Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rumor W/Celtics, From Boston Globe
Chisoxfn
post Jun 26 2006, 05:23 PM
Post #16

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

I want to add apparently there is some fire to this move. A few boards have posts saying the deal could be announced tomorrow.

I think we need to realize Duhon would start at PG for quite a few teams in this league and I for one would really miss him, but at the same time we have a starting PG and my #1 goal this off-season (besides getting a legit big) would be to find a way for Hinrich to be our full time PG (with us getting a legit 2).

Dealing Duhon may help us get a Roy, Brewer or someone else that could potentially become a starting 2 guard allowing Hinrich to be our full time PG (which I think would help not only his shooting %, but would make him an even better shut down defender).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post Jun 26 2006, 05:51 PM
Post #17

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 66

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26 2006, 05:16 PM)
I want to add apparently there is some fire to this move. A few boards have posts saying the deal could be announced tomorrow.

I think we need to realize Duhon would start at PG for quite a few teams in this league and I for one would really miss him, but at the same time we have a starting PG and my #1 goal this off-season (besides getting a legit big) would be to find a way for Hinrich to be our full time PG (with us getting a legit 2).

Dealing Duhon may help us get a Roy, Brewer or someone else that could potentially become a starting 2 guard allowing Hinrich to be our full time PG (which I think would help not only his shooting %, but would make him an even better shut down defender).

And, Duhon would gladly accept the trade. He loves it here in Chicago, and I am a big fan of his, but he would love for the chance to start, and that won't happen here.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 26 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #18

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26 2006, 06:16 PM)

This would make my day tomorrow. Roy and Aldridge? Bargnani and Roy? Aldridge and Brewer? Bargnani and Brewer?

I'd take any of those combo's.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Jun 26 2006, 06:11 PM
Post #19

Bench

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 26 2006, 06:03 PM)
This would make my day tomorrow. Roy and Aldridge? Bargnani and Roy? Aldridge and Brewer? Bargnani and Brewer?

I'd take any of those combo's.

if any of those first 2 combinations happened that would be out of this world.

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jun 26 2006, 07:20 PM
Post #20

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26 2006, 06:16 PM)

I hope that's right...would make my freaking day.

Any links?

+Quote Post
Guest_B-4-Bulls_*
post Jun 26 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #21

Guests

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 26 2006, 07:13 PM)
I hope that's right...would make my freaking day.

Any links?

Heres one

Its nothing really new but, I do believe that this isnt JUST a rumor I believe its true. Its just a matter of Danny Ainge Excepting it. Imagine 2 Top 10 picks! That would make my day as well.

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jun 26 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #22

Leading Scorer

QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jun 26 2006, 08:16 PM)
Heres one

Its nothing really new but, I do believe that this isnt JUST a rumor I believe its true. Its just a matter of Danny Ainge Excepting it. Imagine 2 Top 10 picks! That would make my day as well.

Yea I've seen that, I was referring to what forums he saw that it might be done tomorrow.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 26 2006, 07:41 PM
Post #23

All-Star

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 26 2006, 05:19 PM)
Yea I've seen that, I was referring to what forums he saw that it might be done tomorrow.

There is some guy in the real gm board with sources saying a deal will be announced tomorrow. Who knows if its true or not.

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jun 26 2006, 07:42 PM
Post #24

Leading Scorer

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26 2006, 08:34 PM)
There is some guy in the real gm board with sources saying a deal will be announced tomorrow. Who knows if its true or not.

Ya I just saw that as well. No idea wtf he is saying in greek, hahaha.

Hopefully he does really have sources.

+Quote Post
Guest_B-4-Bulls_*
post Jun 26 2006, 07:42 PM
Post #25

Guests

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26 2006, 07:34 PM)

ya thats where i got it from, I hope so.... pray.gif

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 26 2006, 07:43 PM
Post #26

All-Star

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 26 2006, 05:35 PM)
Ya I just saw that as well. No idea wtf he is saying in greek, hahaha.

Hopefully he does really have sources.

I saw Dickau and a whole boatload of greek so I don't know if we'd be getting him in return somehow???

Stupid question, but I'm in the midst of cooking pasta, is he on the Celtics right now?

+Quote Post
Guest_B-4-Bulls_*
post Jun 26 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #27

Guests

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26 2006, 07:36 PM)
I saw Dickau and a whole boatload of greek so I don't know if we'd be getting him in return somehow???

Stupid question, but I'm in the midst of cooking pasta, is he on the Celtics right now?

Im cookin' some brownies this instant as well biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 26 2006, 07:48 PM
Post #28

All-Star

QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Jun 26 2006, 05:38 PM)
Im cookin' some brownies this instant as well biggrin.gif

How about we make our own deal, I pass you some pasta, you pass me some brownies biggrin.gif

I did just check and Dan Dickau is on the Celtics. I've always been a fan of Dickau (probably cause i like the Zags). He had a pretty darn good season in 04/05 but this past year in Boston he really didn't seem to fit, but he only played in 19 games as his season ended in the middle of December due to a torn achilles tendon.

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jun 26 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #29

Leading Scorer

Ya I think Dickau would have to be in the deal to make salaries match, since both teams will be over the cap for a few more weeks.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 26 2006, 08:17 PM
Post #30

All-Star

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 26 2006, 05:55 PM)
Ya I think Dickau would have to be in the deal to make salaries match, since both teams will be over the cap for a few more weeks.

I'd be plenty happy with that move. Dickau is a solid enough backup who is a decent passer and scorer. He'd have to improve defensively but I think getting in a system like Skiles would help.

The guy garnered a lot of comparisons to Nash (same conference, similar skill sets) but he needs to be in a more creative offensive set, imo. Remember, Nash floundered for a few years before figuring things out too.

I'd be really happy if we landed Dickau and moved up in the draft.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 12:44 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home