> McGrady's 1 & Done Again, He Fills Our Need
heirdog
post May 12 2008, 01:39 PM
Post #16

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 171

QUOTE (steve9347 @ May 12 2008, 01:29 PM) *
Yeah, that might be true, however, where does it say they are looking to deal Melo. They could move Camby, Iverson, or Nene and not have to move their best, young asset. I really doubt they'd move him, and if they did, I'd really hope it would be to the Bulls.

While the Nuggets have given no indication they will actively shop Anthony, the constant drama in the life of their 23-year-old forward has become the source of enough frustration within team headquarters that Denver would be willing to listen if somebody made a trade offer too good to refuse for Melo. The problem? In a league where stars such as Kobe Bryant and LeBron James dominate, it's difficult to come out ahead when trading a singular immense talent for any combination of players and draft picks.

Excerpt from a May 9th Denver Post article
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post May 12 2008, 02:32 PM
Post #17

I'm fresh.

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (heirdog @ May 12 2008, 02:48 PM) *
While the Nuggets have given no indication they will actively shop Anthony, the constant drama in the life of their 23-year-old forward has become the source of enough frustration within team headquarters that Denver would be willing to listen if somebody made a trade offer too good to refuse for Melo. The problem? In a league where stars such as Kobe Bryant and LeBron James dominate, it's difficult to come out ahead when trading a singular immense talent for any combination of players and draft picks.

Excerpt from a May 9th Denver Post article

Bolded area is all I needed to read.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 12 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #18

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 12 2008, 02:45 PM) *
I'd rather have them trade us AI than Carmelo.

Me too. He'd be a lot cheaper in terms of what we'd have to give up. I also rather have T-Mac and that's not b/c I love T-Mac it's b/c I think T-Mac is more of a star and is more unselfish. When has Melo led that team in anything but FG attempts. He doesn't hit big shots that often and he isn't that great with the ball in his hands. Not to mention he hasn't had hit head on right since he came into the league. Technical fouls, a fight, and a DUI. What's next. I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to trade for him b/c he's so young and still can get his head right but I wouldn't be willing to give up 3 of our best players to get him. He's not that good. To be honest he's not that much better than Deng. Yeah he's a better scorer but Deng is better defensively and is less selfish.

I know Steve loves Melo but I think Melo is several years (if he ever gets there) from being the type of unselfish player who can lead his team to a title. He couldn't win with AI, Martin, & Camby and I doubt he'd win with just Kirk, Noah, & possibly Gordon (assuming we trade Deng, Tyrus, & the pick)

+Quote Post
heirdog
post May 13 2008, 06:57 AM
Post #19

Rookie

Member No.: 171

QUOTE (steve9347 @ May 12 2008, 02:41 PM) *
Bolded area is all I needed to read.

Then you would be uninformed. I said "he might be available" and if they are willing to listen to offers than he might be available. Do you think they would ever say they are actively shopping him and piss him off? This is how stars are traded...they are usually quietly available for a great offer. We could potentially provide a significant offer with our current assets.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 08:12 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home