster.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 27 2006, 08:50 AM
Post #10

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

Peja would be a nice player to have, but unless we deal one of Nocioni or Deng, he really isn't a good fit for our roster.

Bulls COULD stretch deng over to the 2 and get peja some minutes, but why spend all the money that he'd want for someone we have to accomodate, and doesnt fill a need.

For the money he wants we could get mohammed and nene, and i'd rather deal with the frontcourt than the wing.

+Quote Post
greasywheels121
post Jun 27 2006, 08:51 AM
Post #11

12th Man

Member No.: 11

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...376/1004/SPORTS

"We are going to see what's out there and listen to what other teams have to say, but Peja is the Pacers' to lose," Stojakovic's agent, David Bauman, said. "The contract he signed before was done as a restricted free agent, so he didn't really get a chance to test the market."

Stojakovic, 29, who made $7.6 million last season, hopes to get a raise and lock in a long-term contract. The Pacers can sign him for up to six years, while other teams can only sign him for five.

"Anyone that says it's not about money is a liar," Bauman said. "Peja is going to get his big contract. Peja likes the Pacers because they have a base to build off. . . . Peja is a guy that can give a lot more than what he showed last year."

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jun 27 2006, 09:54 AM
Post #12

Bench

Member No.: 163

Peja is on the downside of his career. If you want to plug Deng at the 2 spot then you might as well draft Morrison at the #2 pick. Morrison has a HUGE upside. However i wouldn't mind Roy as well wink.gif Roy or Morrison fo me!

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 27 2006, 10:14 AM
Post #13

All-Star

Member No.: 43

I really don't see anyone out of Deng-Peja-Nocioni being able to guard shooting guards on a consistent basis. Morrison fits that too, the guy is an abysmal defender. He couldn't guard NCAA SF's, I don't see how he's going to guard NBA SG's.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:01 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home