Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Free Agent Frenzy, Calling Where Top FA's Will Land
rockren
post Jun 7 2010, 06:22 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,947

I'll take my shots... CHANGES IN BOLD (06/30)

LeBron James- Chicago Bulls

I'm biased, but there is a lot of smoke out there, which has been well documented on this site regarding Bron's potential suitors. I'm also in the majority with this pick.

DWyane Wade- Miami Heat

I think this is a no-brainer as D-Wade as already made public pitches for players to join him in Miami.

Chris Bosh- LA Lakers Chicago Bulls

I hope to hell this doesn't happen, but it makes too much sense. Bosh will push a sign and trade so he can make more money. The Raps have been preparing a sign and trade scenario for a while now and Bosh listed the Lake Show as one of his preferred destinations. The early rumor has been Bynum and Odom for Bosh. I'll go one further on that and call for the Lakers to bite even harder and throw in Artest in exchange for Turkaglu's horrible contract. The Raps could buy out Artest for 20 million juxtaposed owing Turkaglu 44 million (Turkaglu has also demanded a trade). That would be the best possible scenario for the Raps IMO and I see the Lakers jumping at the chance to unload Artest/Bynum at a chance to pair Bosh with Gasol in the front court. Bosh has also been at multiple Lakers playoff games these past few weeks including last night's game 2.

Joe Johnson- NJ Nets New York Knicks

Prokhorov is an extremely intelligent man, but doesn't appear to be afraid in overpaying for anything. The difference between the Nets and Knicks IMO is that the Knicks will hold out until all of the big 3 are signed elsewhere, but the Nets will act quickly. Offering Joe Johnson a max contract right away (which he doesn't deserve, but will get early in FA) will have Joe Johnson signing before leaving town. Pairing Johnson in a back court with Harris to go along with potentially Derrick Favors next to Brook Lopez...they're in good shape heading into next season and beyond.

Rudy Gay- New York Knicks New Jersey Nets

Rudy is a tough call considering he's a restricted FA and the Grizzlies claim they'll match any offer, but I don't buy that. If a desperate Knicks team strikes out with the top tier FA's (although you certainly could put Rudy Gay ahead of Joe Johnson IMO) I could see the Knicks throwing a max contract at Rudy. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Clippers do the same thing. However, Rudy will probably prefer returning out east instead of heading out west to the Clippers.

Dirk Nowitzki- Dallas Mavericks

He opted out to see what was possible and I believe the Knicks to be a dark horse for his services seeing he fits D'Antoni's style like a glove, but I would be shocked if he left Dallas after comments he has made on returning to his career team. The Mavs will also hold out on him as long as LBJ/Wade/Bosh are on the market.

Amar'e Stoudemire- Phoenix Suns New York Knicks

I'm sure he'll flirt at joining Wade in Miami or re-uniting with D'Antoni in New York, but too much went right for the Suns this second of the season for Amar'e to want to leave now. I don't see Amar'e getting a max contract ANYWHERE no matter the circumstances because if anyone felt he was worth that much...they would have traded for him already seeing he's been very obtainable at the last two trade deadlines. It sounds as if Phoenix is willing to work out a long term deal with him, so I'd be surprised to see him leave.

Carlos Boozer- Miami Heat

The Jazz have made it pretty obvious they won't be re-signing Boozer. Boozer said in numerous radio interviews last year as his name was flying around in trade rumors he preferred the Bulls, Heat and Lakers. Word in Miami is Riley prefers Boozer to Stoudemire and Boozer would fit well in South Beach. I believe Boozer will wait and see what happens with the other FA's, but if FA goes anything like this....I see him jumping at the chance to play with Wade in Miami. This move would also make it easier for Miami to gladly give Beasley away. (Can anyone believe it was a debate of who the Bulls should take between Beasley and Rose???)

Ray Allen- New York Knicks Boston Celtics

If Ray wanted anything reasonable, he would have already signed an extension with Boston. If the Knicks strike out with with the big FA's like I believe they will- they'll throw a ton of money at whatever else they can. I could see Ray getting a 3yr/45mil deal from a desperate Knicks team. Ray's ties to Spike Lee and New York are well known. Even if the Knicks do strike it big with one of the other FA's....I still see this happening.

