Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NO RESPECT!!!!!!!
sport1016
post Aug 1 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #16

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

We match up so well with the celtics. Thabo and kirk are good on allen, considering he's small kirk isnt at that much of a disadvantage. Pierce is great but he's undersized agst deng, which could prove to be a good offensive mismatch for us come playoff time. Also, we have wallace, smith, TT, and Noah to throw at KG. We are better prepared than anyone to handle the celtics.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Aug 1 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #17

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Aug 1 2007, 12:46 PM) *
We match up so well with the celtics. Thabo and kirk are good on allen, considering he's small kirk isnt at that much of a disadvantage. Pierce is great but he's undersized agst deng, which could prove to be a good offensive mismatch for us come playoff time. Also, we have wallace, smith, TT, and Noah to throw at KG. We are better prepared than anyone to handle the celtics.

gppd [pomt

+Quote Post
ChicagoBullsMadi...
post Aug 1 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #18

10 Day Contract

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,263

i hate this spiff more than anything, the bulls never get any respesct anymore from anyone. cavs had the easiest road to the finals, the only reason they won is cuz they had a washed down detroit team who was dead tired after playin us. bull are the number 2 team if not the number 1 team in the east

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Aug 1 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #19

Starter

Member No.: 118

Here's a quick link for you guys.... And yes, the bullssmilie1.jpg get some respect.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?p...undup-EastPower

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Aug 1 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #20

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

What's new with Chicago teams getting no respect? I really could care less as long as we're in the Finals.

+Quote Post
rangercal
post Aug 1 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #21

Bench

Member No.: 7

Guess who ever made the poll was a moron

I loved this

9. Has the balance of power in the NBA shifted East?

Abbott: No. The teams that are a threat to win the title are still concentrated in the West. If Miami figures out a post-Shaq plan that could change things, and Chicago likely will win a title at some point

+Quote Post
b-riann
post Aug 1 2007, 02:16 PM
Post #22

Bench

Member No.: 892

wow
espn? notworthy.gif

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Aug 1 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #23

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

Marc Stein is such an idiot. My god.

+Quote Post
ChicagoBullsMadi...
post Aug 1 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #24

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 1,263

WAWAWEEWA! we were picked by almost everyone to be a finals team, and i think that we are.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Aug 1 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #25

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

While I don't think they'll finish ahead of the Bulls or Pistons, I don't think it's a major stretch to put the Celtics #3. Sure, they don't have much outside of their big 3, but look at the teams they're competing with:

Cleveland- Basically Lebron and a lot of less than stellar options. Lebron basically had to be a one-man show for them to win in the playoffs. I definitely think they end up as the 5 or 6 seed (maybe lower), fighting out for those spots with Boston if they can't get by Toronto. I've never liked Hughes, Ilguaskas isn't getting any younger, and Gooden is too flaky. They're putting their hopes on Daniel Gibson to step up, that's rarely a good sign (decent talent, but not a #2 option).

Toronto- I like them, and they could very well beat Boston out for the title in that division (in fact, I'd guess they will). But they're also still a young team that only had 47 wins in a much weaker conference. Bargnani needs to take the next step for them to REALLY solidfy that spot, because I'm not so sure you can count on Parker, Dixon, and Calderon to play like that again. They're basically where the Bulls were last year (though not as good), in that they still need to prove they can succeed in the playoffs.

Miami- Basically depending on Wade and a decreasingly effective Shaq. Haslem is a nice role player, but Williams isn't that great, and letting Kapono go will hurt.

Washington- Basically the same 3-star setup without much support. The one plus over Boston is that their guys are younger, though the total lack of defense will hurt (at least Boston has KG and Rondo).

Orlando- Again, Howard and Lewis are impressive, but who else really scares you? Nelson is the only other guy I'd REALLY count on to produce. Turkoglu will likely either be dealt or will be less effective with Lewis basically filling his role, and I guess Ariza MIGHT break out.

New Jersey- They at least have 4 solid players instead of 3, and I guess Nachbar isn't all bad either. They're in a similar state as Boston though, not much bench help unless Boone and Williams step up. Okay, if they stay healthy and are 100%, I like them more than Boston, but Kidd is 34 and not as dangerous a scorer, Kristic is coming off a serious injury, Carter could very easily start to coast now that he got payed, and Jefferson has had some injury problems.

I personally just see to much clutter there to definitively say Boston is a 6-seed and out. Sure, they'll probably end up in the 5-6 range (maybe 3 if they can get past Toronto, or maybe 7 if some of these other teams hold up), but with those 3 you never know what will happen, especially since the stars tend to be a major factor in the playoffs.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 07:27 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home