> Miami Herald: Rose won't be visiting Heat
Balta1701-B
post Jun 19 2008, 03:08 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

I think this is a nice sign.
One of the most sough-after prospects in the upcoming NBA draft just might have became a bit more elusive for the Miami Heat.

University of Memphis point guard Derrick Rose concluded his predraft workout with the Chicago Bulls on Thursday, with his representatives indicating there were no plans for Rose to visit Miami before the draft.

The Bulls own the first pick in next Thursday's draft, with the Heat holding the second overall pick. Rose and Kansas State forward Michael Beasley are considered the top to prospects in the draft field.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 22 2008, 12:11 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Member No.: 12

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/ne...tory?id=3455528

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 22 2008, 12:23 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

You know I'm really starting to believe that the Heat are serious about drafting Mayo at #2 if Rose is gone (Which he will be wink.gif) Steven A Smith said this morning on ESPN that the Heat are 50/50 right now on Beasley because Wade would like to play off the ball next year and not handle the point guard duties and doesn't think Beasley fits what they need. He then went on to say that Mayo is a real possibility.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 23 2008, 11:32 AM
Post #4

All-Star

Member No.: 3

I don't know if I'd really like to have Mayo as a primary point. He has the ability but I think there would be a large learning curve there. I understand the love for Mayo becuase honestly, he could easily be the best player in this draft (and all teams in the top 3 should be happy because they are getting quality players, imo, all with the ability to be borderline stars).

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 23 2008, 03:49 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 23 2008, 12:41 PM) *
I don't know if I'd really like to have Mayo as a primary point. He has the ability but I think there would be a large learning curve there. I understand the love for Mayo becuase honestly, he could easily be the best player in this draft (and all teams in the top 3 should be happy because they are getting quality players, imo, all with the ability to be borderline stars).

Yeah I know what you mean, my dad tells me that he think Mayo will probably end up being the best player in this draft when its all said in done. If he can develop that "Kobe Bryant Work Ethic" he's going to be tough to beat, he has all the tools.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jun 23 2008, 04:30 PM
Post #6

Bench

Member No.: 163

Well thursday is the big day! As the day nears im sure we will continue to hear trade rumors. According to the Boston Globe there is grumblings about a trade with Miami. According to 'them' the Bulls would send Derek Rose, Tyrus Thomas and Larry Hughes to Miami for D. Wade. Thats a hell of a lot to give up for a guy coming off major injuries.

Silly Rumors

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 23 2008, 06:52 PM
Post #7

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

Well thursday is the big day! As the day nears im sure we will continue to hear trade rumors. According to the Boston Globe there is grumblings about a trade with Miami. According to 'them' the Bulls would send Derek Rose, Tyrus Thomas and Larry Hughes to Miami for D. Wade. Thats a hell of a lot to give up for a guy coming off major injuries

thats crazy. if we were getting wade and beasley then maybe, but even then im not ready to give up on tyrus just yet.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 23 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #8

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 23 2008, 05:39 PM) *
Well thursday is the big day! As the day nears im sure we will continue to hear trade rumors. According to the Boston Globe there is grumblings about a trade with Miami. According to 'them' the Bulls would send Derek Rose, Tyrus Thomas and Larry Hughes to Miami for D. Wade. Thats a hell of a lot to give up for a guy coming off major injuries.

Silly Rumors

That sounds more like the trade we would have to make rather than that earlier reported crap about Rose for Wade + Beasley... If that was the trade, I might do it. I guess it all just depends on if we were getting a healthy Wade or not. If he's healthy, then you make that trade and have a sure-thing All-Star on your team for the next 6-7 years.

Would Wade handle the point? If so, you could keep Gordon as the off-guard and let him drain 3's when Wade slashes in the paint. Or, you could keep Hinrich for less $$$ than Gordon and have a better all-around player, especially defensively. Either way it's a win-win.

Hinrich or Gordon
Wade
Deng
Gooden
Noah

Not too shabby...

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 23 2008, 10:41 PM
Post #9

All-Star

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 23 2008, 06:01 PM) *
thats crazy. if we were getting wade and beasley then maybe, but even then im not ready to give up on tyrus just yet.

If Wade is healthy, I would have absolutely zero problem with that trade. Wade is an absolutely superstar and if you put him around the remaining cast (Deng/Hinrich/Gordon/Noc/Sef/Noah/Gooden) you are talking about a title contending team and I mean that. The Bulls would be incredibly deep, imo, and not only could they play a slow paced style (utilizing gooden) they could also go small and use Wade/Hinrich/Deng/Noc/Noah and really run (Gordon obviously fits into that as well).

IF that was all it took, just sign me up, sign me up.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 23 2008, 10:42 PM
Post #10

All-Star

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 23 2008, 07:35 PM) *
That sounds more like the trade we would have to make rather than that earlier reported crap about Rose for Wade + Beasley... If that was the trade, I might do it. I guess it all just depends on if we were getting a healthy Wade or not. If he's healthy, then you make that trade and have a sure-thing All-Star on your team for the next 6-7 years.

Would Wade handle the point? If so, you could keep Gordon as the off-guard and let him drain 3's when Wade slashes in the paint. Or, you could keep Hinrich for less $$$ than Gordon and have a better all-around player, especially defensively. Either way it's a win-win.

Hinrich or Gordon
Wade
Deng
Gooden
Noah

Not too shabby...

There would be enough minutes to go aorund for both Noc/Gordon/Hinrich to get plenty of minutes (two of those guys getting them off the bench along with Sef). Or you could swing the one that doesn't play to a team for another big.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 24 2008, 07:41 AM
Post #11

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 23 2008, 09:35 PM) *

Hinrich or Gordon
Wade
Deng
Gooden
Noah

Not too shabby...

This trade actually seems like a possibility only because it lets Pax keep most of his babies. I hope it doesn't happen though. D-Wade is too much of an injury risk.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:28 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home