David Lee- New York Knicks

I've heard the Knicks really want to re-sign this guy and I don't think they'll have a choice. It's hard to predict what he'll command, but my guess is it will be a lot considering he's coming off of a terrific All-Star season and during a FA period where a lot of $$$ will be thrown around.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Sanitarium
post Jun 8 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #2

6th Man

Member No.: 781

LeBron James - Cavaliers
LeBron has everything but financial ownership of this team. He's already the most marketable player in the league and playing in New York isn't going to improve that by that much. I know I've talked alot of spiff about him being a drama queen, because he definately is, but he does really appreciate the history of the game. Lebron knows that the true greats - Larry, Kobe, Magic, Michael, etc, stick with one team. If Lebron ever wants a statue built in cleveland, which he probably does, he has to stay and win championships there. The cavs already showed they will make any move necessary to give lebron what he needs, and I think he will acknowledge that. He's gonna milk the media fuss for all its worth and then re-up with the Cavs.

Dwayne Wade - Heat
They are guaranteed to get at least one of the big names, and with the location and Pat Riley possibly coming back, there's no reason for Dwayne to leave.

Chris Bosh - Heat
I think the heat will move for Bosh first and he'll accept quickly. He could play the 4 or 5 and Beasley would play the 3 or 4.. if he doesn't get traded.

Dirk Nowitzki - Mavericks
If he wants a championship, his best bet is staying in Dallas. Dirk isn't slowing down much, JKidd is still a good player, and a full year with Butler would only improve them. They will probably try to trade Shawn Marion for someone else, maybe to the knicks.

Amare Stoudamire - Suns
They made the Conference Finals this year... there's no reason why they wouldn't next year if he stays. Channing Frye has commited himself to improving his game so he should be a full time starter next year. Plus if Nash is leaving any time soon, he can feel safe signing long term with how Dragic has played.

Carlos Boozer - Bulls
He was on Scott van Pelt yesterday and said he wants to have a chance at the finals for the next three years. He would have that in Utah, probably, but they obviously really like Millsap and aren't gonna pay two forwards big money. That leaves basically the Heat and Bulls. With Amare staying in Phoenix, the heat will probably have first choice between Bosh and Boozer, leaving us with who's left. I think both teams would obviously be happy with either. If it's between here and New York, I think thats an easy choice.

(after this, i think its a crapshoot)

Joe Johnson - Knicks
I think the Knicks will work a deal for Tony Parker, otherwise they're not gonna get anyone who's 'ring hunting'. Then they will throw money at all the above guys, but because of whats on their roster right now, the first to accept will be Johnson.

Rudy Gay - Grizzlies
I dont know if the grizzlies owner is bluffing or not, but I think they match anything.

Ray Allen - Tough to call
If ray thinks he can still play, and the Celtics win, I can see him coming back and going for a third ring. If he's thinking about the end of the career, he's probably headed to the Knicks or Nets, though I don't know if the Knicks will have room for him and the Nets owner is rich but he's not gonna overpay for Ray Allen... they are keeping their cap open for Carmelo next year.

David Lee - Knicks
I think theyll keep him, once the Bulls and Raptors sign their PF's no one is left to give him the big bucks.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jun 8 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #3

6th Man

I've stated this before- I really wouldn't hate an off-season where we landed Boozer and Allen.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 9 2010, 07:30 AM
Post #4

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (rockren @ Jun 8 2010, 04:45 PM) *
I've stated this before- I really wouldn't hate an off-season where we landed Boozer and Allen.

If they didn't add Lebron as well, yeah, I'd hate that.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jun 9 2010, 05:19 PM
Post #5

6th Man

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 9 2010, 08:30 AM) *
If they didn't add Lebron as well, yeah, I'd hate that.

If they don't get LeBron this could very well be their best scenario.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 9 2010, 06:27 PM
Post #6

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (rockren @ Jun 9 2010, 06:19 PM) *
If they don't get LeBron this could very well be their best scenario.

Boozer is quite a bit worse than Bosh or Amare, so no, it's not their best scenario. Plus Allen isn't exactly a long-term solution given his age.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 11 2010, 08:06 AM
Post #7

Superstar

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 9 2010, 08:27 PM) *
Boozer is quite a bit worse than Bosh or Amare, so no, it's not their best scenario. Plus Allen isn't exactly a long-term solution given his age.

That.

