Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If we had Tyson....
CubbiesFan07
post Apr 30 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #1

Tyrus Thomas's #1 Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 94

you think we could have made it this far?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Apr 30 2007, 06:05 PM
Post #2

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (CubbiesFan07 @ Apr 30 2007, 06:15 PM) *
you think we could have made it this far?

Maybe, but the series would have been a whole lot more exciting... and there certainly wouldn't have been a sweep.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Apr 30 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #3

Bench

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 30 2007, 06:58 PM) *
Maybe, but the series would have been a whole lot more exciting... and there certainly wouldn't have been a sweep.

You have to remember we signed Ben Wallace before trading Tyson. So the different would be PJ Brown and Chandler. We would of dominated the boards thats for sure.

+Quote Post
RME JICO
post Apr 30 2007, 06:26 PM
Post #4

Bench

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Apr 30 2007, 07:18 PM) *
You have to remember we signed Ben Wallace before trading Tyson. So the different would be PJ Brown and Chandler. We would of dominated the boards thats for sure.

Not really, because the money freed up from the Tyson deal was basically used on Big Ben, even though they did not happen in the right order. Once Wallace was signed, Chandler was going, one way or another.

I think we would have been worse off with Chandler and Wallace in the lineup at the same time. So I would say yes we would get to the 2nd round, but it would not have been in 4 games.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post May 1 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #5

Bench

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Apr 30 2007, 07:19 PM) *
Not really, because the money freed up from the Tyson deal was basically used on Big Ben, even though they did not happen in the right order. Once Wallace was signed, Chandler was going, one way or another.

I think we would have been worse off with Chandler and Wallace in the lineup at the same time. So I would say yes we would get to the 2nd round, but it would not have been in 4 games.

Except PJ Brown makes just about the same amount as Chandler banghead.gif , Also, basicly all PJ was able to do this season was hit that mid-range jumper. If we gave Chandler a whole off-season to work on it, I think he could contribute in a similar way offensively. I still think the Chandler trade was one of the worse moves by John Paxson.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post May 1 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #6

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ May 1 2007, 09:39 AM) *
Except PJ Brown makes just about the same amount as Chandler banghead.gif , Also, basicly all PJ was able to do this season was hit that mid-range jumper. If we gave Chandler a whole off-season to work on it, I think he could contribute in a similar way offensively. I still think the Chandler trade was one of the worse moves by John Paxson.

A season? We gave Tyson YEARS to work on his offensive game, and it never happened.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 1 2007, 09:42 AM
Post #7

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

There is no doubt we would have been better off with Wallace/Chandler instead of Wallace/P.J.

The only problem is that we couldn't afford both after this season b/c Hinrich's extension goes through.

The real question is would we have been better off with Tyson/Curry who basically cost slightly more than Wallace alone.

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post May 1 2007, 11:08 AM
Post #8

6th Man

Member No.: 214

Not a chance

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post May 1 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #9

Bench

I think we most definitely would be better with Curry/Chandler than with Wallace/Brown combo. Curry was begining to turn it around on both sides of the court if people dont remember that season, than the heart problems and playing for the Knicks kind of set him back. Chandler is one of the best help defenders in the league and rebounders. Im happy with the team we have now, but that team probably would have been better. It has the one thing we lack, a low post scorer.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 1 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #10

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ May 1 2007, 05:23 PM) *
I think we most definitely would be better with Curry/Chandler than with Wallace/Brown combo. Curry was begining to turn it around on both sides of the court if people dont remember that season, than the heart problems and playing for the Knicks kind of set him back. Chandler is one of the best help defenders in the league and rebounders. Im happy with the team we have now, but that team probably would have been better. It has the one thing we lack, a low post scorer.

A lineup of Kirk, Ben, Luol, Tyson, and Eddy doesn't make it past the 1st round in 2007, IMO. There would be no veteran leadership, and no extended playoff experience...winning experience at that. Ask the Raptors how big experience is.

+Quote Post
BobDylan
post May 1 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #11

Rookie

Member No.: 399

The Bulls would shut teams down up the middle, that's for sure. Late in the game, teams would be pretty much dead having to depend on long range jumpers. However, Tyson Chandler is as bad, if not worse an offensive player than Wallace. The team, at no point in the season, could afford to have two offensive duds on the floor for any extended period of time. P.J. Brown may not be a huge offensive threat, but he brings more to the table on that side of the floor than Chandler. With seeing P.J. this year, I wouldn't even mind seeing him stick around another year if the price is right.

That said, the Bulls cannot go into next season without a low post scoring threat. Eddy Curry would be nice, but that guy bought himself a ticket out of town. Not to mention he plays defense for spiff. It's going to be tough for the Bulls to find a legitimate big man who can play well (above average offensively) at both ends of the floor.

But to answer the question, no, I don't think the Bulls would be this good with Tyson/Wallace over P.J./Wallace. Just take a look back over the Miami series and look at the ways P.J. contributed. He did a lot of things Tyson will never do.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 1 2007, 06:29 PM) *
A lineup of Kirk, Ben, Luol, Tyson, and Eddy doesn't make it past the 1st round in 2007, IMO. There would be no veteran leadership, and no extended playoff experience...winning experience at that. Ask the Raptors how big experience is.

Probably doesn't even get to the playoffs, IMO. You make a good point with experience. Wallace brought a lot of that in the Miami series. A lot of the things he did don't show up on paper.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post May 1 2007, 06:44 PM
Post #12

Skills Competitor

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 1 2007, 06:29 PM) *

IMO that line up would have gained the extended expirience 2006...

And the Raptors are lamenting having one of their 2 ROY canditates not dressing while the is playing like a stiff because he hasn't practiced in 4 weeks a little more then their lack of expirience.

+Quote Post
BobDylan
post May 1 2007, 06:44 PM
Post #13

Rookie

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ May 1 2007, 05:23 PM) *

There's no way either Chandler or Curry stand in there and take Shaq's elbows like Wallace did. Not only that, they don't generate the amount of offensive boards Wallace does either. Ben Wallace alone > Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry. (Of course given the supporting cast around him is pretty good too, which in the Bulls case it is.)

Tyson Chandler is a beast, but not in the way Wallace is. You can't put Tyson on a guy like Shaq and expect some sort of stoppage. Not to mention the dude can't even catch the ball.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post May 1 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #14

Skills Competitor

QUOTE (BobDylan @ May 1 2007, 07:37 PM) *
There's no way either Chandler or Curry stand in there and take Shaq's elbows like Wallace did. Not only that, they don't generate the amount of offensive boards Wallace does either. Ben Wallace alone > Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry. (Of course given the supporting cast around him is pretty good too, which in the Bulls case it is.)

Shaq refers to Curry has one of the best big men in the game... and if you look at the last time they played each other, Curry got Shaq into foul trouble and proceeded to outscore and out rebound him.

+Quote Post
BobDylan
post May 1 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #15

Rookie

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ May 1 2007, 07:48 PM) *
Shaq refers to Curry has one of the best big men in the game... and if you look at the last time they played each other, Curry got Shaq into foul trouble and proceeded to outscore and out rebound him.

Maybe so, but in a 7 game series? I'll take my chances with Wallace, the proven veteran with a ring on his finger. Eddy Curry is a joke when it comes to help defense, too.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 12:40 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home