> The Nikola Mirotic Thread
Balta1701-B
post Jul 8 2012, 02:08 PM
Post #46

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop

RT @DavidHaugh: More Bulls Future F Nikola Mirotic "I have to be important player in Europe before thinking about NBA." http://trib.in/RC0SFW
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jul 8 2012, 04:16 PM
Post #47

Bench

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 109

Yeah...I just don't think he'll ever play in the NBA with the way that contract is set up. Too much money for too much of an unknown. Like he even said, he'll have to be far, far better before we'll think about doing that.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Oct 7 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #48

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Sam Smith got to check out Mirotic in a scrimmage against the Memphis Grizzlies and came away impressed.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Oct 8 2012, 10:50 AM
Post #49

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 61

Real Madrid is on NBATV this afternoon if anybody's interested. I think 2pm Chicago time...I could be wrong tho.

6pm Chicago time. Starting now!

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Oct 10 2012, 07:38 AM
Post #50

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Zach Randolph was pretty impressed as well

http://www.csnchicago.com/basketball-chica...72211255338-914

The legend of 2011 Bulls draft pick Nikola Mirotic continues to grow, even if the majority of his future fan base hasn’t seen him play in person yet. However, if the likes of Grizzlies power forward Zach Randolph and head coach Lionel Hollins keep talking him up — Memphis played Mirotic’s team, Real Madrid, in their exhibition debut Saturday night — there might be a run on flights to Spain out of Midway and O’Hare.

“I like young fella, man. He’s got a great upside to him. I didn’t know that the Bulls drafted him until last night. Somebody, one of the workers, told me at Grand Lux — I was eating. I like the kid. He’s got a stroke on him, he can play smart, he’s a little physical. I think he can make a statement in this league one day,” said Randolph. “He reminds me of Dirk and a little bit of ‘Gallo’ [Denver Nuggets small forward Danilo Gallinari, a native of Italy], just a little bit. But I can see the Dirk comparisons. I can see why, definitely.

“He looked like a little baby, so he had to be young,” he continued. “You’ve got to put him at the right spot. I don’t think he can play four or five. I don’t know how his ballhandling is, so I can’t say, but I know he can shoot like a three. He can shoot very well, so if you put him in the right situations, the right spots, I think he can be effective.”

Hollins, who did point out some potential weaknesses, added: “I was talking to the Bulls’ brass about him. I think he’s got a chance to be in the league. He can shoot the ball. He knows how to play. Obviously we’re talking about a kid that hasn’t come over yet. He’s still young and it’s about getting stronger, and learning the NBA game. The NBA game is so much more aggressive and physical, and over there, so many guys just stand out there on the perimeter and shoot shots, and that’s it. But he’ll have to be able to play both [forward] positions and it’ll be tough for him. When we went small — played Rudy Gay at four — and he became a non-factor. If he’s playing against a bigger four, obviously he’s going to have a little bit more of an advantage.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:53 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home