I could go with Allen and Bosh. That could be a winning team next year, depending on DR1, Noah, and health.
Allen and Boozer? I don't feel like that team wins the East next year, and then I expect a bigger dropoff every year from those 2.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jun 12 2010, 12:11 AM
Post #8

6th Man

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 9 2010, 07:27 PM) *

I'm just saying I don't think the Bulls have much of a shot at Bosh considering it'll take a sign and trade and the Raps will have no interest in Deng.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jun 13 2010, 06:09 PM
Post #9

Bench

Member No.: 163

Lebron James- Chicago: Its his best case scenario to win now other than Cleveland. James seems to be infatuated with Chicago, the legacy Jordan and Pippen left behind. At one time Kobe wanted to come here, remember that? The fact Derrek Rose is an young promising all-star. Joakim Noah is getting better and better. Thibideau's defensive mind and connection to agent World Wide Wes. I'm sure watching footage of the Blackhawk parade can't hurt as well! smile.gif

Dwayne Wade-- Miami: For the last few years it has been Chicago or stay in Miami. Well with his latest bad talk about Chicago's 'dedication' that pretty much all but eliminated his chances of signing here. He WILL re-sign with Miami no doubt.

Chris Bosh- Miami: Wade and Bosh seem to be pretty tight. They just got together to talk I wonder why Lebron didn't go? Hmmm maybe Lebron already made his decision- now its their turn to pick? Miami has the money and they will bring Bosh to Miami to join forces with Wade. There is a reason they are trying to deal Beasley.

Dirk Nowitzki- Dallas-: He is a legend in Dallas and he is tight with owner Mark Cuban. He isn't leaving that place.

Amare Stoudemire- New York: The Knicks will do everything in their power to bring in a marquee free agent. Since Amare and D'Antoni had success in Phoenix, I can see them trying it again in NY.

Carlos Boozer- New Jersey: The Nets are on the rise with their #1 pick and young core of players that include Devin Harris and Brook Lopez. This seems like a good fit for Boozer. As he would likely get the most money here.

Joe Johnson-- Cleveland: The Cavs will have pleanty of money to spend with Lebron's depature and Joe Johnson isn't a bad player at ALL in fact he will keep Cleveland competitive. He just isn't Lebron.

Rudy Gay- New York: A summer of Stoudemire and Gay would improve their current situation after striking out big on Wade, Bosh and Lebron.

Ray Allen- Chicago: The hirering of Thibideau and the signing of Lebron will be more than enough for Allen to take a pay cut to sign with the Bulls. A starting lineup of: Rose, Allen, James, Gibson and Noah- amazing!

David Lee- Clippers- They will need to sign someone don't they?

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jun 16 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #10

6th Man

Amare Stoudemire- New York: The Knicks will do everything in their power to bring in a marquee free agent. Since Amare and D'Antoni had success in Phoenix, I can see them trying it again in NY.

I'm warming up to this idea..especially considering the chance of the Knicks striking out with the Big 3. I just believe D'Antoni is smarter than advising the Knicks to give Amar'e a max deal when they have no actual PG to speak of. It's sounding more and more by the day that Amar'e is leaving Phoenix, which surprises me. I'll be updating my frenzy board.

Ray Allen- Chicago: The hirering of Thibideau and the signing of Lebron will be more than enough for Allen to take a pay cut to sign with the Bulls. A starting lineup of: Rose, Allen, James, Gibson and Noah- amazing!

Oh this would be nice.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jun 16 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #11

6th Man

It should also be noted the Cavs can't sign a max Free Agent if LBJ were to leave due to not having enough cap room.

They're pretty much screwed.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jun 21 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #12

6th Man

there's a blurb on espn insider that says Bosh wants to be the centerpiece, not a complimentary guy.

if thats even true, i think that excludes miami and that weird trade to lakers theory.. and he doesnt want to play with lebron.

the reason im a bit skeptical about that though is because thats been the approach since he got drafted by the raptors, and it didnt work lol

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 21 2010, 01:03 PM
Post #13

Superstar

QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Jun 21 2010, 12:14 PM) *
there's a blurb on espn insider that says Bosh wants to be the centerpiece, not a complimentary guy.

if thats even true, i think that excludes miami and that weird trade to lakers theory.. and he doesnt want to play with lebron.

the reason im a bit skeptical about that though is because thats been the approach since he got drafted by the raptors, and it didnt work lol

Bosh was #4 in the NBA last year in PER, behind Lebron, Wade, and Durant. The problem with the Raptors approach has been the lack of talent around him, not using him as a centerpiece. He's a centerpiece level player, just not Lebron-level.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jun 30 2010, 12:49 AM
Post #14

6th Man

Original Picks updated!

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jun 30 2010, 04:40 PM
Post #15

6th Man

i was gonna try and type out another set of picks but... everything is so up in the air until lebron, bosh, and amare sign

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:48 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home